Busy Thursday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. We are more settled today.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ginny, I completely understand. Extra weight keeps people from improving their situations. Are you still planning on retiring?

Wednesday I was able to get in a strong 35 minutes of running. It’s such fun to have a change in songs on my nano. Oh, I just heard yesterday that there was a "butt patting" incident at our gym. Old man "patting" younger woman. Hope it was reported. Geeze!

Today should be another track run.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

Okay, how does one develop knee pain instantaneously?  One minute I am fine and the next I am going down steps and in pain!  Now I can't bend knee without pain!  Doesn't hurt when walking, just bending. Guess I shouldn't run huh?  Darn it!  I need a long run this weekend.

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I just finished my Pilates class and I have 6 miles tonight.  Ended up doing 5 miles with hubby last night with a tough core workout afterwards.

Judy, hope it got reported and action is taken (at least a warning).  That should not be tolerated.

Marjorie, yeah, me too. I went back to afternoon runs when the dewpoint is less than 76DP mostly because otherwise, apart from melting, I would not be able to breathe.  It has been bad but at least August has not been as bad as it has been before.  But, August is young!

Ginny, ouch!  Not sure, but I have had knee pain after runs that seem to come out of nowhere.  Hope yours is minor.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2 today. Got it done early. New furniture delivered today. They were supposed to be here betwee 1015 to1215.  The got here at 930. That never happens.

Glad more settled today Judy

Cindy I don't do gels. But, Then with my stomach I have to be careful. I can do chomps if I feel I need them but usually don't take them until much later in the race.

Ginny maybe you  slept with it in a bad position?

Marjorie

camille2

Marjorie,  autocorrect got you this morning! I'm sure you meant gels, not girls. the laugh started the day off right though.

I'm just going for a quick run this a m. then take care of some business, then try fishing again. work always takes longer than expected-thought I'd be out of here yesterday afternoon.

Have a great day everyone!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I hate auto correct

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Never made it here yesterday - I was just exhausted after work. Yesterday's committee meeting was much less contentious than Tuesday's committee meeting, so while a better experience, they also made more decisions which means a lot more work on my plate. Now working on my least favorite thing of this job, meeting minutes. There are so many rules about what you can and can't say, how to say what you can say, and don't get me started on all the little details of en dashes vs em dashes, the exact way to write each company name, how things are ordered, headers and footers, etc etc etc. I will probably only have four pages for each meeting by the time I'm done, but it will take me a solid day or more to get it done right. Then it has to go to the lawyer and my boss for review, then all the corrections.......yuck all around.

Anyway, I ran 6 very slow, very easy miles last night. Today I have 12 with 8 at MP on the schedule. Why does marathon pace seem so hard during training? The thought of 8 miles in a row at 8 min/mile is daunting, to say the least. Luckily a front from Canada apparently came through and knocked the humidity down for the next couple of days, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Cindy, I do a gel every 4-5 miles in a marathon. If it's a race I am trying to PR at, I will look at aid station locations ahead of time and determine exactly where I'm going to take each one (1/4 to 1/2 mile before a water stop). Water at the aid station immediately following the gu, then at the aid stations between the gu I'll either run through, take water or gatorade depending on how I feel. I rarely take other food offered on the course (fruit, gummy bears, etc.). Now in an ultra I'm the opposite. I try to get more real food and I usually end up taking less gels.

Judy, a butt patting incident? That's awful!

Ginny, that's strange. I sometimes get knee pain going down stairs, but nothing severe. Sorry I'm not any help.

Damaris, nice workouts.

Marjorie, the delivery guys were early???? Wow, that is amazing. I'm excited about the new furniture we plan on getting when we move. Not so excited about all the various deliveries and service appointments with "windows" I have to wait around for.

camille, enjoy the day. Good to get the run in beforehand if work can take longer than expected. I have totally gotten used to my exact hours of being in the office. Twice this week I've left late and had to stress out a bit about getting my run done. Okay, once it was only 15 minutes, but that is apparently enough time for me to start stressing!

Okay, back to minutes.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Oh, autocorrect.  I love it when it changed kitties into titties and my husband almost got a laughing attack when I said to check on the titties when he got home.

Marjorie, nice 10ish.  Arranging new furniture is XT.

Camille, hope the run went well and enjoy the fishing.

Karen, if you are doing it right, yes, it will feel hard because of you being tired from the training.  You'll nail it on race day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hi!  Rode yesterday after work and then ran this morning. Sad  Not enough recovery time for me.  I know better.

Judy:  Butt pat=knee in groin or right hook to the jaw.  It would only happen once.

Leaving early to go to the commissary.  Out of EVERYTHING!!  I have been gone so much I haven't been grocery shopping in a month!  Taking tomorrow off for a sew day.  I need one.  Big swim workout in the morning too.

Y'all have a great day!!

Oh, autocorrect.  I love it when it changed kitties into titties and my husband almost got a laughing attack when I said to check on the titties when he got home.

Oh my this made me LOL.  Good night everyone!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR