Womens Running

Fortitude Friday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Fortitude Friday because you all have it. Big grin

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thursday I was going to go back to my usual schedule. Coach and I did 35 minutes of track running, but then I found a long lost running buddy. It took him and me 30 minutes running to get caught up on our family news.

Today I think I’ll do some running at the track and then get groceries afterward. Or the reverse. More leaf raking this weekend I think.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Busy day at work with a "high touch" candidate.. not like Judy's creepy watchers though. LOL  If only everything else would slow down.

Judy-hope buddy wasn't lost out running. or maybe that would be lucky buddy!

Gatsby-I would have never thought I had issue with too much flexibility. sheesh. I do know that I've always had yoga teachers talk to me about not locking knees so must be something to it.

PT later on today then pack for an overnight visit to step son #2's house to see new baby. Might be snow in Alpena! Brr..

Lisa

Anonymous Guest

At the airport. No, not going to New York with all theother cool runners, not going to IMFL with all the cool triathletes, I'm going to Indianapolis! DH has been complaining lately that I run too much. Was really getting on my nerves. Then last night he was looking at his Garmin data and I asked how many hours he'd ridden in 2013. 380 or so. I looked at my log here. Hmm, have run about 330 hours for the year. Told him he needed to just stop with the "you run too much" crap. That felt good.

Good morning to all! Have a great time in NY Gatsby and Damaris!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Bikerchick1

Morning all!

Judy - glad you were able to catch up with a running buddy!  Have fun with the raking!

Lisa - Enjoy Alpena & new baby visit!  Hope there isn't snow Sad

Tessa - Not sure that it was postmarathon depression as much as postmarathon fatigue....Cry  Altho will admit to perusing some marathon training plans to "do it better" next (if ever) time...

Am I the only one that gets tired/cranky after marathon.....????  Feeling like a weenie.....

Gatsbybird - Enjoy NYC marathon!!!  Do you and your husband run together?

Damarias - I think you are doing NYC too?  Wow.....good luck

Marjorie - I am so hoping you recover soon!!!  I was just thinking about where all our posters have gone......

Going with DD today for her bridal gown fitting!

I have been doing the T25 CD's alternating with running days.  Am enjoying them....

Carol

Bikerchick1

Karen - We must have cross posted.  Enjoy Indianapolis Smile   Are you staying downtown?  Too funny about your DH....they do tend to get on your "last nerve" sometimes....Roll eyes   Good Luck on race!

Anonymous Guest

Carol, yep, looks like my hotel is less than a block to the start line. And no, you are not the only one - I was tired for two weeks after Mohawk Hudson, and I think I'm still cranky!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

the funny thing with this pain is it is only there if I try to run. Otherwise I feel totally fine 100% actually.  IDK.  Will just keep hoping.  If i run I look funny because of the SI not gliding right.

So no run today. I'm just trying to not push it still.

We went to dinner last night during trick or treat so we didn't have to pass out candy

Lisa have fun at PT. I'm glad it is working for you

Karen I think I'd be glad to not be going to NY.  Too many runners for that race Smile.  Interesting you haven't run as much as he has biked

Carol I guess people just get busy.  I looked over at RWOL  They sure aren't over there.  I'm not tired after a marathon but running does take a few days or weeks to get back to feeling normal again.  Maybe because I haven't been able to go all out at a race in so long that I haven't taxed myself.  Looks like this one won't be it either.  I was set for a low 4 something but I foresee a lot of walking so that will not happen for this race.

Marjorie

Have fun in NYC Gatsby and Damaris.. I'm sure that you'll just run into each other.

Karen-have fun in Indy!

Marjorie-sorry you've got the pains going.  PT did an assessment today and do see improvement in range and strength. Knee cap tracking correctly but not a lot of movement to it (moving it back and forth with hand). They said it all seems to be residual inflammation and scar tissue, nothing really strained at this point.  Would be nice though to have a no pain / discomfort day with that knee.

Tired. Going to bed.

Lisa