Womens Running

(Over40) Fun with Fridays (Read 18 times)

Docket_Rocket

Oh, Marjorie....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

Judy - so sorry to hear about your DH (((hugs)))

Marjorie - where exactly is that part of the bay?? HAHAHAHAHAH 

Hi Tessa, Karen, Damaris, AnnieSusan, Camille, Ginny, Cindy, Crazy Sue!!!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Ha

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Leave it to me to find the typo...

7.12 on the TM at lunch. I won't get a very long run tomorrow b/c I have to leave at 9 AM for pick leader training for Food Forward then I am having my hair cut, but I hope to get a few miles in at least.

annieSusan

Judy, I wanted to let you know I am thinking of you. Hugs.

annieSusan

Sending more hugs to Judy.  I'm very sorry.

Hi to everyone else.  Lots of errands and running around today for the Western States aid station tomorrow.  Leaving for Auburn at 10:00.  Supposedly not too hot up there this weekend (i.e. 90 instead of 100+).

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Prayers needed for an on again/off again run buddy of mine who has had a relapse.  I've never encountered this first hand before.  We've talked when we've run about her journey and struggle with sobriety.  Instead of the gym I rerouted when I had text at 4:40 that she needed a ride. Rough morning but she has a rougher week ahead of her.  then of course work was a mad house.  self medicated with a big bowl of berries, a small scoop of ice cream and some Sanders hot fudge.

Judy- so sorry to hear about your dh.  Peace be with you both.

Marjorie-I'll join you on the dock.

Carol-do you swim in open water?

annieSusan-nice to see you!  good ride and hope your hills were alive.

Ginny-you are our super competitive person! have fun tomorrow and enjoy!

Karen-you're such a nerd comparing the different plans for your tempo run.  If it were me I would just call it a miracle run.  ha!  DD cracks me up when she tells me that she doesn't know the areas that well.  She goes to garage sales, she's lived in the general area for 5 years. She definitely knows where the fun restaurants are. The decidedly non-chain restaurants.

Sue-you are "sew" spoiled!  but deserve it.

Cindy-so what was the winning plan?

Damaris-yeah for the weekend.

Camille-yeah for you running!

Tessa- hope you had a good run!

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

I did indeed have a good run, thanks!

Lisa, prayers and support for your friend. You are a good person to respond to that text at that hour.

Thinking of Judy. That is an awful situation to be in, waiting for the inevitable to happen.

Lisa, thinking of your friend and you, for being here for her.  I hope you gave yourself an extra splash of hot fudge.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR