Womens Running

HUMP day Wednesdays! (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

What a day! This place makes me so angry sometimes. AHHH.

Turned out to be a really nice day though! Sun is out and its about 80 degrees. I am glad I took Ruger to daycare today Smile

Sandy – Enjoy your rest day! Jealous of your extra sleep! I hope you have fun tonight!! Let us know how it goes  Smile I was just giving you a hard time about the late nights  Smile  I get super anxious if I am out past my bedtime on a weeknight. Only because I know I have to get up so EARLY. The forecast is not telling me dewpoint just yet..but the “real feel” is right on with the temp so I am assuming it would be a pleasant 60 degrees. It is saying rain the day after the race..so chance that the rain moves to race day..we will see. Too early to stress! I am considering the AZ marathon, also. I will have to see.. Flights there are expensive!!

Laura – Oh man..glad the basement is under control! Do you know what is causing it? Or is it just something that happens when you have a basement? Richmond doesn’t have many basements which is weird. But my parents have one (they are only 40 miles north) and I only remember it leaking once. Nice job on the miles! The job is the same job I have now – Facilities Management. This is on a different account with a different company. Our “sister” company. I would be traveling more and have more schedule flexibility. A LOT more room for growth. The money should be about the same since the client I would be working for is similar to the client I have now. We will see. You ran in JEANS?! HOW?! I saw this meme the other day that said “I know someone who relaxes in jeans at home. WHO DOES THAT” LOL.

Susan – Cutting the grass already?! You were productive for a Tuesday like Monday  Smile

Judy – Have a good run today!

Diane – Nice 5 last night! I would LLOOVVEEE to have a 31 high. Trade? I have hope that you will have great weather for race day. That is the start of Spring! Congrats to your DD!! How exciting!

Kilmisters – Ah, the warm up for the legs makes sense! You know, because the first 2 miles of a run usually suck haha. I am guessing your boss is feeling better?! Wasn’t she out sick? Too funny about the lawyer..maybe she was bored  Smile Smart to take a rest day!

Cathy -  You are probably right – your foot choose the perfect season to not feel so great  Smile Lucky for your DD’s! Is it a teacher workday type thing? I am sure they didn’t think of going to the dentist as the perfect thing to do on their day off  Smile hehe. I might do the dog DNA..that sounds cool. I guess when HCBF adopted Ruger they told him he was a mix between beagle bulldog..but I defiantly think there is some boxer in there too.

Docket – You are used to these temps, I am not! Haha. Good luck on the 8 tonight! I am surprised you ran outside yesterday!

Kathryn – LOL Happy Humping is EVERYONE’S option. Hahahaha. My interview is at 11:30! I am so excited for yoouuuuuuu!!! You need to take a picture of what you end up wearing Smile

Back to it! Have a great afternoon everyone! No big plans for me tonight except SLEEEEEP.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Seloc

Lizzie – OMG, 80*?!!!  I’m crying over here.  Close to 0* in the morning for us.  Oh, I’m with you on the “late” nights.  The meeting last night went over by about 20min and I just kept watching the clock and getting anxious haha  And I do not get up NEARLY as early as you but gramma likes her sleep!  I’m going to start weather stalking your race now hee hee.  Intellicast shows dewpoint but only goes out to 3/2 as of today.  Hope you get some good sleep tonight – REST DAY tomorrow!  And interview day!  You are going to ROCK.  IT.  OUT!!

Elina – ahhhhhhhh  rest.  Poor kitty kat!!  That is pretty funny about preggo attorney coworker but I bet she’s just bored and anxious for baby to come!  You were probably a welcomed distraction for her.  Your boss sure seems to know you well!  That’s awesome you click so well.  LOL at mini-K and her smiles.  So cute.  Here’s hoping she gives mama more than 4hours of sleep tonight!!

Kat – yup, wouldn’t mind happily humping around today ha ha.  Happy to see you all fired up and excited for this little race!!  Yes, for SURE you need to take a pic when you are all ready to roll.  And a pic with ALL of you!!

Damaris – here’s for a better 8mi tonight.  I sure would love your warm temps but you can keep that humidity.

Laura – did you name the new little pupper?  Maybe I missed that.  OMG I want one now.  Did you get up when she whined in the night or do you leave them be like a child?  LOL omg I’m cracking up at you running in jeans to get your mile in!!  Hahaha – that’s awesome.  I would have been broiling hot.  Oh, and I meant to say yesterday – you have a pretty sweet team for them to cover for you and you did not return from your vacation to a pile.  I wish I had coworkers like that!

Cathy – happy Friday but bummer to being on-call.  I am SUPER pumped my on-call week is up as of this morning and I took Friday off just because.  Told my team I’m not even going to look at emails!  That is seriously the cutest picture ever of you and DD.  I love her braids, too!

Looking forward to practice but cannot WAIT to get home.  Sleeeeeepy.  Have a good night!!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

I'm gonna look like a thief.  All black, unless I wear my fuzzy warm ear knitted hat.  With ears.  It was race swag.  Temps are even a few degrees worse.  One site said 41 as a high.  You re joking me....

Terribly bored and antsy here today at work.  Torrential rains earlier kept the customers away.

Ho hum....

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

Rest day for me today. I thought I'd ride my bike, but ended up doing nothing.

Diane, I agree with Cathy, I think that is a reasonable goal for the 50k. And I want to hear all about the race, I was looking around for a 50 miler to run as a training run for the 100 (if I decide to try to run a 100) and their fall race fits really well timing wise.

Liz, good luck tomorrow. You don't need it, but good luck anyway.

Cathy, I love the pic of you and DD. I don't think I ever commented on her jump rope for heart when they had all kinds of competitions and she won them all. I think that is so awesome, as is she.

Hi to all!

karen.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

6.93 with 10 x 2 minute intervals. It was about 80 when I ran, really not used to that. It really looked like a storm was going to come through. It's one thing to be running during snow, which would be more like February, but not a thunderstorm.

Docket_Rocket

I have worked 22 hours in the last two days (combined, of course, lol), so happy to have done all my runs.  My 8 felt quick.  Like the run went by fast.  Not many of my runs feel like that.  Like the 18 miler didn't feel short, lol.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

Rest day for me today. I thought I'd ride my bike, but ended up doing nothing.

Diane, I agree with Cathy, I think that is a reasonable goal for the 50k. And I want to hear all about the race, I was looking around for a 50 miler to run as a training run for the 100 (if I decide to try to run a 100) and their fall race fits really well timing wise.

Liz, good luck tomorrow. You don't need it, but good luck anyway.

Cathy, I love the pic of you and DD. I don't think I ever commented on her jump rope for heart when they had all kinds of competitions and she won them all. I think that is so awesome, as is she.

Hi to all!

karen.

Which fall race Karen?  PH?

Anonymous Guest

Which fall race Karen?  PH?

Prairie Spirit in KS. I guess the fall version is called the Kansas Full Ultra Extravaganza, but looks like it's the same course and run by the same people. http://www.ultraextravaganza.com/race-information.html

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel