Womens Running

FALL into the WEEKEND! (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Arimathea

Tessa

Damaris, Brazos Bend. First weekend in December.

Karen, flight arrives on Thursday, any chance you could put me up for the night? I can cook, as you know...

Leaving Monday afternoon.

And laughing at Huck falling in the pool. I imagine he would probably do all right. He is a Lab, correct? They were bred for water!

Diane, what a miserable travel situation. Glad you made it home. I have not yet ridden the train out to Denver airport, but DS has taken it into town when he flew out to meet with DD to drive home, and liked it.

Margaret, ooh yes. I love the Canadian Rockies. And DD lives less than 3 hours from the border...

Though I am definitely not going to try to do every province as well as every state. I have heard that some provinces are easy to get but when you start talking Nunavut or Yukon that can be challenging. And I know I cannot outrun a polar bear!

Kat, hope you can get the job, and I would think neutering would be a big part of any vet's practice. Spay is abdominal, though, isn't it?

That is nice of you to offer to drive, we can help though -- are you a Costco member? I can rent a car through Costco and they waive the fee for an additional driver.

3 N kittens are doing just fine. Gaining weight.

4 last night, 13 (I think) this morning. It is definitely not fall here except on the calendar. 96 degrees when I went by the bank with the thermometer at 1 PM. And we have a brush fire north of Castaic Lake. 3000 acres already according to the fire department.

Heading out to put up a yard sign for our House race. We are one of the most closely divided districts in the country.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me!

Almost decided to go to the gym today..butttt think I will take the full rest day. We ate A LOT last night at my moms. We had a good time! Filet, hash brown casserole and salad with fried goat cheese. Then she made a chocolate cake with peanut butter to celebrate HCF's birthday (later this week). I feel guilty for eating all of that! Ugh. OH and she made homemade crab dip. YUM. I loved playing with baby Emerson! We are on the same maturity level Smile This visit was the first time that I saw HCF pick him up and engage with him. We are slowly getting more comfortable with this little human. Wink

Raining again. Geez, I swear...we have like, 2 days of sunshine and then 5 days of rain. The temps are cooler today..but this rain has got to go! Supposed to rain until Tuesday!

Not sure what we are doing today. Getting ready for the real world tomorrow...sigh.

Kathryn - That is good news about the interview! You still seem a little apprehensive. Even though you haven’t heard good things, would you stick take it if they offered it? Is the pay the same? I am being nosey. I think all of our JCP's are closed. I will have to look because my mom suggested the same!

Margaret - Oh Margaret. I am sorry to hear about your dad Sad Happy he has a good treatment plan. I get how you feel - my dad just turned 84! I worry about everything.  I will be thinking of your dad! XOXO. Hope you have a great long run today and YYUUUMMMM banana bread!!! Oh, yes I have a few extra days for later. I have to start saving my days though for honeymoon. Its going to take me some time to build 3 weeks back up. BTW, gloves and long sleeves on morning runs in Summer?! JEALOUS.

Docket - I was thinking the same thing about JCP!!

Run4kupcakes - OOO what kind of floors are you putting in? I am going to check Walmart today for rods.

Karen - 79?! OMG. I would have cancelled. LOL. That is awful!! Nice job to you and the baby runners on running in that sticky stuff. I am trying to send some cooler temps your way. I told Sandy that when we get to MN, I might just lay on her patio naked so I can take in all the fresh crisp air. LOL. Aw, Huck went for his first swim! Glad he wasn’t freaked out. Thats a good sign!

Diane - OMG you had a travel nightmare!!! I am sure you are happy to be home!! Aw, yay for DGD birthday! How old is she now?

Tessa - Nice miles this weekend! Glad to hear the kittens are doing well! Holy crap, thats hot.

Happy Sunday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

dhuffman63

Trails

Tessa it was the reverse in (train then bus) without the flight nightmare which traditionally has been the case for me.  OK flight out, nightmare coming home. There was a lady in Vegas (my stop on they way there) who had a therapy corgi so of course I pet him too.

Lizzie she actually turned 2 on the 19th but since I was in Denver (which was funny as she was born in Aurora) they waited until Sat for the party. Her other grandparents got her a little 0-9 light up thing but she already knows 1-10 so it was easy for her.  DD wanted some flash cards for pre-k level and some for the American Sign Language so that's what I got her.  DD took a class in ASL and knows it and if I do go deaf it'll come in handy.

Damaris you should come! I believe Lisa is doing the marathon.

Glad the kitties are doing good.

Well I ended up with 17 miles while in Denver so I want to do 15 to 20 today.  PH is less than 30 days out and BB is less than 90 so I want to make sure I can get close to what my training plan called for.  Hopefully no more travel so I can focus on getting it done.

Margaret sorry about your dad.  My has heart issues and he's going to be 83 in Nov.  If I have enough PTO I want to go back down mid Dec and visit. I've always been a daddy's girl and even though my brother lives closer and visits more I know mine mean more.

Lizzie we saw some nice drapes (curtains) at either Home Depot or the other one.  We put up blinds we got from there and they look great

Karen, Huck sounds so cute.  Wish I could meet him and Riley.

Time for some more coffee. Have a lovely day.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 18-20 miles on the TM coming up.  I know Karen will flinch but I'll see if I can get the 20, of course.

Had to wash my hair at 11pm last night because Bugsy came rub on me and he came with litter sand and I just couldn't take away the feeling that I stink of shit.  This led to me sleeping with my hair wet and I woke up with some sneezing (always happens when I do).  Not sick just a bit of a cold from it. It will go away.  Third day of no migraine!

Tessa, Thanks for the date.  I have something the week prior and the week after so I won't be able to.  Yay for the kittens doing well.  Nice 4.

Liz, enjoy the rest.

Diane, ugh what a nightmare.  I assume you're home by now?  And yay for giving some TLC to the doggies on the flight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Damaris, when I go to bed with wet hair, I wake up with crazy hair.

Diane, hope you were able to get your miles in today.  Traveling makes it hard to stick to a training plan.  Yes, it's important to make time to visit with our dads.

Lizzie, yay for a rest day.  No guilt for eating a yummy homemade meal!  Sounds like Baby E is at a fun age.  Thanks for the good thoughts for my Dad.  Has your mom chilled a little bit about wedding planning?

Tessa (and Lori, and anyone else interested), we should investigate a Canadian Rockies trip.  So many places, so little time (and $$$!).  Ugh on temps in the 90s.  We haven't had our September heat wave and Diablo winds yet but I'm sure it's coming.

Kat, sounds like you are in a good negotiating position for that job.  Even if it's not a great work environment, maybe you could put up with it for a little while to fund your traveling and running and other habits.

Karen, still waiting for you to come back for personals, from yesterday.  

HCK, a new floor is exciting.

I ran 17 today, started off in the fog and ended up in the sun.  Met my DH at our favorite coffee place after, which is right on the water.  Lots of dolphins cruising up and down the shoreline.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Oh, my hair looked like it belonged to a red poodle when I woke up, for sure.

20 miles done.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

I did get the 15 in so that makes it a 32 mile week.  Better than I thought it might be.  Now I need a shower.

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.3 miles.

Here's the finished floor:

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, never made it back for personals. I'm beat.

20 miles today. Temp and dew point were both almost ten degrees cooler (so around 70-72). Made all the difference in the world - 20 today was easier than 10 was yesterday.

HCK, floor looks good!

Heading to bed. Sorry for just being all about me this weekend.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel