Icy Friday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.   :::scrape, scrape:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thursday I finally started feeling much better at work. I went to the track and did 45 glorious minutes running. It felt so GOOD to be on the track. I could forget everything and throw caution to the winds.  When I’m on the TM here in my apartment complex I’m always very cautious not to be thrown. A friend ended up with shoulder surgery when she was tossed off it. and she was only walking. Cry

Today I plan to go to the track again.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

Judy, it's nice that you are on the track again!

Karen, I read your 50 mil race report.  I'm really impressed you were able to run and pass people at the end...after 40+miles.   Great job! I hope you're feeling better.

Lisa, thanks for the info on the chicken shots. It sounds like they work pretty well.  Here are a couple links for the other nerdy ones on the board.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24231593

http://www.webmd.com/osteoarthritis/news/20011116/chicken-shots-may-replace-knee-replacement-in-some?page=2

Tessa, that's actually a good thought on the shoes. I've worn my shoes more for walking than usual, so maybe they're ready to rotate.

Ginny, 308 people?  That seems like a large turnout to me!   I'm glad it went well.  Now you  get to enjoy the decorated house! I haven't started decorating, but plan to this afternoon and weekend.

Gatsby, LOL on the ice cream streak! Good luck this weekend!

Sue, it's warm (near 70) and humid here, too, with frequent showers.  Weird for December, I think, but temps supposed to drop sharply today.

Marjorie, when is your next trip?

I did 30 min on gym's treadmill yesterday with zero elevation and the pain switched to my outer hip again this a.m.  It's still intermittent-mainly hurts when I try to straighten up after sitting or lying with hips flexed and leg in. Otherwise, I'm mostly pain free, so what's a doc going to say?   I did a round of anti-inflammatories and started another yesterday.  From reading, it almost sounds like the labrum.  It's been nearly 4 weeks. I did the half and was OK, but did a couple hilly hikes soon after and the pain started the day after one of them. I have an appt. with my PMD on Monday and will mention it to her.

On a happier note, I'm going to work at the clinic this a.m. First time I've been able to this fall. It'll be nice to see everyone!

Bikerchick1

Judy - Yes, have to be careful on those TM's....I fell backwards off one once!  Glad you are back exercising!!

Camille - What kind of a clinic do you work at?  I didn't realize you still worked....I bet that is fun!  Thanks for the info for us "nerdy" people on the check shot Wink  So what is a PMD???

Gatsbybird - I am now 8 days into my streak....unfortunately there is no ice cream involved Sad   It has forced me to get a run in...after work when I really didn't want to!  Goal is at least 1 mile daily....well....ya can't just do 1 mile LOL!

day off...woohoo.  We are heading out to do some Christmas shopping/lunch.....should be fun.  Will run later tonight.

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies! Sorry for being MIA for two days but I have been busy and without much time to come here often.  I have not run much as my fibroids have been hurting, went to the OBGYBN and he recommends I take my uterus out and got my asthma follow up appointment and saw no improvement but no reduction of breathing.  All good, I guess.

Travel tonight to Chicago for hubby's interview.  We'll be freezing!

Judy, nice workout yesterday.  Enjoy the track today.

camille, sorry about the hip.  Feel better.

Karen, great RR!

Biker, enjoy your day off, woot!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Hey all, rest day for me today. I have to head straight home from work, change into something nice and go to DH's work Christmas party. It may actually be fun - it's at the Air and Space Museum out at Dulles. Apparently they have one of the space shuttles, the Enola Gay, and lots of other stuff. Dinner and full run of the museum.

Haven't been very good at personals lately. Sorry about that.

Lisa, sorry you're still having knee problems. That really sucks.

Ginny, the house tour sounds like it was a success. A lot of work, but a success. Is it the Christmas Story race that is this weekend?

Gatsby, nice ice cream streak! You have a way to go to catch up to me though!

Carol, nice streaking! I've been taking a lot of rest days the past few weeks. And enjoying them. I may need to come up with some sort of challenge for myself.

Camille, kinda strange pains you're getting. I have no idea what that could be. Hope the doc can figure it out.

Damaris, enjoy Chicago. Such a fun city. And much better running weather.

We now have a winter weather advisory for Sunday. Not looking good for my 8K. I don't mind running in snow, but getting to the race and back in snow/sleet/ice pellets does not sound like a good idea. Especially if it's the first storm of the winter, people will be even more stupid than normal.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Not icy here.  In fact, very warm.  70's when I ran earlier and it is in the 80's now

10.1.  I pushed it and I don't care.  The hip wasn't terrible.  When it was a little off I would stop and walk around in circles until it eased.  Didn't count my walk time/distance.  Just the running amount.

Lisa, no you don't sound desperate and I was kidding on the definition of chicken shot Smile

Gatsby the hip is getting there.  It allowed me to do more today.  Very slow and the first 4 miles it was totally fine.  Then I started taking some breaks when it would knock on the door, so to speak, so I could keep going.

Camille I'm in Florida all of next week.  That should do it until Jan.  I have a lot going on Jan and Feb and a lot of travel to do those 2 months

Hope the Christmas shopping goes well Carol.

Tomorrow we will get to do puppy pool then take the doggies to get their pics with Santa.  I ordered them the cutest bandanas.  I cannot wait to put them on the pups.

Damaris good luck to DH.

Karen, looks like you will get hit with the weather.

Marjorie

LC Runs

TGIF!

No run for me today..decided I wanted to sleep instead of work out this am Smile

Judy - nice track workout, so glad you are back at it!

Camille - sorry about the hip pain.  Hope your day at the clinic went well!

Carol - hope you had a nice day off.  I have to find a time to get down to the mall, it's hard because I don't have any time off yet.  Will probably go next Sunday and may hit Midland.  I 'hate' not living near stuff like that.  There's only so much I can get at the Outlet here....

Damaris - sorry for the health issues.  I had to lol about your uterus comment, doesn't sound like a very good Doc if he's recommending you take out your own uterus!!  Big grin  J/K, I know fibroids are awful to deal with, hope there's resolution soon.

Karen - hope you have fun at the party, my BF's is next weekend.  Once again, I'm in a job where they combine the party with an all day  mandatory inservice 'and' we have to drive 2 hours to get there, ugh.  BF's work place gives us a nice dinner, free drinks, gifts, etc...and he usually ends up with $100 for top service technician.  I'm in the wrong industry lol

Marjorie - we need to have an FE near you, I love NC and want that weather here!  If I ever have the money and freedom to travel, I'm coming your direction!!

Waiting at high school for dd. her choir sang on the grand staircase of the Fox theater before a Cirque de Sole performance.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/74027987594768798/

Love reading about everyone else's Runs.

Lisa