Womens Running

D-Day Thursday (Read 17 times)

Docket_Rocket

Apparently, sacrum was in place already but piriformis and hip flexor were very tight and pulling.  He did a bunch of pressure points (basically pushing into the areas that hurt and making me cry so bad the cats were jumping on his table to help, lol).  He also taped the heel and now I feel 1000000 better.

Now this is me waiting for the Indy call...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles with 5 x 3 minute intervals. Waited til about 7pm to get out so it was a little cooler, mainly since it wasn't as sunny.

KatS, nice that you didn't have to sit through all day for jury duty.

Lizzie, that sounds like a promising meeting with the builder.

Docket, hope you hear something from Indy soon.

GatsbyBird, what a mix of terrains on that 100k. Did you have to go on the snow after going through the river?

GatsbyBird, what a mix of terrains on that 100k. Did you have to go on the snow after going through the river?

Yep.  We did the snow loop twice (normally you do it once and then you go do a different loop, but that area had too much snow and they could not get the aid station supplies up there).  The first time, we went through the snow and then into the river.  Then, we turned around and did the loop in the other direction, back through the river and into the snow.  But even with the snow, it was hot and the cold water and snow felt good.  I periodically smashed a snowball on the back of my neck to stay cool.

Karen, Lisa -- SOB in 2020!  Who else is doing 50 states that needs Oregon?  I'm happy to bring a sleeping bag and grab some floor space.  Go get that mini house, Karen.  Tell the boy that we're planning a dumb thing.  

Damaris, hope that you get good news about the job.  I bet you could buy something palatial in Indy for what would be considered peanuts in Miami (or where I am).

Lizzie, omg, I can't imaging owning 7 acres!  Sounds so awesome.

Hi to everyone else!

I elected to drink wine tonight instead of doing something active.  I figured the feet could use another day of rest.  Plus my hour commute took 2.5 hours tonight because of a gas leak that shut down the commuter rail system.  

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR