Womens Running

National Lost Sock Memorial Day WEDNESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Docket_Rocket

Are you sure you didn't marry my husband?  Cause he sounds so much alike!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

I may blow off the bike and take a total rest day. It's been awhile since I've had one. I'm just feeling kinda lazy. Meeting with the store went well - I told them they didn't have to open for us every single Saturday morning and bring breakfast but they want to. Okay. They also said they'd be an official sponsor and give us money. Again, I wasn't going to ask them because they probably spend as much on breakfast every week plus staff the store with an employee for us, and they are a small business and not making a ton of money, but they want to. Okay again. They are going to do a meet the coaches/shoe fitting party the week before we start for us, and they are going to do two post-run seminars, one on proper fit and how that prevents injuries, and one on strength training (almost all their employees are personal trainers). By the time I got out of there I was starving, so the stop at Costco was......expensive. We now have ALL the snacks.

Liz, we are just getting to the point where I'm willing to start stalking the weather, and early indicators look good. Nice run for you again. Coffee is super important so yes, get yourself to Walmart. When we bought our fancy coffee maker for Christmas, I was just going to give away or throw out our regular coffee pot and our Keurig, but DH insisted we keep them as backups. We don't mess around here. Oh, on the speedwork, I usually do a couple MP miles and maybe some strides (less than 0.1 mile) the week and a half beforehand to keep the legs sharp, just no more really hard stuff.

Elina, mmmmmm, cake and coke. Seriously, if they can't give you an agenda, how are you supposed to give them what they need? Sounds like a good chance of you spending time putting something together and it ends up being not what they need so double work for you. Just no.

Damaris, today's OTF looked interesting and fun. If I'd have looked at it earlier I would have gone this morning before my meeting with the store. I'm too lazy to go tonight though.

Judy, hope you get good news from the podiatrist.

Sandy, i saw the course video link on fb and saved it for later. Yes, I'm weird enough to sit here and watch the whole thing. I am so excited! I may have to go buy some allergy medicine though. I'm allergic to cats, but it's usually not bad as long as I resist petting the cat or letting it hang out in my lap. But if it's hairball season, better safe than sorry. My poor dad has pretty bad allergies, including dog allergies, so every time he comes to visit us he starts drugging up before they leave Illinois! Haha, just read your reply to Lizzie, I feel less weird now that I have two old coffee makers in the closet. Also agree with Lizzie, no need to organize or do anything out of the normal for us, everything will be just fine as it is!

Susan, shaking my head at DF. Although my DH is more the opposite, he doesn't power through, he shuts down and is convince he's dying at the hint of a sniffle. Yes, he's the one that was googling "can humans catch kennel cough" last weekend.

Cathy, great elliptical workout! When I try to do that, my toes go numb. And I get really bored really fast. I'm glad you love your new bike!!

Laura, glad you're getting good running weather! Exciting on the new nurse starting, hope she shows up and you work well together.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

I just watched the Fargo course preview video - it looks like a really nice course. And the two guys talking through the whole thing were kinda cracking me up. "At this point, you're still looking for the hills.....ya, you're not going to find them." Definitely lots of turns in that sucker but lots of shade, nice mix of residential roads, bike paths, etc. Looks good.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

5.5 with 5 x 4 minute intervals. I wanted to see how I felt running faster, or if I could. They wound up faster than expected, so yay.  We had a luncheon at work with LOTS of desserts, maybe the high carb fueling helped.

AnonymousGuest, I have multiple coffee makers as well. An espresso machine, standard coffee maker and a French Press.

Docket, hope the new schedule is approved. My group is allowed to work non-traditional schedules, either doing 4-10s, 9-9s or just not the standard 8-4. I tried the 9 hour days with every other Friday off and it just didn't work well for me. Even so, it's a nice perk that we're allowed to pick a schedule that works for us (within reason).

Docket_Rocket

HCK, for us there is some allowance, but my boss wouldn't let anyone start anew.  Half of the staff already comes in at 7am but all were approved prior to him becoming boss.

His words for my request for 7-4:30pm a few years ago (vs 8-4:30pm that I have) was that people without kids shouldn't be allowed to leave before 5.  See?  He is an asshole!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Ran 6 total for the day, between OTF (where I won the 22 minutes distance challenge, haha) and 3.15 outside because it was so cool, at 82F and 63 dewpoint.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

I will be SO glad when all classes are over for the summer. Although work is still crazy.

In Phoenix for client meetings. Hotter than hot. Still 104 and it's nearly 8 pm. So much for bringing 2 running outfits in hopes of doing one in the evening and one in the morning. There will be one tomorrow I hope.

Kat, the place is closing? Good luck finding another, would you want to move to Austin?

Diane, I would be ticked at DH too.

Fargo women -- good luck. I liked the race.

RN is doing a 100m the weekend after next. I may be pacing her in 10 or 20 miles of it.

3.2 this morning, 2.7 yesterday, 3.2 Monday. Again, will be glad when classes are over!