Womens Running

Wake up Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 21 times)

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- R gets a single chocolate chip or a single skittle for potty success. They do one skittle at daycare. A few days ago I swear he was peeing every 5 minutes and he was starting to get sugared up. I suppose you could cut up a mini and use one for the day?

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

mrszackmorris

Zorbs: there are many more school lunch regulations that public schools must follow. Like offering veggies and fruit at every meal, etc and that each kid must take a serving of everything they offer even if they through it away. Yesterday was chicken nuggets and broccoli and fruit. The high schoolers have more options like salad bar every day.

runnergirl9508

RR: just over 5 with R this morning. Felt great and he chattered the whole way. Beautiful fall weather.

TR: played at the park for over an hr after our run. Loves to mimic everything we do: using keys to unlock the door, walk the dog, sweep the floor.

NRR: trained this morning for a couple of hrs, class again tomorrow. DH is working 10-6  now, so he's home for dinner which is awesome!!!

FR: cilantro jalapeño hummus, yummy!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

BermyHorse

RR: just over 5m today with 2m of hill repeats - a 1min climb and jog back x8. Phew, after 2m w/u that was beasty. Good though. I had that lactic acid build up in my forearms again. crazy! And i wore my tiny shorts with bra top (which matched my sayonaras), and yep, they are tiny which a) makes me run faster and b) makes me pretend I am a pro athlete. Of course there were 6 workmen outside my house when I got back and I completely died of embarrassment. I wanted to shout "I'm a mom, I'm a mom".

NRR: had that recurrent dream about ex-coworker. I was feeding him a juicy fig. wtf.

NRR2: going to lrs to get racing flats today. am excited. crafts with DS. trying symmetry painting - as in finger paints and then fold paper. I am going to make a book with all his little projects and art in it.

TR: has nasty chafe from sitter yesterday from running around in a wet swim diaper and shorts - rubbed raw. Two strikes lady (the sunburn before). Three strikes and you're gone. She is superb otherwise.

FR: pork tenderloin. Onto high protein and veggie part of diet. 2 days. I find these two days the hardest. I still keep in enduromax and have a slice of sprouted grain toast for b-fast.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

L e e l a

Ugh, looking like I won't make it back around for personals ... so much to get done during naptime.  But I wanted to answer Ernie's question: yes, DH and I are planning on running the Richmond Full together, as in not just both run it but match each other step for step!

beckykay

Zorbs:  I took it a step further, I showed it to him and if I peed I got one first Smile  Then he was all about wanting one for himself.

Leela:  How awesome is that!  DH will never run with me, even when I try and run at his pace - he tries to beat me.

Bermy:  Ugh, what is wrong with people...It is like no one has any common sense anymore.  Sunscreens and changing wet diapers seem like something you wouldn't have tell someone to do.

Ok, back to page one.

beckykay

Spike:  The job that was promised to DH last year is coming open again next month, only he would work where we currently live rather than moving.  Best of both worlds.  I'm not holding my breath but it would double his current salary.

Ernie:  I can't get C to sit still, ever.  At his therapy appointments we all have to remind him a million times to sit down.  Le sigh.

Cx2: I would have to say no bacon at midnight, I hate waking up to that greasy heavy smell in the kitchen.

CA:  I am so jealous.  I would love to have my parents closer.  It is like pulling teeth to get them to visit....

At home for the rest of the afternoon.  Bossman wants to Skype when he gets out of court.  Ugh, seriously?  I am only not there ONE afternoon a week.

running eh

RR#2 - had an errand to do in a city about 1/2 an hour away.  There is an AMAZING paved path that winds through a golf course and beside a river.  Did 6.5miles with the stroller.  It was so nice.  Need to slow down a bit though.
                  NRR#2 - Dentist just said "let me know when you are ready and we will do the implant"  looks like that is the best option but it is the most costly.  Oh, and I have to go back in two weeks to have a few fillings replaced on the other side of my mouth.  I think I am fully funding my dentist's retirement.

cx2 - glad C had a successful day at daycare.  I bet she eats food at daycare.  I am always amazed at what my kids eat when they go places.  I don't know if it is the peer pressure of watching other kids eat or what, but I wish they'd eat like that at home.

arm - hope that butt pain gets figured out.  Love that DD was so popular!  what's up w. DH?

mzm - OH NO!!  Were you running when you hurt that knee??  That sounds so painful.  Glad you survived kindergarten!!

becky - glad that C loves the desk.  Did you put it in his room or somewhere else?

ernie - did you brave the pool?  Seems too cold to me.  Glad DD was happy to be back at the community centre.  DD hasn't had much stroller time for a while so I was nervous about it.  She brought a snack and then I would play games with her. - count the birds, animal sounds, do you see the golfers.....etc

CA - glad the house looks promising.  I can't believe you have to go back to work already, how sad!!  That time flew for me, I can't imagine how fast it went for you!  Hope you can get that meal plan in order, so much less stress that way!

leela - glad you are posting on here.  I love hearing about your training.  You include great detail, plus we are training for the same thing - so excited!!  Glad DH is on board w. the pace.  Will you train together a lot too?  Let me know what you think of the squash!!

spike - that would be an awesome raise, but adding two hours onto the work day would be tough!  Nice run this morning - glad Joan had some options for you.  I am totally on the look out for portapotties now - DH is looking for them for me too.  RG is a great coach!!  Having a coach is so motivating too!

running eh

rg - so nice that DH is working days now.  What time does he get home?  That is still a late dinner, but nice that he is home in the evenings!  What are you doing w. DS when you are both working or have you been able to make the schedules work.  That hummus sounds good.  I find I eat tons of hummus for a week or two and then I go off of it for a while.

bermy - oh, racing flats, how fun!  Tell us what you end up getting.  You are amazing, all that hard work you are putting in is going to pay off huge!  How long have you been doing the new diet?  It sounds interesting - is it meant for athletes or is it meant for weight loss?

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

My parents bought the house!! YAY!

Bermy - sounds like my run yesterday, hard and challenging, but I love hills for that! lol on the coworker dream! Sad on the baby chafe, I hope she doesn't strike again!

RG - I'm loving this fall weather, and the paths smell so good w/ the leaves starting to change. Awesome having DH around for dinner!

zorbs - go B on the potty!!! Hope the cramps mean no headache! I still haven't had an AF post O, but think I won't w/ my IUD (fingers crossed).

r-eh - booo to the dentist! Do you have dental coverage? Nice job on the run!!

cx2 - I think it's pretty normal for kids to eat more at daycare/ away from home. yuck on the bacon, that's something my dh would do. He often makes coffee as I'm going to bed, I always sleep w/ the door shut so the smells don't bug me in my sleep.

arm - hope the chiro helps! Sounds like it might be piriformis syndrome? roll your butt w/ a tennis ball, and sit on an ice pack - that always helps mine.

mzm - ouch on the knee!! I hope it and your hip feel better asap!

becky - booo, hope you feel better. nice job on the speech therapy c!!

ernie - mmm trout!! I hope you get to swim!

leela - I agree, love having you post your details here, especially since I'm just a month behind in marathon training, and am hoping to do a BQ try next spring. Mmm stuffed squash! i'm excited for fall cooking!

spike - yay for a porta pottie!! I totally know every bathroom on every route I run, and don't go out w/o a plan. Good luck w the job.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

running eh

CA - So thrilled that your parents bought the house.  How close is it to you?

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

r-eh - they'll be about 40 minutes away, which is a nice distance, close enough to see often but not to drop in unannounced Smile

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/