Womens Running

Wobbly Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Sometimes I wobble. Must get in some balance work this week.
    Post. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday I repeated the cardio DVD. The PF is improving. I was concerned it would flare up when I came back to work, but it is holding firm so far. I’m being cautious this week.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy - Hope you aren't too wobbly, don't want any falls!  Good that you do balance work.

Crazysue - Great job on the 10k!

Marjorie & Tessa - Sounds like you had a great timeBusy.

Run with RB yesterday.  Roads snow covered and slippery.  Taking a cutback week - have a half on Sunday..The Snowman...how appropriate.  It is a low key half, a few hundred runners, most people use it for a training run for spring marathons.

Hi to all!

Carol

ginnyb

Got about 3 inches of snow last night and it is still snowing.  Darn, the roads had just gotten snow and ice free and now we start all over again.  Yuck!

Did my WT this morning.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Snow expected here between noon and 5. I may go home at lunch and work from there this afternoon. Only 1-3 inches expected, but here, that's enough for PANIC. A little less than two months and I move to warm. I swear I tell myself that every morning on my walk to the office. Movers are coming next week to do an inventory to see just how much crap we have to move. And somehow between the movers and the car moving company, they have to decide which one is going to move the VW Thing. It came out here in the moving van, but that may have been because the company only paid for moving two cars and we had two other cars to move. This time I'll be driving my car down, so we'll only have DH's and the Thing. So much to do in the next few weeks....

I ran 4.something after work last night. Today will be a rest day from running, maybe an easy spin on the bike, maybe a total rest day.

I think I've convinced my sister to come to NYC for the marathon. Her 16 year old daughter has apparently been begging to go there since she's been about 7 years old. So she's thinking a plane ticket would be a good birthday present. They are kinda tight on money right now with one kid and college and one that will be headed there in a year and a half, so I told her I'd cover the hotel. Thinking we'll all run the 5K on Saturday. I'm excited, it should be fun.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6 miles tonight.  I forgot to say that hubby's PSA levels were normal so, although he still needs to check the nodule on his prostate, there does not seem to be evidence of cancer, yay.

Judy, hope the PF issues are gone for good soon.

Carol, nice run yesterday.

Ginny, hope you enjoyed your WT session.

Karen, hope it does not close the city.  Hope your niece can go to NY.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

camille2

Good morning!  It's gorgeous here and I'm planning 3-4 with a friend this afternoon. It's to help her scout a trail for our hiking group. I've done it several times, but not in a while. I'm getting over the cold. SIL is still off vent, out of ICU and doing great, considering.  The staff is calling her their miracle.   She may go to rehab or maybe home very soon if she keeps this up.

Judy, balance work is prob good for all of us.

Carol, good luck on the Snowman!

Ginny, you're doing great this winter.  I'm having trouble staying motivated. I wish races weren't so far away.

Karen, just a hint on NYC in case I forget later.  if your sis comes to cheer you on, make sure she has balloons or something very visible so that  you can spot her.  DD didn't get in the race, but came out as support crew and saw me only at mi 26 despite having prearranged spots.  It's so crowded.  She was a little frustrated about that, though we had a wonderful weekend there before the race.

Sue, I went to hear a Bonnie Hunter lecture yesterday.  She's in two towns here this week, but I couldn't get into either workshop. The lecture was great though.  Congrats on your race.

I finally got the award from the  Bull City race last fall.  It's a belt buckle. Not useful, but very nice and I didn't have to run an ultra to get it. : )

Good Morning!  5 miles this morning.  Nice and warm--just needed a ls shirt and shorts.  NO ONE was out this morning!  Checked the weather and it was 39F, but no wind.  I was comfortable.

Camille--glad to hear your sister is doing better.  Wow!  Bonnie Hunter!  Woohoo!! I went to one of her classes several years ago--"My Blue Heaven" workshop.  Did you make her mystery quilt this year?  I am about half way through it.  I have made several of her quilts.

Karen--yes, I would want to be home before the weather hits and every one freaks out.  It is warm in the South right now, c'mon down!

Have a great day!!

Arimathea

Tessa

Damaris, what a relief to hear PSA levels are normal! Hope the biopsy shows no issues.

Karen, we sold the MG thing...any thought of that? Hope the snow does not cause too many problems. Fun to have a cheering section for NYCM.

Judy, I have wobbly days too...but usually attributable to overindulgence in fermented beverages.

Carol, enjoy the snowman run. Bet you see a bunch of Olaf costumes.

Camille, great news for you too! Who is Bonnie Hunter? Quilt teacher?

Susan, from what you say I presume teacher/workshop leader/author.

Ginny, at least it's not November.

2.5 with RN this morning (Marjorie, she loved the shirt) then 4 on my own. And plans to run with GatsbyBird this evening, yay!

ginnyb

My eating has gotten out of control!  All I think about is my next meal....what the heck is the matter with me?  I usually have pretty good will power, but lately..............

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Tessa, you are just getting all the FEs lately! Enjoy the run with Gatsby. We talked about selling the Thing, but really all it needs is new brakes, and if we sell it, DH has been eyeing an Alfa Romeo 4C. Which are very cool looking, but way more expensive than brakes for the Thing! And the company will move it, it's just a question of which movers.

Ginny, my eating was out of control...until I got the flu. No appetite for almost two weeks - lost 3 pounds at least and am now down 4 for the year. It's tough, especially when it's cold out and you just want to sit under a blanket and read and snack. At least that's what I want to do. I am making an effort to increase my mileage by a little bit each time I go out (running or cycling), hoping that I can burn a few extra calories and my appetite won't notice. And I'm trying to eat less while at work - that one is hard!

Damaris, good news on hubby!!!

camille, good suggestions. Knowing my sister and niece, they probably won't make it out to much of the marathon.....sleeping in, shopping, etc. will probably win out. I'm just glad they'll be there to hang out with before and after, especially if the other girls here don't get in and aren't there to play with. We're not very good spectators in my family anyway - we have that stoic German thing going and being upbeat, cheerful and loud for hours on end is hard. Glad SIL is doing better.

Crazysue, I'm coming down soon! I keep checking the weather to see whether to get out of here or not, then I click on the forecast for Spring, TX, and I sigh.

Speaking of, DH just called with a question about money for the down payment and casually mentioned that he talked to the builder and we have dates for a final walk-through and closing. Last week of February. Like 5 short weeks from now!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Judy-good to hear your PF is getting better.

Carol-good name for the half... are you running the top half or the bottom half?  LOL

Ginny-How is your protein intake?  maybe up that?

Karen-that's neat that sis will go to NYC too!

Damaris-that is good news.  are you going to name the nodule like Karen's dh did his?

Camille-exploring new trails would be fun!  so would gorgeous weather. We are in a snow globe which is gorgeous if you don't have to drive in it.

Sue-why wasn't anyone out?  cold for them?

Tessa-have fun with Gatsby!

Did my lower body/ab weight workout this morning and ran a mile on tm at prescribed 129 heart rate.  No issues with the "two week test" for Maffetone method so far and no feeling different.  Am enjoying putting heavy cream in my coffee and eating no sugar added peanut butter.  I could do no carbs pretty easily to be honest.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Super busy day and doing training with many groups.

Tessa so glad she liked that shirt. Did DS get any of the Charleston Chews?  Or did you keep them?

karen you think panic there for some snow, ha.  In the south omg it is exponentially worse

waves

Marjorie