Womens Running

Getaway weekend (dailies) (Read 18 times)

Docket_Rocket

I have asthma and qualify but not telling you to lie but they don't ask...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

I have asthma and qualify but not telling you to lie but they don't ask...

I did think about just answering 'yes' to the underlying health condition....

How's your calf feeling?

Kat - cheesy X mas movies are the best!  We're just watching bad movies on Hulu LOL

Anonymous Guest

So after about seven ( yes, seven) hours, DH called about a mile from camp. He was cramping, couldn’t ride, in bad shape. I grabbed two Gatorade’s, put the dogs in the van and ran/walked in my oofos slides while he slowly kept pushing his bike. Then I pushed his bike while he walked and drank. Got back and made him get out of his sweaty clothes and into dry ones while I made him some soup, chips, pretzels, a banana, more Gatorade. Now he’s lying in bed rambling on about things he sees on Twitter and occasionally cramping and yelling in pain.

im glad he’s okay but I also a, kinda mad he did something so dumb. He was already feeling bad 10 miles earlier when he went through a park, where I could have driven the van over and picked him up, but he kept going. The way he keeps cramping he is not going to get much sleep, which means neither am I. I hate hearing him in so much pain but I can’t fix it.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

I did think about just answering 'yes' to the underlying health condition....

How's your calf feeling?

Kat - cheesy X mas movies are the best!  We're just watching bad movies on Hulu LOL

I really think it's a sprain because the symptoms for a tear are not present. I can stand on the leg, but it hurts going on my tippy toes or doing plies, so Barre is out unless I modify. I'll be working on upper body or something light for two weeks before I decide to test the calf and only if it doesn't hurt, but I think it's not a tear. Crossing my fingers.

The thing about the vaccines is that in reality they are dying to give the boosters to everybody and there are appointments everywhere plus walk ins. So, you won't be taking a shot from someone.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

My chest muscle is feeling much better today but still a wee bit wonky. My legs feel remarkably ok. I guess slow running doesn't aggravate them as much despite the distance. I want to RACE at least one more marathon but will train for that one properly.

They're starting to give out boosters here as well but only to those over 70 who've been at least 6 months since their second dose or those with severe health issues. MIL is scheduling hers as soon as her 6 month  wait is up.  thankfully Canada has an over 80% vax rate for those eligible. Hopefully when the kiddies can get it it will drive up the rate.  The 4th wave in Ontario is finally going down.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

LC Runs

5 miles for me..I was overdressed so the run felt hard after the first 2 miles. Leg workout afterward.  But, it's a beautiful day here. I am stoked for lighter mornings (at least for a couple of weeks)!

Karen - oh, man with the DH situation.  Yeah, they can really do some not smart things.  He's lucky you were around to come and help.  Hope he's feeling better today.

Damaris - glad the calf doesn't seem to be torn, that would really be awful.

Lori - glad your legs are feeling good today!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

I'm home!    It was nice to get an hour back due to daylight savings and another hour due to the time zone change.  The race was fun!   Not really, but I was happy with how I did.  I was aiming for 8:45 pace (around 3:50), which is what my watch showed but I was also long, 26.36 miles.  Finished in 3:50:34, which should be good enough for Boston if the field size is normal and also good for New York.  Not sure what my plan is for next year (and my time should also work for Boston 2023) but nice to have options.  

Race recap for those interested...  left in the morning a bit later then I wanted to, I blame it on TF wanting to come over and send me off.    I didn't get to the expo until about 5:00.  Then just grabbed a Subway sandwich from the lobby of the hotel and tried to sleep.  Talkative RB and his GF met up with me in the morning before the race.  They planned to see me about every 5 miles, which was really great!  Always awesome to see friendly faces. Low 30's to start, so a bit chilly but I warmed up quick.

The start was really crowded due to the HM also starting at the same time.  I lost the 3:50 pacer and ended up behind the 3:55 pacer, so I had some catching up to do.  Eventually caught up to the 3:50 pacer and he told us that they were pacing 2 minutes ahead so they would slow it down at the end.  I decided to just hang with the pacers.  My watch was ahead, don't know if it was bad GPS or not running the tangents, probably a bit of both!  I was a bit less crowded once the HM split off at about mile 7.5.  I planned to take a gel or Nuun at every water stop, which is much more than I usually fuel.  I think it worked!  I felt good until mile 20, which is when it always gets hard.

At some point one of the pacers disappeared.  Then the 2nd pacer got a leg cramp at mile 24 and stopped running!  So I was on my own for awhile.  I won't lie, it was tough!  The bottoms of my feet were cramping and my butt was sore!  Then about a half mile from the finish, the pacer zooms by me!  He lost everyone in the pace group but was apparently hellbent on finishing under 3:50.    I momentarily thought about trying to follow him but I did not do it!  Crossed the finish line and apparently I looked rough because a guy at the finish line actually took me by the hand and walked with me for awhile, got my space blanket and a drink before he let me go.  Another lady tied my space blanket for me.  

RB was waiting at the finish.  Apparently TF was having issues tracking me and couldn't tell if I finished.  He texted RB and RB Facebook video chatted with him and turned his phone when I ran by so TF could see me finish.  I was so focused on finishing that I didn't even see RB.  I had to sit down for awhile but then I was OK to walk back to the hotel.  A woman got in the elevator with me and congratulated me, she said that she followed me for most of the race!  I then took the longest hot shower ever!    Felt good enough to walk around the capitol a bit.  RB and his GF met me later for a celebratory dinner of fried chicken and succotash.  I never had succotash before.  

Docket_Rocket

Cathy, congrats! Apparently I just missed you because I got back into the Fishers Running Club tent (the blue ones when you make the turn into Capitol to finish) when the 3:45-3:50 pacers were coming in. Gah! Great race and boo that I didn't get to see you this time around.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Damaris, it's too bad that we did not get to meet up and I'm sorry about the DNF and calf issue!  Hopefully it is just a sprain and you will be back in action soon.

Elina, enjoy the getaway!

Kat, wow, your trip is coming fast!  My tv is always showing the Hallmark channel when I turn it on, though I have never watched it... it does seem a bit cheesy.    But I've recognized a lot of stars in those movies!

Laura, the bday lunch looked nice!  It is younger DD's bday today.  Enjoy that nice weather!!

Lori, congrats on the virtual marathon!  It was amazing the number of people that showed DNS in the app.  Don't know if it was travel issues, or other things, or if that was a normal amount for Indy.  I hope that you are OK from the fall!  That's great that DH was there to crew for you.    Congrats on meeting your goal!

Karen, that sounds like a crazy trail that DH attempted!  And DH sounds a bit crazy...  how is he doing?  Yay for the countdown on nights in the van!    Happy birthday to your dad!

Margaret, love the pic!

Cathy

Anonymous Guest

Cathy, so happy for you. Great great race. With Boston going back up to 30,000 for 2022, I am guessing four and a half minutes will be good enough for 22 and more importantly 23. I’ve currently got 3:45 for 23, hoping to get a little more at Houston in January.

DH is feeling okay today, he did take a rest day. He finally stopped cramping up maybe around 9 last night, so was able to sleep (and so was I). I ran part of the trail he rode and I can not believe he did that. Super hard. I did a lot of walking (he pointed out that he did a lot of walking too). I ran 2 around the campground then 8 on the trails. That beat me up, so I came back to the van, rested and hydrated, then decided to get the rest of my miles in with another four around the park/campground. Tomorrow we head back to the RV park down the road from the house for a couple nights, then it’s closing time!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

Turtles,  congrats on the BQ!

AnonymousGuest,  glad DH is OK.

Docket_Rocket

Karen, ouch! Glad DH is OK.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

Cathy - Congrats on your BQ!!  That is wild about the pacer situation, I can just picture what you were thinking as he zoomed past.  I"m glad you recovered quickly afterward.  Sounds like a fun weekend, too bad you and Damaris didn't get to meet up.  Happy Birthday to DD, great week for a birthday!  

Karen- glad DH is doing better today!