Womens Running

Rainy Wednesdailies (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

My cake place is having my favorite cake the day before the marathon. Coincidence? NO WAY. I think it was that way last year, too! MMMMMMMMM that’s some motivation right there.

Busy day today but I am ready to go! Heading to the grocery store then to my Ruger! He is squeezing those puppy cheeks! Wink

Susan – Thoughts and prayers with you and your finance! I hope everyone goes well.

Laura – Nice miles this morning and yesterday afternoon. I actually thought about not walking Ruger last night because I didn’t want to talk to people LOL. I walked fast. Hahaha. Too many people out there! I wanted to be in my bubble. LOL at your DD..at least she tried!!

Diane – Awe, I hate that you are trying to kill time before bed – meaning not just sitting back and relaxing with DH Sad I understand about the not caring part. Totally get that. And I agree – do your own things until he takes the initiative. Sorry about your fall. Ouch, sounds like it hurts. Have fun with the presentation. How can a presentation be fun!? Do you have to actually present it?! My. Worst. Fear. Speaking of festering..I have an issue with HCBF that is festering. But like you – I am non-confrontational. Plus I think everything is my fault anyway..just habit. I am trying to get better but it is hard! WOOOHOO on extending to the 50K!!

Sandy – Ugh, jealous of your 8pm bedtime. I was shooting for that but then Real Housewives side tracked me haha. YES kids did come to the door but I didn’t answer. We have Halloween decorations up but I didn’t light up the pumpkins or turn on the Halloween lights. Oh well. Yes, you got some extra post-marathon rest today. You needed it! Hope your day is easier today. Did you at least get to WFH yesterday? Hmm..ill have to think about suggestions for HBO. I would have suggested Pretty Little Lies.

Judy – Have fun with the volunteering. MMMM that soup sounds so good.

Karen – Willpower!! I find the best way to strengthen your willpower is to have it all sitting in front of you. I have a candy dish on my desk but I have never once eaten candy out of it. WILLPOWER. You started watching Stranger Things 2?! That is next on my list. Have you seen Mind Hunter?? That is a really good one, too. I am trying to finish that before Stranger Things. I need a week off..so I can catch up on my sleep PR and Netflix shows.

Cathy – LOL at your DD – asking for M&M’s and walking away. I am with her! I only liked the Reeses cups out of my Halloween candy. Awe, no picture of the zombie?! I bet she looked cute. She does her own makeup?? She must be creative. I wear makeup all the time but I HATE doing it. I do the least amount possible. Just to make sure I don’t look dead. LOL at your DH – my brother passes out beer to the adults! I am very eager about this doctors apt of yours. Just want to see what they have to say about it. We have all been feeling your pain! Snow flurries!!! So, is it always windy where you are and you just get used to it? When I was running Monday it was windy and it was annoying. I was thinking if that is something you deal with 24/7. Oh my..your house is in candy overload! They have some unique dessert recipes you can try with leftover candy Smile

Docket – Hang in there today! I would have decided not to go too. But I am lazy once I get home from work.

Tessa – I probably shouldn’t have read your comment when I was eating lunch earlier. LOL. I used to have warts on a few of my fingers when I was a kid..so wouldn’t surprise me if that is what it is. I am going to pick up some freezing stuff and try to freeze the sucker off. I like your idea for the burnt brownies! Dental places accept candy donations?! Really? Hahaha. Don’t they always say to not eat candy?! You had a successful Halloween.

Have a great afternoon/evening everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

ginnyb

Had a great birthday!  Did not do anything special , but all my children came over and we had pizza and ice cream cake, plus the trick or treaters were fun to see, some great costumes this year.  My children gave me a blue tooth speaker , Charger 3.  I didn't know I wanted one, but I really like it, I never knew what they were for honestly.  Us oldies did not grow up with these things, so.......my kids keep me informed and up to date, at least they try.

Lizzie...My DH is not a snorer, but I am a screamer, periodically I just scream like a banshee in my sleep, very unnerving to those who have to hear.  My mother used to do the same thing, my one granddaughter does it too.  Weird, huh?  Usually it doesn't even wake me up, just to those I wake up.  Sorry about Ruger snoring, you can't catch a break.

Sue....your fiance will be in my thoughts.

Sandy...good for you for getting some well deserved extra sleep.  I have a hard time getting up when it is cold.  I haven't even tried in the last 2 weeks!

Damaris....you look great in the pic that you posted on FB yesterday I think it was.....killer abs!

Karen...since the Indians did not make it to the WS this year, we are rooting for the Astros.

LC...funny about the brownies, oops!  Do you enjoy the sports banquets?  I don't think most people do, but I always enjoyed them when my daughter played sports in high school.

Well I have set my retirement for December 2018....one more year!  A coworker and I, who have worked together in reference all these years are going to go out at the same time!  ONE MORE YEAR!

Worked with trainer yesterday and today, but still have not felt the urge to go for a run, I will, I will.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie I was in Toastmasters when I lived in El Paso so got over the public speaking thing that way.  I don't mind giving presentations if I know the subject inside and out...and this one I now do.

As for DH it's not me, it's definitely him, just how he is but I'm not sure anymore I want to deal with it or just ignore it.  If I'm going to be "alone" with someone in the house with me then I'd rather just be alone.  I've set a date at least in my head...when the dogs are all gone, or just down to one...then if things don't change I'll move out.  I make enough money to live on my own and have a large retirement fund even without his.  Sad but that's how things are, so I know I can change me and my surroundings.

Kilmisters

Lizzie, use tennis ball instead of foam roll on that hamstring; always works. Tennis ball method is great in general - can be tricky to ''balance'' on the right muscles, but it helps w the worst of tightness. Ha, HCBF snoring reminds me of the FB post I saw yesterday ''I love you, except when you snore. Then I want to use baseball bat.''

Sue, passing good thoughts to fiance!

Diane, some presentations can absolutely be fun. Especially they are, you know, realistic project presentations not some political bs. That's one of the reasons I left my previous job - political stuff around number smoothing overcame actual data reporting. Annoying. Your decision on the 50k, however - exciting! I smiled when saw the FB post. Totally not surprising Smile

Sandy, you absolutely deserve that post-marathon rest, but, for future reference, posting here that sleep winning over getting up/run felt good, yeah, don't do that, not helpful Big grin (kind of joking). Grab some beer and enjoy your rest Wink

Karen, wow, looking at your pictures (how fit you are) I didn't expect you mentioning any kind of weight control. Oh well.

Cathy, laughing about your DD just saying ''nah'' if people don't have the sort of candy she wants - that girl knows how to set her priorities Big grin

Damaris, no one here is considering you less of a badass for not running in the dark!

Tessa, wow at the amount of candy and alcoholic drinks distributed. That's sounds like fun Halloween!

10k today w K in the jogging stroller asleep the whole time (again). It was my ab-so-lutely favourite running weather - 45 degrees (even felt a bit too warm), slight rain (the sort of ''something is dropping from the sky'' rain not ''ah, crap, it's raining'' rain) and city lights in dark w only few people on the streets, mostly walking their dogs. Felt goooood! Perfectly relaxing after what can only be described as s---storm of a day.

Visited my parents today; dad tried to talk me into runing a marathon in a near future (it almost always happens when he's had his few glasses of wine). Yeah, no. HM is a perfect distance. Marathon is a totally different territory both in terms of time it takes to prepare (decently) and mental endurance needed.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Sigh, this day has been long, but not longer than yesterday. I should have said the judge called my 20th case of the day, which is more accurate.  OK, let me try to do shoutouts now:

Elina, at least you are keeping busy!

Lizzie, exactly!  I'm like about to put my finger in my eye and there he goes and touches my butt and almost leaves me like Cyclops.  Sheesh.  Nice run.

Susan, nice 6 with the crazy.

Laura, nice runs in the last two days.

Diane, ouch at the hand.  I called myself a coward because I am.  I just need to get that meniscus tear off my mind once and for all. It's been 11 months.

Sandy, sleep wins are always good.  Unless it's a race.

Judy, good luck if you decide to run and enjoy the yummy food.

Karen, hope you enjoyed the 6.

Cathy, glad you had some trick o treaters, even if adults, lol.

Tessa, nice job with the candy!

On to page two...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Ginny, awww, thanks!  that sounds like an awesome birthday!

Diane, whatever makes you happy.  Life is too short to do otherwise.

And I do consider myself less than badass for failing to run outside yesterday in the dark. I am a vampire that hates to run in the sun and love this time of year because it's time to run in the dark.  I just don't know what has come over me lately. Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

It was so nice outside (77F and 62 dewpoint, for Miami that's cold), I ran 5.  Don't tell Karen, lol. I do feel she would've given me 5 had I not had the concert we decided not to attend so I thought it would be good since I felt good.  Again, the pace outside is way faster than inside but I felt good so I'm not going to complain. Big grin

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 miles and core work.

HuronHeart

3 miles for me. The manure smell is still overpowering. Yuck. The law requires it be worked into the soil within a few hours but the smell lingers.

Lizzie, nice run as always.  I bet Ruger was extra happy when you arrived home from work.

CrazySue, thinking of you and your fiancé.

LC, nice run yesterday but bummer about the brownies.

Dhuffman, I agree with the life is short and if possible, do what makes you happy professionally and personally.

Seloc, I live 12 miles from the nearest small town and 1.25 hours from any larger city with shopping. Amazon is a dream come true when you live so far from everything. Enjoy your extra rest day.  Sleep is my remedy for everything.

Judy, nice run as always.  Soup sounds good on a cold day like today.

Karen, congrats at being at race weight!   Lately I have been able to resist candy but when it comes to potato chips, oh boy.

RTurtles, your girls sound like great kids.

DocketRocket, unusual for you to say you are tired, I hope you are not getting sick. What type of law do you practice?

Ginny, sorry but not sorry that I laughed when I read about you being screamer.  I am not sure why I find that funny but I do.  ðŸ˜ƒ

Kilmisters, 45 degrees is perfect running weather. I can’t remember the formula for converting to Celsius. Is your Dad a runner too?

HC, nice job.  7 miles AND core.

HuronHeart-Kathy

Docket_Rocket

I work with the DOJ on the agency that monitors the bankruptcy system, so I do bankruptcy and whatever is present in bankruptcy court, which can be from anything from mortgage to family law.

Nice 3!

Damaris

Fundraising Page