Womens Running

TGIF (dailies) (Read 19 times)

Seloc

Tessa - oh how I love your kitten stories!  How do you decide on the letter you will start their names?

Carol - correct.  I usually run sans watch.  Have kinda come full circle.  Garmin didn't exist when I started running and I never even tracked mileage.  Then started tracking on paper, then to Excels on PC (Elina, you may like the fact I used formulas to automatically calculate pace for each run haha), then gadgets (all sorts of gadgets) and now back to nothing.  Stopped tracking when I started slowing down.  Kept me from being too serious and getting disappointed.  Meh.  Different strokes for different folks!  Great job on the hike - sounds harrrrrrrrrrrrd!!

Damaris - oh no!  I'm so sorry!  Sure hope the knee didn't get knocked.  I somehow missed your earlier post - clearly you are working today.  Bummer.  Hope you get to Pilates and have a great 7.

Elina - ahhhhhhhhhhh beeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrr.  Hooray for productive day.  Enjoy the evening!!

Lisa - good luck this weekend!  Stay cool!

Kat - awww, draaaag the purse is still MIA.  Hope they have their shit together now and it's on it's way!  Hey, I'm boring, too and I always like hearing from ya   As for the FOB - no idea.  My Jeep is a 2001.  When it finally dies (hopefully I get another 5 years) I will be CLUELESS when it comes to all the new car gadgets!  I still have a CD player (and yes, I still carry CDs to play) haha.  So now you work through August?  I'm confused.  Bummer the Austin gig is so shady and weird.  Have fun at Sat eve dinner!

Cathy - nice workout this morning!  Nice job getting it in before this nasty weather gets there.  It's already 89* with a dewpoint of 69*.  I'm afraid I may melt when I go outside!  Awwww fun you played some volleyball last night.  Safe travels to Chicago!

Karen - "late" dinner yesterday was about 6:30 haha.  I know, I know, gramma is weird.  I'm usually starving when I get home from work and eat about 5pm.  Which means I haven't eaten in about 12 hours when I run the next morning.  Probably not ideal.  Okay, 68* IS a bit chilly just sitting around working, I guess.  I've bumped it up to 73*  I read up on Goliath and it does look good!  Debating buying myself either a Roku Express or Fire TV stick so I can stream to my TV.  I only have a Chromecast and that doesn't work with Prime.  Otherwise it's laptop or phone.  Decisions decisions and clearly a first world problem ha!

Slowwwwwwwwwwwwww day of work.  And now I'm delaying heading out to find food for lunch.  But must brave the elements as there are zero provisions in the abode and I'm about to chew off my left arm.  Later, peeps!!

Anonymous Guest

I decided after posting to drive over to the park where they have big trees and therefore shade and just run a few easy miles. I ended up with 6, which is more than I thought I'd do in this heat.

Karen,

My thoughts precisely. Will try even splits. Emphasis on ''try'' Big grin

The hardest part is figuring out what that pace is. This is going to sound really weird coming from me, but if you can just go by feel and not look at your watch, your body knows better than your head what that pace is in any situation. Too many times I'll go out too hard because I "should" be able to run that pace, no matter that it's hot and humid or I'm older and slower. My last 10K where I forgot my Garmin was incredibly even paced (I had my phone in my pocket so couldn't see pace until finished), where the one before was awful because it was unusually humid and I wasn't used to it yet, plus it started downtown so the buildings were messing with the signal, so I went out too fast because in my mind I should have been able to run that pace.

Cathy, good luck to DD tomorrow! And have fun with your dad.

Carol, that hike sounds hard. Probably for the best DH couldn't make it......

Damaris, gah! Glad insurance is on top of it quickly, but gah. Not what you need to deal with.

Tessa, love the kitten update.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Seloc

Dang, Karen, awesome run!  I'm going to channel you in the morning while I'm slogging along.  If Karen can do it gosh darn it Ima gonna too!!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Very tense in here today. Mammel hasn't said a word. Hey, I like it that way. I am sooooo ready for the weekend. Managed to go to the store during lunch and get burgers and some salmon! Dinner for tonight and tomorrow. Smile

Sandy – Nice workout this morning! You will probably be sore tomorrow. Smile Pizza and beer is a very nice carbo load combination WinkCleaning gutters doesn’t sound like fun – but the brewery after does! I did 13 last week..so I was going for 15 – but since the weather was nice I added an extra mile in there Smile I like to add 2 miles each week to the LR. I don’t think I am going to go above 16 while I am not officially in training though. So, maybe 16 next week too. Thank you for giving me one of the GU! I was hoping they would work out haha. Just..thick..and blah. That’s what she said. LOL at that quote!!! Okay, HCF will like that too. Oh, sometimes HCF puts the temp at 70 while we are gone at work and then forgets to put it back down..oh you know I get upstairs and can tell right away! When I first read that you were running naked..I thought maybe you meant naked naked. LOL. Watch Goliath! I promise its awesome. Good luck grocery shopping!

Kilmisers – Have a great weekend! You deserve all the sleep, beer, soccer and running you can get!

Kathryn – Wow, I can’t believe you havent gotten your purse yet!!! UGGGHHH. YES! I have a keyless car fob and it has done that to me before!! And you know what? I got that same alert on my screen – telling me the key battery was low..but it wasn’t my fob..it was the actual car battery. I kept trying to change the battery in the FOB!!  So weird and crazy. Understand the “f it” attitude. We don’t care if what you have to say is exciting..we just like hearing from you, silly. Wedding date…not yet! I want to make sure the venue has it before we announce anything.

Cathy – Nice run this morning! Oh yes, I have no doubt that mammel will NOT change. I have to get out of here. Geez, I have been trying forecver! OMG they didn’t even put it in the fridge?!?!? Uhm, I am assuming there was MOLD on it! Ew.  Have a great time this weekend in Chicago! Good luck to DD! Can’t wait to hear how she did!

Karen – Yikes, I hope you feel better! Look at you going for a run anyway Smile  78?!?! NO. How do you sleep?! LOL. I can’t wait for Goliath this weekend! Are you meeting any baby runners tomorrow?

Carol – Nice job on the hike!! Are you still sore? Wink

Docket – I saw your post on FB about getting rear ended! So sorry!! Are you feeling okay?

Tessa – 80?!?! WHAT?! I couldn’t do that!!! I can get used to 70-72…but anything above that im sweating. BUT…you also don’t get the humidity like we do..I bet that makes a difference. AWWW poor kitties and their caked poop! I love the names..Domino sounds like a cutie Smile

Have a great afternoon everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Sandy, I will be doing independent contractor work. I bid on shifts and hope they pick me.   My FT gig still ends in 2 weeks.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

TGIF!!!  I'm in Tampa this week for a class.  I'm evaluating the instruction team.  Going well. Fly home tomorrow.

DF's boat broke, (workGooding winch broke) so they had to return to home for repairs.  He won't be going back out to sea.  Too bad he is home tonight and I am not.

Lizzie---YAY!!  Glad you told Mammel off!!! Good for you!

Catch y'all later

Half Crazy K 2.0

TGIF for sure. Got off work early again today, yay for being a a school when no kids are around! 7 miles.

Seloc, my car is a 2014 and has a CD player. On the older stuff topic, someone was cleaning out a cabinet today at work & found 2 Polaroid cameras. Not sure how old they are, but the tag on them had the old name for my work--it changed in 1990!

KatS, I can't believe you still don't have your purse!

Arimathea

Tessa

Sandy, I also carry a ton of CDs in my car. I know we can put music on electronic devices, but I like owning a physical copy. I don't have to buy it again if I get a new phone!

How do we pick the letter? Sometimes we are told what letter to use, or the kittens are already named. With the J group we knew we were likely to keep one and J was the letter for the next cat. With this group, D, I told the SNPLA person to pick a letter and she chose D.

Kittens are now allowed the run of the kitchen when they are let out and they are having a wonderful time exploring. Some noises are scary -- dishwasher, garbage disposal, mixer, range hood fan -- but they are getting used to the various things one hears in a house.