Womens Running

Up early weekendailies (Read 19 times)

Docket_Rocket

I ran 10 outside and they sucked today. I had 14 to run and I wanted to quit since mile 2. I had no energy today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Got the fall weather today, didn't help. 4 miles. I copied Garmin data into Google Sheets so I have it to show the doctor. Who knows if I'll really need to, but at least it shows some concreate data.

KatS, glad you got a better hotel room. I don't think it matters which day we go to Costco, it's always crowded You would think they are giving gas away, the gas station is always packed.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Got the fall weather today, didn't help. 4 miles. I copied Garmin data into Google Sheets so I have it to show the doctor. Who knows if I'll really need to, but at least it shows some concreate data.

KatS, glad you got a better hotel room. I don't think it matters which day we go to Costco, it's always crowded You would think they are giving gas away, the gas station is always packed.

I must have missed it somewhere. What's wrong? An injury?

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

I must have missed it somewhere. What's wrong? An injury?

Just super sluggish on basically every run. Over the summer, that's pretty normal, but as it's cooled off, it's gotten worse instead of better. My legs feel sort of crampy pretty much all day. So something is off, I just don't know what.

Docket_Rocket

Just super sluggish on basically every run. Over the summer, that's pretty normal, but as it's cooled off, it's gotten worse instead of better. My legs feel sort of crampy pretty much all day. So something is off, I just don't know what.

I had that leg feeling with my low Vit D. But also, when I ran all through the summer outside, I was tired all year long and cooler weather didn't help.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Sounds familiar. That is me the past couple years. Personally with me I think it's mental vs physical. I do have a heart issue they discovered a couple years ago but I don't think that's the cause. Unless it's the fear  associated with it. The "what ifs".

I hope you get answers soon.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

HCK, sorry things seem off kilter.  Hope you get it figured out soon.

Damaris, sorry for the crappy run.  Time for a rest day?

LC, have a nice visit with your mom!  Hope the photos turn out well.  At least they're done.

Karen, any local friends that you could mail the shoes to?  Or maybe not since you don't actually live there yet...

Kat, the food and drink in Spain look fabulous!  I was talking to someone at the airport who travels a lot and uses the at-home test kit with the online monitor.  He made it sound easy, but he'd done it a bunch, too.  Can you google PCR test sites in Madrid?  We booked ours online with a company called Randox and it went smoothly.  Not sure if they operate outside Ireland/UK, tho.

Kilmisters, yay for a successful race weekend in Lithuania.

Lori, nice HM!

5.2 miles this morning around my dad's house, followed by coffee and chores for dad.  I tried a pumpkin spice latte and BLECH.  It was gross, not for me, I couldn't even finish it.  Laundry and chores at home this afternoon.  Waiting impatiently for it to RAIN later today, yay.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

I had that leg feeling with my low Vit D. But also, when I ran all through the summer outside, I was tired all year long and cooler weather didn't help.

If it's low vitamin D, something else is going on. The last vit D reading I had was 78 and I was told to reduce how much supplement I was taking. I realized last week that I was back to taking 5000IU daily because I thought I bought 1000 IU instead of 2000 IU (plus my multi has 1000 IU I suspect it could be iron since I got gummy vitamins instead of my normal ones this summer (and 2 bottles since they were BOGO) and they have no iron.

GatsbyBird, do you normally drink black coffee or just with cream/milk? Since I stopped adding any sort of sweetner to my home coffee, the Starbucks drinks seem overly sweet.

GatsbyBird, do you normally drink black coffee or just with cream/milk? Since I stopped adding any sort of sweetner to my home coffee, the Starbucks drinks seem overly sweet.

Yes, I usually do coffee with milk or steamed milk in it, nothing sweet.  The pumpkin spice seemed way overdone... nutmeg, cinnamon, who knows what else, ick.  Maybe they just did a bad job making it at Peets but I'm never going to try another.  Why waste good coffee...

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

Yes, I usually do coffee with milk or steamed milk in it, nothing sweet.  The pumpkin spice seemed way overdone... nutmeg, cinnamon, who knows what else, ick.  Maybe they just did a bad job making it at Peets but I'm never going to try another.  Why waste good coffee...

We don't have a Peet's here,but the Starbucks PSL uses some sort of sweetened condensed milk flavoring. I get one of the non-dairly milks and they don't use the unsweetened ones, so everything is super sweet.