Womens Running

Race Weekend! (Dailies) (Read 24 times)

LC Runs

4 hours, 5 boxes of donations and 2 bags of garbage...DONE!!  Now, on to the rest of the house (at some point LOL).

Sandy - glad you had such a great run!!  Maybe my work stress will translate into some great running, it worked during my divorce lol!  Yes, he is a deer hunter.  I am going to admit I am disappointed because he took the entire week off of work and was going to 'camp' with his dad.  Last year I got SO much accomplished when he was gone, I painted and cleaned the entire kitchen.  Well, his dad backed out due to work conflicts so BF is hunting, but just here and there.  Ugh, I have a hard time getting anything done when he is home and he like NEVER goes away overnight.  I don't get it, I'm not that interesting to hang around with lol.  I shouldn't complain but its annoying, he's been in and out of the bedroom all afternoon and driving me NUTS!  Guess I can never retire !!

Karen - Awesome job today, glad you had a great race and a fun time!!

Damaris -  wowza, 18 on the TM  GREAT job!!

HuronHeart

Lizzie, so proud of you!  Great job!  All those early morning runs really paid off.  Glad your recovery is going well and you celebrated with cake!

Damaris, great race report!  So interesting. I thought Fiona was like a toddler, only performs when she feels like it.  Enjoyed your pics.  So fun to see what people look like.  After I retire I will have to post my pic so you can put a face with my name.

Karen, another great race report!  So happy for you and your running group.

Seloc, nice run.  Congrats to your nephew’s football team.  State champs is a big deal!

Kilmisters, your floorball games sound wild!  You must have a core of steel.

RTurtles, glad the sleepover went well, hope your recovery is also going well. 😃 Bet your daughter is a happy and tired girl today.

LCruns, nice run. Hope you enjoy your day to yourself.  Did your BF have any success hunting?  Opening day of rifle season is like a national holiday around here.

I was scheduled to meet RB for 8 miles this morning but cancelled after waking up with a stomach bug.  Quesy most of the day but feel fine now.  Lots of viruses going around the area.  Maybe the cold temps will kill off some of these germs.  Regarding a vehicle, I am not sure what I will end up witjn, the closest dealerships are Ford, GM, Chevy, Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge.  These are my options unless i want to drive more than an hour for service.  I did see some nice vehicles but wishing the mileage was better. I predict, with absolutely nothing to base it on, gas prices will be increasing.

Hello to everyone else.

HH-Kathy

Arimathea

Tessa

Yay Karen and Lizzie and Damaris and all the other racers! Nice work.

Wiped out. Dallas may be only 2 hours ahead but it makes a difference.

It's been cleaning weekend here. Ringworm (probably from the foster kittens): DD and I both have it and so do two of our adult cats. Antifungal cream all round. Gwen and Hrhiow are not happy about cream on their ears. DD is very unhappy about ringworm since she has a phobia about parasites. And the foster kit who died tested positive for panleuk, so the front bathroom has been scrubbed with bleach and hot soapy water and then sprayed with alcohol. We won't foster again until next year. That virus is very nasty and tenacious and it's usually fatal in young kittens.

Running: 4 each day in Dallas, 4 yesterday afternoon, and 6 this morning. Still on the fence about the 50K next Saturday.

LC Runs

Kathy - no luck yet, he is keeping a close eye on Wednesday's weather for opening day, looks like rain most of the day which is not good.  My kids have school off that day, which I never had since I grew up down in the Detroit area.  Ugh on the stomach bug, glad you are feeling better now!

Tessa - nice weekend running but so sorry about the ringworm, yikes!!

Here goes nothing at catching up with personals!

15.7 yesterday on the Poto trail with David and Katie like old times. Me leading us like usual.  13:17 overall pace for Poto not usual but I will take it thank you very much. Felt great!

Last night was a fun event with old college room-mate and new friends at a Veteran's Day event.  Was cocktail dress with small tours by museum director of the Yankee Air Museum. Really a nice event with great conversation and lots learned. One might even call it riveting.

6 more trail miles today in low 30's and rain. Came around a turn and stopped dead in my tracks.  Well not as good at it as this guy. had to climb over the tree to get around him. Kept saying "Oh my. I don't see any animal here. I'll just walk through the woods instead of the trail. Nope, no animal around here." No movement from it or reaction.  Sort of like that good looking lady I befriended last night at the event.

Turtles-I remember sleepovers.. you would think they would sleep late but nope.

Elina-So cool that DH brought K to watch you. woot for your endurance paying off! LOL on the part of the game your FIL caught on his phone.

Diane-cinnamon rolls... yum! Would be great if you could swing Houston for the 50k or 20 miler in January. How was the movie?

Laura-sorry about the work conflict and drama. Yeah for the good run though!

Damaris-ugh on the early wake up call from the cats! Too funny about Fiona the hippo and your husband. Love the pics! I just can't fathom 18 miles on a treadmill. Its been months since I've even done a single mile on one. More power to you girl!

Huron-the scavenger hunt sounds fun with the 80's theme. I'm sure that the prizes were really awesome too and worth fighting over... maybe a Walkman? Good luck on the car search.  Trail buddy is actually renting a car. She said that at $80/week with the 5th week free, insurance covered, all maintenance covered, and the ability to get a new car when she wants.. it makes more sense then leasing one. Pretty hilarious but the numbers work for her.

Kat-Christmas clothes for the pups? where are the pics?

Karen-it is still weird with the morning daylight but i know it won't last long. That sounds like one amazing pre-race pizza! Congrats on the awesome half! the pizza worked! "if you think you're going to throw up I'm happy"... you can already picture the look I'd be giving you, right? LOL But wtg on helping them finish strong.. did they actually throw up on you?

Lizzie-Yeah for the race feeling easy!!! And woohoo on crushing that goal and eating the cake!

Half Crazy-nice job on the 10!

Sandy-potato soup after a long cold run sounds about perfect! Nice miles for you! I don't like cooking bacon either. the way the house smells with the grease.. yuck.

Tessa-Ugh on the ringworm. Will be tough to run that 50k next Saturday from your spot on the fence. :-)

Miss you all!

Lisa

Big congratulations to our weekend racers!  Lizzie, you must be so stoked with crushing your goal and, even better, the course wasn't short!  Karen, sounds like a great race all around for you, with your sub-1:50 finish, AG award, and your running group's great performances.

I'm having a little pity party over here because my cold moved into my lungs and now I'm battling bronchitis.  And I tweaked my ribs from coughing so much.    No running last week or this upcoming week.  We'll see how things feel after that.  Can't wait to be healthy again and get back to running.

No energy for personals this weekend, sorry.  Just going to wave to everyone and go fix another cup of lemon honey tea.  

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Q for the ladies.

I am trying to post a pic of my poor pooch in her Christmas apparel.  Is there an easier way than the pinned post from 3 yrs ago??  I am on a Mac and having a helluva difficult time.   In the tiny.pic way my photo is sideways.  And it seem that the only other way is to have to post on FB and then copy it???

Admittedly, I am technologically challenged.

TIA

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024