Womens Running

Somewhere in Tuesday (over 40) (Read 17 times)

This weekend at my fav old time theater they will be showing Somewhere in Time.  Curious....is this a movie that has affection for it outside of Michigan?  Being all filmed on Mackinac Island we sort of feel like it is ours so not sure.

Karen-you can help me find a suitable trail race near there too.  Not one that is known for being 100 miles or for being in 110 degrees.

Tessa-we always knew you had a lot of class.   Being wet didn't help the bags I'm sure.

Carol-we have a choice... now it's Tuesday.  sounds like the race will live up to its name!  Rugged Man was more fun.  Beach Man sounds even better.

Off to the gym!  We have a balmy 17, feels like 10...lip balm that is.

Lisa

ginnyb

Lisa...Somewhere in Time is one of my all time favorites!!!

Carol....supposed to be frigid here this weekend too.  I think they are predicting the High temp on Sunday as 5 degrees!  I am so over it!  I would probably not run the Half myself, but ask Karen and she will probably say Go for it, LOL!

Lazy this morning, did not wake up until 5 and since it takes me at least a half an hour these days to wake up this body, I did not make it to the gym.  Funny, in my younger years of running I would jump out of bed, into my running clothes and out the door!  Now, it can't be done.  I have more aches and pains and creaky joints first thing anymore....oh well, I am still moving.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lisa, I seem to recall that a church down here owned the island for a short while many years ago. Or would they have bought rights to use it or something similar? It was Rex Humbard's Cathedral of Tomorrow.

Monday I did a 15 minute run and 35 minutes of cardio DVD.

Today will probably be a TM run with some cardio dvd tacked onto the end. A few hand weights moves this morning before work. The problem with being 72 years old is that you have to keep everything up or you lose it quickly. Dang!

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

3 on the TM - looks like another week of frigid temps

Lisa - I love that movie, not sure if it's just a Michigan thing though

Ginny - I think I move a little bit slower each year, too.  At least in the morning lol!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates, 6 miles, and weights (if I have time).  I am exhausted as Trixie (one of my kitties) keeps retching in the middle of the night from a natural cleaner we used on the bed.  I have cleaned and re-cleaned to no avail.  Sigh.

The bankruptcy class went well.  I like teaching; too bad asking for permission to do that here is worse than giving birth.

Lisa, I have never heard of the movie.  Enjoy the gym.

Ginny, lazy is sometimes good.

Judy, enjoy the TM and the cardio workouts.

LC Runs, nice 3.

Damaris

Good Morning!  Swam this morning and shoulder was ok.  Yay!!  Yesterday I was in a crappy mood.  This morning BF had breakfast and coffee waiting when I returned from the pool.  He's a keeper!

Planning to run after work.

Retirement seminar today. Hope I can stay awake.

Anonymous Guest

I came in about 1/2 hour late this morning. It was cold and dark and the roads were wet and I was worried about ice, especially on the driveway (and I needed to take the trash and recycling out as well). And walking in from the train, it was cold and windy and I started thinking about running 11 miles tonight in the cold and dark and wind. So I decided to put 2 hours of leave on the calendar and get out of here early to go run. I just don't feel like being here anyway, so I'm leaving early and will run in the cold and daylight and wind. That's gotta be better.

Lisa, there is also a Rocky Raccoon 50 miler. And lots of other trail racing in the area. I've mostly been looking at road races, but I'm sure we can find some trails.

Ginny, I slept in and was lazy as well. Didn't get up until 6:40 or so. In my younger days I didn't jump out of bed for anything, so it's hard for me to compare......but I do feel like I need to "warm up" a little before I can really get going.

Judy, way to keep up with everything. You are an inspiration to many of us.

Laura, spring is coming. Heck, we're almost half way through February already.

Damaris, poor Trixie. And poor you! Your workout schedule is impressive, as always. Where I would choose running or Pilates or some other form of XT, you do them all!

Susan, glad the shoulder is better. And way to go BF! He is a keeper.

Just one more month of winter for me, just one more month of winter for me. I think I'll take a break from the PPTs I am working on today to do some office cleaning. The guy that is taking my office when I leave (he really wants a window) is starting to tease me about all the paperwork and crap in here I need to get through before I go and he moves in.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

camille2

Carol, I'm glad you're feeling better.  Snowshoeing is a great workout. I'm glad your hubby likes it. That 5 k wasn't meant to happen. I got calls about my mom during night and couldn't have gotten up that morning anyway.

Lisa, I don't know that movie, but I'm not a movie buff.  I read a review and it sounds a bit happier than than the ones out now.   A couple weeks ago, a friend came out of American Sniper crying about the same time my friend and I came out of Unbroken saying, "What is wrong with people?!" Good movies, but not entertaining.  It's exciting that you're looking for trail runs other places.  Did you check out Mystery Mountain?

Cindy, speaking of movies and books, I didn't read 50 Shades and am not interested in the movie. I don't know anyone who thought the book was very good, though SIL said it was "pretty good if you skipped parts." I think they must have had a great ad team for it to sell so many copies.  I would recommend The Imitation Game. Really good. I hope your knee is OK.

Marjorie, Demaris and Karen, I'm glad pilates is worth the torture.  : )  I'll bet  you have strong cores.

Karen, that's too funny about the relay and the temps. Sorry!  I hope you get to wait in a nice warm car while they run their legs.

Ginny, I meant to give you a shout out for that 10 mi treadmill run.  That takes grit.

Laura, you are still so consistent, even with your long work days.  Good job!

Tessa, I'm glad the volunteering went OK and that the rain held off.  I'd rather have snow than 30's and rain.

Sue, your guy does seem like a keeper!

I used the bike at the gym and did core yesterday.  I'm planning  5 this afternoon on the short trails here using my Hoka clown shoes.  I'll have to be careful not to face plant  on the roots.  : )

So we have Somewhere in Time and euchre to test people as to if they are Midwesterners apparently.

It's a very lovely, romance that spans time and is set in Mackinac Island's Grand Hotel with a young Jane Seymour and Christopher Reeve, also Christopher Plummer.

Camille-don't trip on your shoes!  They do look like clown shoes but many of the ultra runners love them.

Karen-timing is always the tough part for the Houston trail races but I'll also keep an eye on them.  I don't think I have another 50 miler in me.  50k yes but not 50 mile.  Training is too tough.

Sue-are you retiring?

Damaris-yuck!

Laura-as long as we keep moving we're still good.

Ginny-tomorrow is another day...

3.5 on tm this morning keeping HR where it's supposed to be.  Funny how now I am feeling the difference when I add too much carbs back.  Had half banana in the morning yesterday and stomach felt so bloated.  Later had plain yogurt with berries and a little honey in it and thought I was pregnant.  Stomach felt so bloated and distended.  Today had protein first and no banana.  did have the yogurt but only with berries and chopped walnuts-which was actually very good!  I'm still getting carbs since there are some in the nuts, veggies, nut butter, etc. that I've had.  Surprised me to feel so badly yesterday and made me wonder if that was how I was feeling all of the time otherwise.

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, bad timing for the taxes, it sounds like. Sorry.

Good idea to take some leave and go for a run. What are they going to do, fire you?

Camille, I love the Hokas, clown shoes or not.

Lisa, I will need to know what you want to eat...can work with dietary restrictions if I have a shopping list. Also do we need to buy a coffee machine? I do not drink coffee and therefore do not have one.

I have never seen Somewhere in Time, but I'm not a big movie fan.

Ginny, it can be hard to get out of bed.

Laura, sorry about the frigid temps.

Cindy, no, I didn't read the Shades of Grey books, I read about 2 pages at the store and decided it was too badly written to be worth it...and I think I'd handle a library copy of that particular book with gloves on. Eeew.

Damaris, you have to get permission to teach? My company knows I do it all the time and they are OK with it. Poor sickie Trixie.

Susan, he's definitely a keeper!

4 this morning with RN and that's all. Meeting today. Class this evening, the first of the law classes. And lots of people signed up for this one!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

5.1 intervals. Crampy hamstring interfered a bit but I got them done.

Lisa I loved that movie

Ginny we are back to cold too. It was so warm these last two days but today is overcast and windy

D glad the teaching went well

Tessa I didn't read Shades of Grey books either.  Didn't see the point

Marjorie

ginnyb

I haven't read the Shades of Gray books either, but we can't keep them on the shelves at the library!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Lisa--probably not retiring until 62.  The HR folks finally realized that when you are ready to retire (they used to limit retirement seminar attendance to employees who would retire w/in 5 years) it is too late to start planning.  Now they try to offer these planning seminars to everyone, so they can understand how to plan, plan early and make it work for them.  And you hear/understand something new every time.  The speaker this time is THE PERSON for those of us with prior military service who need help with computations.

OMG---my coach sent the 12 week plan for IMTX!!!  Wow.  Please be my sounding board through May 16.  Get ready for lots of whining and crying.  Wink  It's all good.