Womens Running

Why, Hello WEEKEND! (DAILIES) (Read 22 times)

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie I'd have been temped to reply with "I have such a great role model for management skill with you" and left it at that.  Since he's so passive aggressive I'd return the favor. Course I've gotten to the point where I no longer filter what comes out of my mouth.

I got up early and did 3 before the farrier came then had to go get my oil changed.  When we got back I did another 5.  I have Walmart this morning and then 10 today.

Congratulations Sue!  Lovely pictures on FB, you look so happy.

Nice RR Damaris.

Waiting to hear from Margaret and her 50.

Wow Karen that's a lot of runners.  Like others said, you've found your calling.

Kat I'm afraid I'm one of those cheap asses...with 4 dogs, 3 horses and 5 cats I can't afford heartworm meds.  Just shots cost me a lot.  When I had one dog I did treat him but then we moved here.

Ginny saw on FB you did a run!  How fantastic.

Finishing coffee so have to get up and get going.  Have a great day.

Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting and indoor

Docket_Rocket

Yay, Susan!!! Congratulations!

Liz, oh, no.  Never experienced that.  Hoping it won't happen to you again.

Diane, go!

I have 8 miles tonight.  OTF looks really nice but it's the second week I'm skipping it because I have no time. This time is my hair. It's gray and pink; it needs to be dyed today...for the grey mostly.  Damn my mom.

My BP is again super high. I think it's the prednisone wrecking my body and taking it's sweet time, but hubby wants to put me back on the meds. Remember how bad I felt doing marathons (if I finished them?)  That could be back and I really don't want that.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lovely picture, Crazysue!  

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Half Crazy K 2.0

10 miles this morning. First run in a long time that I did not need to stop in a convenience store for water, well really, I just want to stand in the AC and it's more acceptable to do that when I buy something.

Lizzie, we didn't get the worst of the rain, still got about 2 inches, but other areas got 5. Do you have any sort of back issues? Or is it more a cramping issue?

CrazySue, congratulations!

LC Runs

Just wanted to jump in and say

"Congrats" Sue!!  Beautiful picture!!

dhuffman63

Trails

Sorry Kat these non face to face things it's hard to convey a tongue in cheek reply.

Busy today, went grocery shopping, made banana bread, made potato salad, did laundry, made chicken breasts for dinner, did my 10 miles.  I'm tired.  Looking to relaxing at work .

Lizzie I've had my knees lock up like that, no rhyme or reason, and it comes and goes so fast.

Arimathea

Tessa

Congratulations to Susan and DBF => DF => now DH!

Kat, DD is liking it very much here. She's making friends, both at work and outside, and is getting involved in a couple of groups. One of her hiking group buddies told her about a hike near here and we went this afternoon, 6.2 miles, very steep in parts and DD was feeling it but the view from the top was worth it. Only problem was the amount of poison oak growing on the trail -- oh, and the yellow jackets. People on the trail said they saw a moose but we did not see it. We did see wild turkeys though.

Damaris, great race report! Yes it was hotter last year, but not by much. Which Utah race are you doing? Glad the race was so supported, I remember how great the spectators and residents were about providing hoses, water, popsicles, drinks, just about anything you could need. I bet if you had asked one of the people watching from their front yard if they had vaseline they would have gone inside and got some for you.

Now back at DD's and cooking dinner. Spaghetti tahdig. Making enough sauce for several meals, there is pizza on the menu this week also.

Liz, send some of the rain this way please. Lots of fires and we could definitely use precipitation.

Cathy, your posts always make me smile!

So 10 miles yesterday, and 5 this morning before church. I went to the cathedral downtown this week, next Sunday will probably check out the church near DD's house since it is St. Stephen's which is also my home parish. We are going to be busy next Sunday with her friends, there's a party and potluck at someone's country ranch.

Back to the stove, later...

Mini Tahoe Rim Trail 50 race report:

Hi folks!  I'm back from Lake Tahoe.  Finished the Tahoe Rim Trail 50 yesterday.  My second 50 mile race!  And my first in my new age group.    My goal was to finish in 14 hours, and I came close (14:14).  Felt great through mile 30, then slowed way down for a couple of the climbs.  But then the last 7 miles were mostly downhill so I was able to make up some time there.  All in all, I felt good about my training and preparation for the race.  There was never a time when I felt that I couldn't do it and I'm proud of that, considering that the race was at high altitude (averaged about 8000, up to 9200'), in hot weather (90s), with over 9000' of climbing.  Feel okay today, although some of my toes are a little sore and some toenails might be sacrificed.  

I need to catch up on what everyone was up, but I know that CrazySue had a busy weekend!  Congratulations!!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Congratulations to Susan and DBF => DF => now DH!

Kat, DD is liking it very much here. She's making friends, both at work and outside, and is getting involved in a couple of groups. One of her hiking group buddies told her about a hike near here and we went this afternoon, 6.2 miles, very steep in parts and DD was feeling it but the view from the top was worth it. Only problem was the amount of poison oak growing on the trail -- oh, and the yellow jackets. People on the trail said they saw a moose but we did not see it. We did see wild turkeys though.

Damaris, great race report! Yes it was hotter last year, but not by much. Which Utah race are you doing? Glad the race was so supported, I remember how great the spectators and residents were about providing hoses, water, popsicles, drinks, just about anything you could need. I bet if you had asked one of the people watching from their front yard if they had vaseline they would have gone inside and got some for you.

Now back at DD's and cooking dinner. Spaghetti tahdig. Making enough sauce for several meals, there is pizza on the menu this week also.

Liz, send some of the rain this way please. Lots of fires and we could definitely use precipitation.

Cathy, your posts always make me smile!

So 10 miles yesterday, and 5 this morning before church. I went to the cathedral downtown this week, next Sunday will probably check out the church near DD's house since it is St. Stephen's which is also my home parish. We are going to be busy next Sunday with her friends, there's a party and potluck at someone's country ranch.

Back to the stove, later...

I think I didn't see many residents until after I had found vaseline, but yeah, they were awesome.  Some had the World Cup scoring for us to know too!  I am doing a very new race (third year running), called the East Canyon Marathon, just outside Salt Lake City. It starts at 8000 ft and ends at around 5000.  PR city if I can breathe!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Congrats, Margaret!! Awesome job!

Damaris

Fundraising Page