Womens Running

It's Monday Supermoms (Read 20 times)

runnergirl9508

Whew, what a weekend- I'm tired!

RR: 5ish today on my break at work, maybe a double w/ R this afternoon, but not likely as we're supposed to get t'storms later on. Bummer. The downside of working FT is that i can only run 5-6 miles/day during the week due to a short 45 min lunch break Sad

TR: had a BLAST on Saturday at his party! he loved having all the cousins around, and the next door neighbors two grandsons stopped by too. My parents got him a tricycle, and he clapped when he saw it. He was in a great mood all weekend too.

NRR: exhausted from the weekend. We had my parents, the IL"s and my brother here Fri and Sat night, so i did a ton of cooking, baking, cleaning. Working 6-1 all week this week, then we have to travel next weekend up to the IL's for a clam steam (barf says the only vegetarian in the family)

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

can't stop sneezing..damn allergies!

RR - 2x2.5K tempo, 9K total on the gym TM.

TR - he was totally dirty and sweaty from running around at the playground, and he emptied my giant basket of clean laundry on the floor and lay down in it.

FR - asian tuna salad

~~~~~

rg - I wish I could get 5-6 miles in 45 min!  I train 2 30 min clients and then have a 90 min break and then train 2 more 1 hour clients.  It takes me a few min to get on the TM b/c I have to pee, change shoes, apply bodyglide, grab headphones/towel/water and then I have to allot time to clean up after, I just use baby wipes and deodorant but still takes a bit of time there too.  I will barely get in my 9K in the 90 minutes.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CTimesTwo

Morning,

RR - 4.5 miles in the dark... "feels like" temp of 77F at 5am.. nothing about this run felt good...seemed like all the muscles in my legs were tight and I just had a massage last week.. it was so humid I felt like i was gasping for air..

TR - went to a church yesterday that had a nursery where we could drop C off during the service... she cried the entire time.. she only stopped when the worker put her in the playpen and covered it with a blanket so it was like a tent...every time she heard the door open she'd sit up and when it wasn't DH or I, she'd lay back down... breaks my heart to hear how sad she was...

NRR - complaining coworker is back from vacation today... I really hope she's in a better mood... stayed up past my bedtime to watch my friend finish Ironman Louisville and I'm sleepy...

rg - glad R had such a great time at his birthday party!  Entertaining can be exhausting... hope the rain holds off for you this afternoon!

zorbs - I hear ya on the allergies... woke up sneezing yesterday, and later drove by a guy mowing his lawn and just the smell of the fresh cut grass caused my eyes to tear up..

running eh

RR - had a nice 15 yesterday (need to get the bathroom break stuff figured out though).  Need 4-5 recovery today but didn't drag myself out of bed early enough for it this morning.  It going to be a week of early mornings, so I opted for sleep today.

NRR - My crown fell out this weekend.  Now I have a big gap in my mouth - guess I will need to book a dentist appt. Sad

KR - last week of summer break here, should probably do something fun - they had a great time camping though.

FR - pork chops and roasted veggies.

RG - sounds like a busy but fun weekend, glad you everyone, especially R, had a great time!  A clam steam sounds like fun to me, but I guess not if you are a vegetarian!

zorbs - so frustrating about the laundry!  have a good tempo!

cx2 - funny that C liked the tent at the church nursery!  We have a nursery at our church too, but usually we get the parents if the children don't settle.  It is humid today, sorry about the crappy run.

mrszackmorris

rr: had a great half relay on Saturday. So much fun. Knee is a bit sore so I'm going to take another day or two off before I get super serious about half training for the next 5 weeks.

kr: finally put her tooth under her pillow but wrote a note asking the tooth fairy if she could keep her first tooth.

tr: took the girls to despicable me 2 and dd2 fell asleep since it was during naptime.

br: is so completely attached to me.

nrr: last week before school starts so we are going to make the most of it despite the 90 degree temps.

fr: pulled BBQ chicken sandwiches. Cannot forget to put it all in the crockpot!

mrszackmorris

rg: kind of crazy to think about all of our babies turning 2!

zorbs: ewww to the laundry. dd1 has insisted on folding the laundry. She does okay but I usually have to fix stuff before I put it away.

cx2: I wish we had a drop off nursery or Sunday school during the church service.

eh: good luck with the crown! We are camping again this weekend with the kids. Did you tent camp?

RR: 6m before work, will do core while I watch TV tonight :-)

NRR: DS's birthday party was a success.  Taking 6 6 y.o. boys to the movies is an adventure.  Especially after taking them all out to lunch.  we had some time to kill between lunch and movie so I ran them around the building a few times and that seemed to do the trick.  Had to send DH to the restroom with them before the movie just to ensure they didn't get outta hand in bathroom. Then home for the family portion of the day as all the grandparents came over and we grilled out and opened presents.

RG: I can think of so many more downsides to working FT! as I am about to walk into a horrendous Management meeting..

Zorbs: whats asian tuna salad?

Cx2: good luck with the complainer!

Eh: take the day off - you ran 15 yesterday!! Feet up!

Erniegirl

RR - 5k + core

TR - My mom and I took her to the beach for six hours yesterday, which was fun but exhausting. She pretty much ran in and out of the water and all over the beach the entire time. She is pretty bold. She just walks over to groups of kids of any age, says "hi" and sits down and starts playing with them. She also kept going up to other people and putting her hand out for  food even though we had a full picnic of our own - I guess other people's food is more exciting.

FR - Shrimp with couscous, red pepper and broccoli

NRR - Huge, noisy thunderstorm woke DH and I up early this morning, but S slept right through it. I didn't really fall back into a good sleep after that, so I really should have just got up and cleaned the kitchen, which is a total disaster.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

running eh

mzm - how did you like Despicable Me 2?  DH took the kids to Planes on the weekend and I went grocery shopping w. only one child - it was wonderful.  We did tent camp. DH and I have an inflatable mattress, but it had a hole, every morning we would wake up on the ground Smile  Glad the relay was fun!

dexy - the Birthday party sounds fun!  Glad it went smoothly.  DD always tells me that her grade 1 teacher has to remind the boys that the bathroom isn't a McDonalds playplace.  Way to get that run done early!

ernie - love that DD was asking for food from other people's picnics.  Did she get anything good?  Your FR sounds wonderful again!  Have fun cleaning the kitchen.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

cx2 - you have done the Detroit marathon, right? I heard about this Detroit Women's HM that is going on my list for next year.

eh - people seem surprised to know that I take big stops during LRs with no problem..just like when we came across bleeding dude...just stop and take gels & water, bush stop if necessary.  I don't think it has hurt my race performance.

mrszm - do you have a recipe for pulled chicken? I recently had pulled pork for the first time ever and liked it, I wouldn't mind making it at home.

dexy - http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/asian_tuna_salad/ omg, I haven't thought about what boy bday parties will be like in the future.

ernie - the tstorm was bright but not noisy here.  hmm, I just looked out the window and a nasty one is brewing right now.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

mrszackmorris

zorbs:

bottle of BBQ sauce

1/2 cup Italian dressing

1/4 brown sugar

2T worcestershire sauce

salt and pepper

mix altogether and pour over 3# frozen chicken breasts in a crockpot. Cook on low for 8 hours. Shred and mix after 7 hours.

runnergirl9508

it's super quiet here today, where is everyone?

zorbs- great job getting the tempo run done! lol, R loves to climb in the laundry baskets too, and usually pulls a blanket and book in with him. it's cute. bummer on the allergies, hope you can get some relief soon. i wish i could just wear my running clothes to work- that would eliminate the 5 minutes it takes me to change into my running stuff, shoes, grab garmin, pee before my run. I take a quick shower after my run- don't wash my hair as i wash it in the morning before work.

cx2- it was very humid today, luckily it started raining less than 2 minutes into my run, and it felt great! awww, poor C! i know R would cry if we left him w/ strangers too. congrats to your IM friend, that's so impressive. yes, entertaining is really tiring!

reh- nice job on the 15! for the bathroom breaks- try immodium after you "go" in the morning- it kept me from having to stop during my marathon in may. boo on the crown falling out! i hate dental work- i don't mind getting my teeth cleaned, but i despise anything else. glad the kids enjoyed the camping trip.

mrszm- yeah, it's kinda weird to have a 2yo already?! which half relay did you do? that sounds like a fun race. our local marathon used to have a 3-person relay, and i did that a bunch of times.

Dexy- nice run this morning! yay for a successful party! wow, brave taking all those boys to the movie, but i'm glad they all behaved for you. yeah, i don't miss working FT at all (other than the paycheck). i like working part-time/per diem- it's just enough hrs to get me out of the house, but i still get to see R a lot, and i don't have to deal with the drama at work.

ernie- ugh, R sleeps thru all the storms too, but i'm always awake! wow, S is quite a social butterfly. i bet the time on the beach was great! R loved the day we spent at the beach on vacation earlier this month. he just ran laps all around the beach.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Erniegirl

rg - Squeezing 5-6 miles into a 45-minute break is really good time management! Glad R's party was a success. Clam steam sounds like fun, but hopefully they also have some veggie options for you! I didn't realize you were fully vegetarian - for some reason I thought you ate fish.

zorbs - Boo on the laundry getting dirtied up again! It is definitely peak allergy time right now - my eyes have been itchy for the past week.

cx2 - My legs always feel tight and heavy when it's really humid. Poor C in the nursery Sad She probably just needs a couple of times to get used to it and then she'll be happier. Funny she liked being covered up in the playpen though!

eh - Nice job on your run yesterday! That is so annoying about the crown falling out - those things cost so much they should stay in forever. S did steal some good food - people gave her some nice big pieces of watermelon, grapes and some zesty cheddar Doritos. She is such a food thief, you'd think I wasn't feeding her at home.

mrszm - Glad the relay was fun! I have the same problem with S being super attached to me. It's nice to feel loved and all, but it can be a bit much.

Dexy - I'm a fan of the core workout/watching TV combo as well Smile

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15