Womens Running

Tequila Tuesdays (DAILIES) (Read 21 times)

Kilmisters

Lizzie, great news about HCBF, fingers crossed! If they do get the account, is it 100% that HCBF will be the, uhm, owner/manager of the project? That's crazy about the ice... How big was the loop(s) you had to take? 8mi is quite a distance for running the same streets. Not as bad as TM, of course Big grin I have a feeling you'll get your chance at work soon; especially if you're ready to take a downgrade for sake of future development.

Margaret, perfect pic - the combo of bird staring and words ''Train. Analyze. Improve'' below! Smile Motivating Big grin

Margaret, Tessa; thanks for weather summary! Sounds like rain causes as much panic in Californians as the first (proper, as in 2+inches) snow in Latvians.

Karen, poor Riley! Altho the mental image of him, being, well, huge and all, in your lap... Makes me smile.

Sandy, yes, that's the thing - no feedback whatsoever is tough... I'll just ask her on Thursday. We won't have lots of time during that 1on1 meeting, but I will anyway. The main thing is to phrase it so that it doesn't sound like a) I just want a pat on the back b) am doubting myself. That's so cool about Minny and SB! And don't worry - gramma will get back in shape in no time; I think none of us is at our peak after all the holiday eating/drinking Smile

Ginny, that's so sad about Beau... But, happy anniversary!

Tessa, interesting about the joints not returning back to normal... Not that they were in a good condition before K... Time will show. And I've heard similar story about vodka/water from my friend... Like...  The poor guy actually threw up after taking a big sip from a ''water bottle''. How can you fail to notice the SMELL!?

Damaris, yes, destroying vodka (or beer) is about as awful of a threat as it can get... Will certainly use it in future! Big grin

LC, glad to see that outside miles cheered you up! Fresh air always does that Smile

Another productive day at work; I think the record of most emails sent per day was set; if not - it was close. It's not getting out of control yet, but I cannot believe it's only Tuesday. And yes - more signs of LIDL coming to Latvia. An inevitable market ''earthquake'' is coming. Have to stock some herbal teas in advance Big grin Tomorrow will be fully dedicated to Thursday meeting preparation. It's at 9am. Ugh. This totally-not-a-morning-person [which boss is perfectly aware of] will make a statement, arriving in hoodie and w cup of hot chocolate Big grin Smile

Heading to practice... We will most probably practice w/o coach as his wife is expected to give birth today! So cute Smile

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Ginny, I'm sorry about Beau.  Hugs. Sad

Cathy, hoping the foot feels better.

Margaret, hiya and thanks!

Kathryn, sore from a great race is good. Smile  I might buy the finish line pic, but not the ones that make me look like a zombie. There were several!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Congrats on the productive day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Oh Ginny, I'm so sorry about Beau. Hugs to you and your DH.

Damaris, I felt awful for you during your race, but I may have laughed out loud at that first picture.......sorry, not sorry. I am waffling on what to wear Sunday - I'd probably stick with singlet and arm warmers for the full since it will be in the 40s by the finish, but two hours after the start I'm still seeing mid 30s. I may do a long sleeve under my singlet, or I may just do a throwaway over it.

Sandy, I think there are a couple of halfs in this area that weekend. OR you could make it the next weekend and come run The Woodlands. I'm running the full, it's only 20 minutes from my house. It's a nice race (well, except the screw up last year where the full was short). I may have a friend from VA coming to run the full, so it would practically be a party!

Kathryn, but at least it's a good reason to be sore. Yeah, Jake was always kinda bad during storms, but they never bothered Riley, which is why the second night we went ahead and took him in (Dr. Google for dogs can be just as scary as Dr. Google for people) even though it was probably just anxiety. I know there were pretty loud fireworks here on NYE (my neighborhood does big ones), and I'm guessing there were dogs in his room that got worked up about it, which got him worked up.....

No tequila or vodka here! Lots of tasty coffee though. And 5 miles around the neighborhood, followed by another 2.8 total at OTF. Man, I enjoyed that class. It's been awhile since I've been to one. Ran into a neighbor there as well and I hadn't seen her in awhile so nice to catch up.

DH went to the office today, so I'm going to try to catch up on some vacuuming and other chores. Later!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

Oh, forgot to mention - when I picked Riley up from boarding last Friday, they had him listed at 35-50 pounds (from his puppy days). So they weighed him and he came in at 71 pounds. Then they weighed him at the vet last night and they weighed him 75 pounds! My little lap dog is not so little anymore. And yes, he still gets in my lap.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I keep thinking today is Wednesday. I have tried to get on more than one conference call that is on my Wednesday calendar. WTH.

We had a key mess while I was on vacation..MAMMEL redid a TON of work that I had already done for those stupid keys. Well, the client was looking at the new forms he put together and hates them. The client asked to see my forms and is now using them as examples nationwide. WIN FOR LIZ. Needed that win.

Run4kupcakes – The sun is doing its job over this way!

Judy – We are not decorations! UGH. When you say run at home does that mean on the treadmill your complex provides?

Laura – Nice job pushing through that workout. Working out arms sucks. LOL. I hope someone notices he is an idiot..but the upper management just phrases him constantly because he is such and @ss kisser. I just need to get out of here. Have to suck it up until then.

Karen – Awww poor Riley! I wonder what is up with him. Hmm..maybe he developed some anxiety at the kennel somehow. I hope he is medically okay! Pet insurance?! Where do you get that?!. Ha, Riley 74lbs..Ruger is 23lbs! I am really stoked to hear about the Houston race. You, Damaris and your baby runners!!! Smile Oh, and nice workout today!

Sandy – I did not know MSP was hosting the Super Bowl. Shows how much I know football. If you would like a 1:1 I can let you have the one I have with mammal? LOL. Oh yes, I keep everything regarding mammal. It wouldn’t matter if I went to HR or supervisors. The management on this account all around SUCK. Its just best to move on at this point. It will happen I just have to suck it up and be patient. I might have to purchase me a headlamp with what you and Karen have said about them! That is interesting about the pronation..I might get mine checked out again. I have some aches and pains that never seem to go away in my feet. Nothing that would stop me from running but enough to notice them. Interesting about the Carnival..are you going to go?! Smile WOOHOO awesome run, girl!! Our temps were about the same. It felt nice out there compared to what it has been! Woohooo! I will keep my eye out for some half marathons Smile

Tessa – LOL at the coffee story! Gross. Wow, nice rainy run this morning! Nice you get to WFH and not worry about the traffic.

Docket – I think we have a topic thread title for Friday. LOL. Glad you are feeling a bit better. An hour to get in this morning?! Is it raining? LOL at suckdays. HAHAHA. Oh man, that picture really shows how you were feeling Sad I am still amazed that you completed it while you were feeling that way!

Ginny – OH NO!!!! I am so so sorry about Beau L How awful – and on your anniversary Sad Thinking of you guys. HUGS.

Susan – I am wish our office closed when schools did. We would have had a nice vacation! J LOL at the headlamp J Hope you make it through the webinar,..I would take a 6 hour nap.

Cathy – Uh oh..your upcoming weather forecast sounds like trax! I don’t really think they help much with ice. YES, I have read the same about shoes and PF. One of the reasons I buy a lot of neutral shoes. You do too, right? I guess your weekend on call schedule isn’t too bad. Good point about the reflective paint. Haha. Drivers would be very confused!

Hi Margaret! Oh no – a medical emergency?! OH YEA..GATSBY..duh its in your username. Smile

Kathryn – I like your walks to the outlet mall  Wink You just reminded me that I wanted to put a Kate Spade bag on my birthday list Smile At least you are the good kind of sore!

Kilmisters – Yes, if they got this account it would be his. And a raise! Which he needs! I think I ended up taking like 10 loops. Ugh. It was bad. Not as bad as TM. I have a max of 6 miles for the treadmill hahaha. That may change since I have one now. Good point about the vodka smell hahaha. Though that might proceed me to defiantly take a sip. Yay for the productive day at work! I still haven’t been in LIDL!! Good luck with the Thursday meeting prep. I was going to say shouldn’t you be doing that today…I keep thinking its Wednesday!

Out of here and off to Body Pump soon! Have a great evening everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Yeah, Karen.  There lies the rub.  For 40s I would have a singlet and arm warmers on and off (like at Disney, which had 36F at the start and 50F at the finish).  But for something colder, no idea. I do want to wear that tank I just got from INB but damn it. Not sure if I'm that brave. I'll have gloves and a thick throw away so maybe I can run with the throw away for a while?  LOL.  I would do a LS, but I know I will get too warm later. Don't worry, I laughed too.  Here is another one.

Do you wonder how one looks when you just threw up and you still have 13 miles to go?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

The more I see my pictures, the more I realized I must have been feeling like shit.  Clearly not having fun in most of these.  Except the ones with a margarita in hand, ha.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Kilmisters

Lizzie, what is it with you, people; my colleague also thought it's Wednesday today! Nice about the forms, but sadly ignorant and not quite bright people as mammel usually don't . 10 loops, huh... That's some mental endurance Smile

Damaris, the pics are actually very nice for the same reasons as always - your bright shirt/gear Wink Given the struggle you describe (and we see in pictures), your time was superb! W/o these crappy races we can't properly value the comparatively easy ones. Great job!

So, I actually wrote to boss about wanting a feedback (we had some other marginal work stuff to discuss on WhatsApp this eve). She didn't answer (I wrote the feedback part and another thing; she only answered to the latter), but she tends to do that and then bring the topic up when she feels it's the right time. Yay, I guess.

The practice was, well, meh. Legs were very tired (might have smth to do w yesterday's 10mi) and only got better during last 20mins or so. But at least they did. Got annoyed by a couple of teammates' remarks and asked myself why I even need the drama of being part of female team (Big grin), but that sometimes happens and the frustrations goes away quite fast Smile

Oh... DH turns 30 tomorrow. It's the forbidden topic. As in ''you will wake up and pretend it's just another casual day'' etc etc. So much drama for such insignificant ''milestone''. But oh well Smile

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Arimathea

Tessa

Still raining, and my phone says thunderstorms so we should have some frightened moggies shortly.

Ginny, I am sorry about Beau. How old is he? It's tough to lose a pet. (We just lost our oldest cat, Fernanda, late last year.)

Damaris, I see a strong woman finishing one of many marathons. Really nice muscle definition and off-the-ground action in the first picture! Did you really cross the finish line with margarita in hand?

Cathy, hope you manage to get out for a run. Dammit on your foot hurting.

Sandy, yay for 7 miles! Yes I am WFH. Glad I did. No meetings after all and I am handling everything fine from the kitchen table.

Margaret, I agree, I wouldn't want a parrot landing on my head either. Bad enough when a cat jumps up and lands on you!

Kat, sorry you are still sore!

Arimathea

Tessa

Elina, honestly, I don't think vodka has a smell -- but I may be missing some subtle nuances. (Absolutely, says DD.)

Not sure who you work for however I gather the competition for grocery budgets in Latvia is as fierce as it is here. Good luck with the meeting prep!

Karen, 75 pounds? Wow, he's big! How large was Jake?

Liz, good that the client liked your forms better than mammel's! Fingers crossed for HCBF. How is his ankle feeling?

The burn areas are now turning into mudslide areas.  This is not good. SO glad I worked from home today.

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.6 miles with some short hill repeats. It warmed up to 50, but there were still some icy spots in shady areas. I usually try to run facing traffic (on the sidewalk) when its dark, but one side of the road was ice free, the other had way too many patches. Kind of slow going, basically walked through the grass when the sidewalk looked wet. But it was a huge improvement from the skating rink conditions this morning.

GInny, sorry about Beau. That's so hard.

Arimathea, laughing about the vodka coffee.

Seloc, at least I don't work for Baltimore City.

Hi All!