Womens Running

Calm Wednesday (dailies) (Read 18 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Busy day today! Ready to go home and nap! Smile

Laura – Well, I was crazy and woke up at 3:30 to get that done. I have to get up earlier when HCBF is at the beach. Have to have time to walk Ruger! Uhm 200 hours of sick time you never use?! You should just make some 4 day weekends here and there. I am jealous.

Docket – I had to laugh about your mentor..karma. Smile  Oh no on the twisted foot! Hope it feels better. Good sign that it isnt swollen! Hopefully you get off early!!

Ginny – Bummer on the trainer not showing up. At least you did some stuff and didn’t just leave!

Diane – I would take 27 any day!!! Smile  Nice workout last night! Good luck with the surprise cash count! Are you going to workout at the hotel or taking a rest day?

Judy – SCORE on the chair. I was going to suggest a place like that. Also, score on the toliet! Haha. It’s the little things, right? We are having bad winds too! Have a good run!

Sandy – Nice treadmill miles! I am surprised the roads are cleared enough that you can drive places! You got a lot of snow. We would be stranded at home for weeks if that happened here. I laughed out loud at your medication comment. LOL. Maybe they are in their rooms on their phones all day so they have built up energy by the time you get them Smile Sorry about the loss though Sad  A run in the evening? That is not like you! Smile  It will be fun to get out there! I eat 4 breakfasts. LOL. Depends on the mileage..but mileage like today I make time to at least have a bowl of oatmeal before I leave the house. Then have a peanut butter bar around 8:30. Fruit around 10:30 and then yogurt around 11:30. Eat lunch around 12:30. Anytime I drink coffee..my blood sugar gets out of whack sometimes. Not sure why. So..multiple small meals throughout the day help but sometimes I have to enhale a coke so I don’t pass out from the sugar drop. Weird.  Oh wow, SCORE with the BIL being a dentist!! Lucky! Smile

Karen – Cleaning baseboards is your excitement for today?! And buying a new toilet lid? Is this what I have to look forward to when I retire? LOL. Smile  No humidity?! In TX? What the what! Enjoy that run!!! Too bad you aren’t running long today and you are tapering. Sorry. I may have rubbed that in a little Smile  How long is that good weather lasting?

Sandy 2 – Funny you mention the running store – that is on my to do list this weekend. I did have an analysis done once at a LRS and they told me I was neutral. So I have just been getting neutral shoes over the years. Weird that suddenly some of my go-to brands are now giving me trouble. But who knows, things could have changed over the many miles I have put on these feet. Defiantly worth going and getting looked at. There is a running store on the other side of town I want to check out – they do some sort of interactive scan of your feet that you can save and look at changes throughout the years. I want that! I had actually considered going today, but my feet smell from wearing flats all day. LOL. You’re welcome. When I saw Karens comment about the Ravennas – I had already ordered! BUT I am going to send them back. I AM SO HUNGRY TODAY, TOO!

Have a good evening, all!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Arimathea

Tessa

Anyone complaining about the cold weather is welcome to come stay in our guest room. We are having our short temperate spring. I am afraid it is going to be hot sooner than usual -- we have the marine layer in the morning then hazy sunshine afternoons which is usually referred to as "May gray" and "June gloom". It shouldn't be happening this early in the year.

Sandy, yes, 10-11s that's normal. Some of them will be serious, others are still in the easily distracted stage. Those are the ones who are supposed to be playing soccer or softball and are doing cartwheels in the outfield or at the edge of the pitch.

Elina, sometimes coworkers need to remember that you can't do everything. Liz, likewise.

Diane, is it the 12 hours of nighttime running you want? If so then sign up for the 24 but know you will drop after a certain time. Don't try to keep going for the full 24.

Karen, wow, excitement is a new toilet lid?

Damaris, hope the foot feels better.

Laura, is 1 mile your minimum? Sounds like the TM was a good idea.

Judy, I'm guessing someone will be very grateful for the lift chair. We wished we'd bought one with a lift for DH.

Ginny, I thought your new trainer was your previous trainer's mom?

Waving to anyone I have missed. Apologies for spotty checking in. Managed 3.8 this morning then 4.25 at lunch. We move office on Friday so everyone must WFH that day...

Anonymous Guest

Give me a little credit ladies, the excitement was not just a toilet lid.

It was an entire toilet seat!! And I replaced the old one myself. I even used tools.

I got most of my planned chores done, but am calling it quits to clean up and eat some dinner. The organizers of the Cypress running group (next town/running group area over) are meeting tonight to go over the start of their new season and are talking sponsorship, advertising, registration, socials, pretty much everything I haven't done and need to figure out for my group. So they invited me to sit in on their planning session. I will hopefully learn a lot and get some ideas, plus they were fun to hang out with in Portland so at the very least it's someone to hang out with for a bit.

Diane, if you are looking for night time miles, that seems like a good way to get some. I haven't had much experience running at night and know it will probably freak me out a little if I do BB 100 and have to run all night and haven't run at night at all. I've been trying to figure out a safe way to get some night miles in - your idea would take care of that. I say go for it.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

Spring was here. Was. It was in the 60s when I left for work this morning. It was in the 40s with 30+mph winds when I got home. I missed spring. 7 miles with 5 x 7.5 minutes at 10k-HM pace. Somehow they were closer to 10k. Got chased by what looked like a bassett & beagle mix. Damn dog ran across a busy street. Owner was just leisurely strolling making no effort to get it. I hate dog owners like that. A driver actually stopped to make sure I was ok, Dog didn't bite me, just startled me.