Womens Running

Marvelous Monday (Over 40) (Read 21 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Marvelous work, runners!

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Arimathea, congrats on the marathon, but so sorry you got scraped up! Are you sure the ribs are ok?  Thanks for the advice about gus and tums.

Friday I had been sitting the entire day. My 35 minute track run felt so good! I added 25 minutes of cardio when I got home.

Saturday was SDO but I did a 2.2 mile hike. OOO! It was cold. I was glad I wore my winter running clothes.

Sunday I did 35 minutes on the track. Cardio 25 minutes when I got home.

There were lots of old men walking on the track. While I was doing my stretching I noticed something too close to me. Yep. An old nearsighted guy just waiting to converse. I walked quickly past him and he finally realized that I was not available. Yeesh.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

Good morning, I read yesterday. Let's see what I can remember.

Judy, nice workouts!

Tessa, congrats on the race!  Darn on the fall-sounded like an ugly one.

Lisa and Susan/runner mom, that sounds like a nice trail.  100 milers...

Gatsby, you're so nice to help your friend achieve that remarkable feat.  Congrats to him!

Karen,  I can see you doing 100.

Marjorie, nice miles!  How is your hubby liking the fitbit?  I lost mine the night we had the tornado warning. It's here, but I've searched clothes, laundry, my sleeping bag in the storm closet... They're so little.

Demaris, I'm glad you're seeing a good doc.  It's either the nurse or mom in me...I always want to fix things.  I hope things improve.

Cindy, are you getting excited?  Your race is in a week or two, right?

Shadow, hope you had a good weekend!

Hi to everyone else!

It was a  nice weekend here with great fall colors.  Sat I walked with friends on a new trail here.  It's only 2-3 miles, but is in the woods with some hills (though not our killer ones) and wide dirt paths covered in leaves. It's very nice and I'd love to run there, but it's a little off the beaten path and no one  else is usu there. We also did the "Taste of" the county fundraiser. Fun, but It's good that we walked!  Yesterday I did 6 total, but it was split. I also washed windows, etc. Cross training for sure.  Today, I'm pressure washing the decks again with no run. Tomorrow a.m, I'm planning to get up run the golf course.  I'll report in afterwards. : )

ginnyb

Spent most of the weekend at football games.  They didn't do too well but it was fun watching.  State competition is tough.

Ran 5 miles on Sunday and did TM and elliptical this morning.  Also met with a trainer and was shown the weight and other machines at the gym.  Did some upper body.  Work at 11:30.  Day off tomorrow!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Long weekend for us in more ways than one.  First, hubby got called into work while we were leaving for Orlando so we did not run the Disney race.  We were partly relieved because the rain was bad during the race.  I found a local HM instead that we ran together on Sunday morning and had fun.  I have 5 and weights tonight.

Tessa, great job and great RR!  Congratulations.  Ouch at the ribs!

Judy, sorry, your experience made me laugh.  Sheesh indeed.

Camille, sounds like a great weekend for you.

Ginny, nice 5.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day. Traveling to PA for work meetings.

Camille he loves it. It does keep him motivated. He is often pacing around the house to get his 10000 steps in when he is a little short of his goal.

Marjorie

Hobby Jogger Especial!

Well, I forgot to post over the weekend. I guess that's a good thing because it means I was busy with other things. Saturday I ran 5.5 with my running buddy in gorgeous fall weather. My DH and DS left for an overnight crawdad trip and my DD and GD came down for the day. We had a really nice day and gathered up quite a few walnuts from our tree. DD made me an awesome butternut squash soup. Yum! Yesterday, my crawdad hunters came home with quite a haul. Needless to say, I ate well over the weekend! This morning I did 4 miles with my running buddy in 37f with a 28f windchill. As far as races go, I hope to get the whole family to do the Christmas Run on 12/20, then the AZ RnR HM on 1/19. Other than that, who knows? Tomorrow I'll be doing a Veterans' Day 5k with my DH and running buddy.

Carol - Best wishes for DD2. I hope the 3rd time is the charm.

Tessa - Great job on the race! Sorry to hear about your crash. Hope you aren’t too sore. I enjoyed your report.

Marjorie - great runs this weekend. I’m sure your friend is paying for the low training now but glad she finished. Safe travels.

Gatsby - good for you for crewing and congrats to your friend!

Karen - sounds like a very tough pilates workout. I can’t imagine a marathon, let alone a 100 miler!

Lisa - sounds like some great trail runs!

Susan - good job on the trails!

Judy - great workouts over the weekend.

Camille - sounds like a lovely weekend and good exercise.

Ginny - glad you got to cheer on your football players! Good workouts.

Damaris - sorry you missed Disney but sounds like you had a nice HM on Sunday.

For anyone I missed - hello!

For those of you ultra runners or wanna be ultrarunners, I suggest the site irunfar.com.  I subscribe to their page and really enjoy everything they post. Lots of good stuff, reviews, reports, etc. I especially love the reports of these amazing racers and reading about races in far away places.

Hmmm since everyone is thinking about next year... I might as well too.  Thinking about this:

http://www.trailmarathon.com/more-important-stuff/serious-series

Hey!  Easy swim this morning.  Saturday was a 30 mile ride + 2 mile run.  10 mile run Sunday.  Lots of errands and house chores this weekend.  BF's sail was delayed again.  I was supposed to fly to Arkansas for a meeting today but it was canceled late Friday afternoon.  Wink

Tessa--ouch on the fall.  Sounds like you toughed it out.

Howdy everyone!  Got a work assignment due--gotta git!

Arimathea

Tessa

Camille, agree that the Fitbit is tiny. Good luck finding it. I don't think they wash well either -- unlike the ActiveLink which can go through the washer and dryer and come out smiling.

Shadow, walnut tree? Yum. How do you keep the squirrels from thieving all the nuts?

Lisa, deer tibia? Next time go for the skull!

Susan, I was wondering that about Kaite/Katie too. Having met Lisa's DD3 I don't see her doing much trail running. This is the kid who sent her dad a picture from DWD relay titled "I am so bored I am reading the race instructions."

Thanks to everyone for your sympathy.on the fall. Still bruised and cut but basically OK. 6.09 at lunch. I did not get up and run this morning!

LC Runs

Hi Ladies,

5.5 total miles today...3 on the TM this morning and 2.5 outside after work.  Got to drive in my first snow storm of the season today, fun stuff.  But, I got a 'new' car about a month ago (2011 Honda CRV) and it's 4WD, big difference from my previous vehicle.

Hi Judy - great weekend workouts for you!

Camille - our fall colors are gone, boo hoo.  Sounds like beautiful, scenic walks for you, though!

Ginny - great job with the run and weights!

Damaris - sorry about the race but glad it worked out and you had a good time!

Marjorie - safe travels!

Shadow - awesome weekend for you!  Enjoy the 5k tomorrow!

Hi Susan!

Sue - wow, I am tired just reading about your workouts, great job!

Tessa - ouch on the fall, glad you are okay.  Nice run today

Judy-men.. something's don't improve with age apparently.

Camille-no 100 for me unless pacing someone like I've done before or crewing.  Nice hikes for you.

Ginny-I do the upper body one day and the lower body on another day.  But I'm limited on time since I have to pick up kids at 6:45am then go straight to work.  Nice job.

Damaris-dd is loving the "cool" weather down there.  She's looking for side work doing social media if you know of any start-ups or small businesses that could use part-time help.  Apparently she is feeling a bit in a bubble and bored and wanting some additional challenges.  Enjoying it though.

Marjorie-great to hear your dh getting into it!

Shadow-thanks for the ultra suggestion!  I'll check out that site.  speed will never be my friend.  Just slow distance.

Susan-Come out and run with Katie and I on the 20th. We'll be doing the 17 mile loop on the Poto which is pretty much the trail for The Trail minus the furthest part of the loop.  I've done the 5 mile, half and 50k there.  Katie is doing it again this year but falls right around Leona Divide.  Definitely not my little Kaite.  LOL

Sue-nice ride and run weekend!

Tessa-this summer I'm getting her out there on the trails to strengthen her ankles for soccer.  but she's not there yet.

Laura-we were snowed on during our Saturday run but not ready for it yet.

SRD today for me.

Lisa

Lisa,

I'd love to run with you and Katie on the 20th but I have a meeting with my department chair at 1 pm and it would be a bit hard to explain why I wasn't there.  Sad

Docket_Rocket

I'll look, Lisa!  Tell her this weather is not normal.  We are loving it though.  It's like 5 years ago when we really got some cool weather.

5 miles and weights.  I had some issues during the run as the albuterol is giving me tachycardia.  I'll run without it tomorrow and see.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page