Womens Running

Ta Da Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

Just like that Monday is GONE!

Off to the gym!

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

I like that "Ta da!" Onward to Wednesday!

Monday was 35 minutes running on the track, then 35 minutes cardio dvd when I got home. The shoes are wonderful.

There was a small party at work today with a big cake. The cake part was good, but the icing tasted like gluey chemicals. What do grocery store bakery people do to make the stuff? It's like whipped lard. It was supposed to be cream cheese icing. I hereby take a vow that I will never eat the stuff again.  I'd rather eat a piece of celery.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

Morning....Hope all have a great day!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Good Morning!!  Did four miles this morning with some marathon pace intervals mixed in.

This afternoon I have to return to the bike shop for some adjustments.  The handlebar stem is loose and I am wondering if there is a catch on one of the chain sprockets.

Judy--I agree.  I usually scrape the icing off a store bought cake.  Ick.

Have a smiley Tuesday!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Sorry for being MIA, but the trip to PR was short and too busy for me to check in.  We ran the Puerto Rico Half Marathon in better weather than Miami.  Figure that one out.  I didn't even get any pain and we had fun.

Yesterday was my 6 week follow up appointment and everything is great.  He cleared me up for everything, so I did 6 miles and pushups and situps.  Stupid core will take a while to go back the way it was.

7 miles tonight.  Maybe weights.

Lisa, enjoy the gym.  My sleuthing didn't show up anything concerning.

Judy, I like frosting but you're right.  But celery????

Ginny, morning!  Hope you have a great day too!

Sue, nice miles.

Have a nice day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

ginnyb

Deep breaths........it's going to be one of those days at work today.....

ginny

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

So it's snowing. Sigh. I don't think it's gong to stick to the roads, at least it hasn't yet. I got in to the office about 7:30, started snowing about 8. Supposed to keep going all day, but only end up with 1-3 inches. And it's above freezing so so far the streets and sidewalks are wet but not covered. I'm glad I got my 7 miles in yesterday - today will just be a spin on the bike in the basement.

I had a meeting with my boss this morning and she told me she's retiring at the end of the year, and that's one reason she's been pushing me to get up to speed on my programs so quickly. She plans to promote me at my first annual review (October) from manager to director, and she will just be on retainer to help with any problems that come up, but I will be in charge and running them by then. She has run them since they started 12 years ago - even the person I replaced was more of administrative/manager type while my boss ran the overall programs. A little scary. And also a little concerning that I seem to finally have the opportunity for a "career" as opposed to just another job, and we will most likely be moving away in a couple years. It also sucks because I've learned so much from her already in the short time I've been here and was looking forward to a few more years of that. She's really become a great mentor in a short period of time.

Damaris, so glad you had fun at the PR half. And no pain!! Sounds like the surgery was absolutely the right thing to do.

Hi to all.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Ginny, hugs!

Karen, that is awesome!  Congratulations.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, thanks for the giggle about "snow cones". I was thinking of those big barrels that they use for highway construction marking purposes or the cones that they use to separate the lanes when they have contraflow on one side of the highway so that they can work on the other side of it without traffic. Driving through SD, WY, CO, UT, etc. in the summer it seems as if most of the roads are lined with those things.

Ginny, hope the day improves.

Judy, buttercream is good. Store icing is not.

Karen, Sis said the snow was pretty. She is in northern VA this week. I take it you are not of the same opinion. Congratulations on the probable promotion, would your boss maybe stay on as a part time consultant for a while so you can still access her experience?

Damaris, you certainly do run all over the place. Wow.

Marjorie, how is the painting going?

Susan, hope the bike can be adjusted to your satisfaction.

4 this morning with RN. She was first kvetching about how long Lent is, then worrying about how little time there is until Boston, then she realised that Boston is the day after Easter. I laughed. She did not think it was funny.

Gym at lunch, I hope. Crazy day again!

ginnyb

Unfortunately my day has not improved, work still in an uproar and to top it off it is snowing again!  Tessa, want a roommate?  It is warm and sunny, right?

Ginny

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

9.2 for me and Pilates and an ART appointment. He worked the ligaments today. Ouch

Tessa haven't painted the living room yet. It will take several days.  I need dh home when I do it so he can assist with the ladder. It is so heavy to get it set up by myself. Maybe I can get him to do that on Sat and I can get most done this weekend. At least all the high stuff and most the other areas. I found a special tool online for the brush that will help tremendously with the windiws. It should be here tomorrow.

Judy I agree that frosting us so gross. Not even close to home made.

Damaris us glad you are cleared for everything

Karen yuck more snow!  It is only in the 50s here today. We should be 80.  Work sounds a bit bitter sweet

Ginny sorry the the weather there just sucks too.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Yes!  the dogs needed new tags. I found one, no lie, with a picture of a big octopus on it for Hammy. So it will be here probably next week. All qustomized with his name our address and phone numbers.

It isn't purple, it is blue but still. I couldn't believe I found it. Got Quincy one with a different picture on it.

They are house shaped.

Guess you can find anything now a days. Just a fluke I googled octopus dog ID tags send there it was.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Marjorie, lucky Hammy to have that tag!

Ginny, actually it is cold and foggy here. I'm pulling out the turtlenecks and wool skirts again. Though yes we do have guest space now!

Finished with class, about ready to go to bed.