Womens Running

What the Wednesday (dailies) (Read 18 times)

I started one! Yeah me!

Now off to the gym... Have a good day ladies!

Lisa

LC Runs

Hi Lisa, thanks for starting us off!!

4.2 for me this morning, still humid but a bit cooler than yesterday and I left a few minutes earlier.

Just work today, bleh

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

9.2 for me.

Yuck. Run was good but ugh, hot. Pit stop in the middle again - when its super humid like this it upsets my stomach for the entire morning.

Slept better last night but I had help Smile I also had to sleep in the guestroom because Ruger was snoring so loud!! I think I have to start shutting the door when I go to bed. He has been coming to bed with me lately and snores right in my ear.

Just another day in paradise over here....was daydreaming of a vacation on my run this morning.

Run4kupcakes – Nice job on the 7! To be honest, this morning wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Laura – cornbread casserole?! I NEED IT. I LOVE cornbread! OMG I feel so bad for your BF! I would be grouchy too if I had to work outside. Yikes.

Lisa – Wow, nice job on the 31 miles! I always see you and others posting about Fat Ass events but I guess I never realized they put on free training runs? With aid stations? That is pretty awesome. Hope you have a good workout!

Happy Wednesday! At least we are halfway!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Made it to body pump.

Hi Lisa!

Lizzie--great job on the 9+ this morning!

Yes, DH likes to cook.  He is much more into cooking than I am sometimes, so I just let him go and I go sew, knit or do chores. Wink  I do all the baking.

I think I may WFH for the afternoon.  I want to go to knitting tonight, and Skye has been quite clingy. While I was at the Y this morning, she took my wallet, checkbook, and toiletry bag out of my purse and carried them to the living room.  She opened the hand sanitizer and I think that is where she lost interest.  Thank goodness she didn't eat my credit cards!  Or my CAC !!!  I wouldn't be able to get into the office or use my laptop.  Whew. Maybe if we hang out this afternoon, she won't freak out if I go to knitting for two hours.

Piriformis is still sore.  I think sitting at the desk all day does not help.  I have a stand up desk, I just need to remember to pull it up. 

Have a great day!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Not saying Karen wants to kill me, but I have 9 with 2 easy, 2 @ MP, 2 @ HMP, 2 @ MP, and 1 coolback mile without breaks.  I can see the martinis flowing out of the kitchen after that. Wink

Lisa, yay you!

Laura, nice run.  Glad it's less humid there.

Liz, nice run.

Susan, ha.  I wonder if she had a plan or was just winging it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

What the what?    About 8.25 mi this morning with 3x1 mile at threshold pace (aimed for around 8:15 min/mi) with a whopping 1 minute of recovery, followed by 8x200m intervals with 200m recoveries, aiming for around 7:30 min/mi  Or anything faster than 8:15.    I guess the good news is that the heat advisory doesn't start until tomorrow!    It was still warm enough, 74 with 70 dewpoint before 5 AM.  It was odd running in the dark again.  We are heading to heat indexes over 100!  Woohoo!    The kids have tennis camp for a couple of weeks, I feel bad for them out on the sunny tennis courts in the heat in the afternoon.  At least the instructor gives them a lot of water breaks!

Yay, Lisa!    That sounds like a really "fun" weekend.    Well, the burger/beer and lounging sounds good anyway.  

Laura, you run some nice paces.  I would love to see how you do with marathon training.  

Lizzie, nice running lately!  LOL on Ruger's snoring.  I take a dual spectrum melatonin almost every night.  I wake up very hot though, which I am guessing is an "old lady" thing.    I have that issue with things bouncing around in my head though.  I do this visualization thing, I imagine all the things bothering me going into a box, the box is clear so I can see the things swirling inside, I close the box.  The box is on top of a hill and it's sunny and cool.  I imagine myself walking away from the box.  Sounds weird, but it works for me.     You have a lot going on, I can understand the anxiety!  But these are good things coming up, and it will all work out.  And even if the wedding or house aren't absolutely perfect, they will still be AWESOME!  

Sue, nice job making it to body pump!  It sounds like Skye could have done some real damage. 

Damaris, wow, that sounds like an awesome workout.  Good luck with that. 

Kupcakes, nice 7!

Kat, only 75 dewpoint?  Chilly!  

Karen, hope DH's colonoscopy goes well and the prep was tolerable.  For both of you.    Sorry that the cabin didn't work out, but something closer makes sense.

Cathy

Bikerchick1

Lisa - Yay you!!!!  Hope you enjoyed the gym Smile

Laura - Nice to get out before the heat/humidity starts for us!

Liz - Nice Run for you!  What’s up with your house lately?

Crazysue - Would have loved to seeon video Skye stealing all that stuff!  We were bodypump twins today!

Damarias - Whoa, that Karen is a taskmaster...LOL

Cathy - Nice runs for you, too!  I am not looking for the high heat and humidity starting tomorrow!

Body pump for me this morning, then meeting RB for a quick jaunt thru the forest this afternoon.  It is going to be hot, but will feel cooler back in the forest with the shade.

Carol

Docket_Rocket

Damarias - Whoa, that Karen is a torturer taskmaster...LOL

I agree! Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bikerchick1

Damarias - 

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Susan – Woohoo on Body Pump! Aw, Skye! Glad she didn’t eat anything she wasn’t supposed to. That situation could have been a lot worse! I haven’t heard much about your crazy boss lately – is she cooling down? Hopefully she is too busy to bother you 😊

Docket – Karen does want to kill you. Too bad you can’t have the martinis before 😉

Cathy – Nice JOB on your run this morning. Ugh, that sounds so awful. You did so well though! Especially in that weather. Are you noticing that it is staying darker longer, too? I like it 😊 Aw, how cool about the tennis camp. I did that when I was their age – my instructor was REALLY hot! 😊 I don’t think I noticed the heat as much when I was a kid. Waking up hot may not be an “old lady” thing! I wake up hot and sweating ALL the time! Sometimes I think I am hungry and my blood sugar drops in my sleep. But, in this weather I can’t really blame anything other than its really hot outside. One plus about the house – two heat pumps!! LOL. Hmm, going to try the visualization thing tonight. I am willing to try anything. I started my period too this week and the hormones may have something to do with it.  😊

Carol – Nice job with Body Pump! You and Susan! I am going tomorrow 😊 Have a good run this afternoon! We are still in the drawing phase with the house. We got the exterior drawings but had some changes to make. Its going to take another week or two to get them finalized.Then, off to the estimator. That will really determine if we can afford this house. We aren’t “fully” committed yet..we are waiting for that final estimate! Keeping our fingers crossed.

Slow morning means busy afternoon full of emergency calls. Lots of severe weather in the area causing problems!

Have a good afternoon/evening everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Not sure if the martinis pre run might help or make me fall off...

INKnBURN had some custom tanks available so I made one for me and I think I now have my Chicago outfit (with the visor):

Damaris

Fundraising Page

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Hi  all.  I'm on vacation. I'm in Lisa  country. I'm splurging today on wifi.  Forgive me for typos as I've had a few too many Rain In Blood beer. Omfg. my new favourite beer. For now.

Anyway. I'm not running much as I've quit. Lol.  I am however going to try to get to her local group's nighttime long run Friday night since it's not too far from my brother's in laws cottage. Hubby won't go though. Boo. So obviously that may stop me since... you know. .... he's more introverted than me.

Damaris.  We've friends in fort Meyer . I'm considering their half in February. Would you consider?

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

I don’t think I’ll be here in feb but if I am sure!!

Damaris

Fundraising Page