Womens Running

Unusual Monday (dailies) (Read 20 times)

Kilmisters

Official day off here in Latvia. If Independence Day falls on a weekend, the day off is carried over to Monday. YAY! Feels good now, let's see how fun it will be when all the work stuff will have to be pressed in those four working days.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

Hi everyone

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.2 for me this morning! Gym tonight for abs..

Oh man. AWESOME run. Seriously. Pain free...it felt good. Oh so good. I read the temp before I left the house and it said 33..so I was like cool. Pants, long sleeve and gloves. Well it was wrong..it was more like 23. LOL. I would have worn a jacket at least..plus my fingers were burning by the time I got home. Just cold! I am having some residual hamstring pain post run but nothing like it was last week. First day of training is today..I have to go through my plan at somepoint and plan all the dang 20's. Blah.

I dropped Ruger off at daycare this morning and it was packed! Not sure if it was because it is Monday or people are dropping off to board over the holiday. Ruger usually goes Tuesday/Thursday but I switched his days up this week since HCBF is off Thursday and Friday and can be home with him. He was ready to play for sure!

This week is going to be so slow. I will get a lot of Christmas shopping done!

Tessa – Congrats!!! I am glad that you were able to finish! Can’t wait to read the race report. Hope you are resting and recovering well!

Docket – Great race report! Congratulations! I know you must be on cloud 9! And the SWAG!! You need to run this every year just for that! Haha!  “I need practice for the afterlife anyway..” LOL!!! If you wanted to puke I am guessing that is from racing hard! I get side stitches when I race for some reason..they end up going away but annoying trying to get them to go away. Anyway, great race!!

Marjorie – Your treats looked AH-MAZING as usual.

HuronHeart – Nice miles this morning! Everywhere was windy yesterday! I would say you were not lazy yesterday Smile Do you have any races coming up?

Kilmisters – Enjoy your day off and don’t think about work stuff! Smile

Hi Diane!!

Have a great day everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Kilmisters

Had my 17k run yesterday, perfect temps - 35 degrees! Did a big loop around the town - the beauty of weekend LRs - not having to run the same streets over and over and over again because of darkness. First 7k were thru the woods (DH is not too happy I am running there alone tbh), then few on sidewalk of local bypass, finally a turn into the town center (and the ''usual'' streets). Didn't feel perfect, but having finished the run at 10:00min/mi avg pace I can't complain.

...aand today we had a game vs the other local team. When I woke up and rolled out of bed, every part of the body shouted ''WHY did you think an afternoon 17k the day before a noon game was a good idea, WHY!?!?!'', but I've been there before and knew it was a matter of a certain muscle-specific warm-up/stretching (and it was). Sooo, this Kekava rivalry is never boring and has already earned a hashtag in Latvian floorball community - #kaujaparrajonu, which roughly translates into - #clashforthehood Big grin Thankfully (unlike other games vs this opponent) the game was rather physical and fast-paced, but not w any injury risks or anything. We controlled majority of the game, putting on pressure all the time, but just couldn't score. After 2nd period it was 2:3, but we outshot them in the 3rd with 21 shots to 7 and pulled a 4:3 win. Yay!

Planning a short shakeout run in the eve (around 7-8pm). Of course, in-laws, which we visited after the game met this idea w the most unmistakeable ''are you are out of your mind'' face. There are games after which you quite literally can't get off the couch, and then there are ones like this (especially because it was an early one) which actually ''ask'' for a late run few hours later.

Tessa, glad to hear your finished, regardless of the time or DFL. Waiting for the RR!

Damaris, "I made that 10K my bitch, LOL!"  - oh wow, this made me spit my coffee and laugh SO loudly! Congrats! Well put, badass, well put! Big grin (Idea for T-shirt for Summer 2018 training cycle, check! - ''I'll make that HM my bitch!!''). Switching training runs around to be ready for a race can be tricky (and one always seems to have that feeling - maybe the other option was better!?), so glad to hear it worked out well for you. Totally agree w shorter distances not being that enjoyable; longer distance at slower pace is fine, thanks Big grin Funny story about the old gentleman - this is why running community is awesome! Once again - congrats! Your case serves as a great motivational story! I also ''borrowed'' your approach of splitting PRs in pre- and post-injury (ankle is still not ok) phases. Smile

HHeart - how does that list of things you did count as 'haven't done much' is beyond me Smile

Margaret, glad to hear you are back on track!

Lizzie, I totally hear you on avoiding too much socializing. It just seems to suck out all the energy in no time. Exciting about the baby watch! Maybe I missed it (most probably), but have they revealed the gender? Laughing about sleeping in until 7:30... ''Sleeping in'' Big grin Nice run today, girl! Don't mention Christmas shopping... Ugh...

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

LC Runs

Good Morning, I am not sure how good it is but I will try and be positive lol

2 TM miles and leg workout.  Maybe a couple of miles after work, my DS has a basketball game though it's not until later in the evening so I should have some time.

No grocery store yet, I think I am going to take a couple of personal hours tomorrow morning and go early before work, I still have to finalize the shopping list.

Elina - whoo hoo for having today off of work!  Nice job on the 17k!

Lizzie - yippee for the pain free run!!  Hope Ruger has fun today!  I will send you my list and you can do my shopping, too.  LOL, I dont' even have a list 

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday was a good 70 minutes out in the park. I also got in some hill work.

Saturday was SDO.

Sunday I slept in, then went out for 55 minutes in the park. It started snowing very gently and I love snow falling on me (or fall leaves) when I run.

Today I think I am going out for a run when it warms up, then out for the final 1.4 mile hike with DC to complete our eight hikes.

Safe and happy runs, All!  

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Kilmisters

Laura, I like your optimism; hoping to have a similar attitude tomorrow morning Big grin

Still undecided about any races till end of floorball season (midApril). There's the winter run in a small town (3.3k) not too far away in midDecember, but it's 3x5km lap around the town, not too sure how excited I am about smth like that. Last year there were 40 runners doing the 15k. I hate the supercrowded big city races, but this seems like the other extreme. A runner friend of mine suggested I might make it a progression training run, dropping about 15secs/mi from pace every next lap. That actually sounds like fun. THE DILEMMA Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 4 miles and weights tonight.  I am at a deposition probably all day, sigh.

Elina, enjoy the holiday.  Yesterday was also a PR holiday (like Columbus Day for the island) which is celebrated today but I doubt many are off work since most places are still closed from the hurricane.  Nice run!

Diane, hiya!!

Lizzie, nice run!  I thought the same.  I never do the race because of the marathon but I think it should be an annual thing!

Laura, nice TM run.  Enjoy the after work miles.

Judy, enjoy the hike!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Seloc

Tessa – yeah the whole vanity sizing is crazy.  If you want to feel REAL good about your “smaller” self, shop Eddie Bauer.

Karen – glad you didn’t end up getting sick!  And, nice run on Saturday.  Whoa, that’s EARLY.  Especially for a retiree hee hee.  I’d like to start GED tutoring.  All my paperwork is in – just waiting to hear back from them.  I have quite a bit of math tutoring experience.  Figured this will get me out of the house a bit more so hopefully it all works out.  SCORE on the 30% discount!!

Damaris – man, you are a hard worker!  Court with a migraine.  Court with a stomach virus.  Dang, girl.  Nice run on Friday in the cooler temps and AWESOME race!!  You killed it!  I knew you would.  Loved your RR, too, especially the pics.  Awww, poor kitty!  How did he do in surgery?

HH – awww, that sounds like SUCH a fun day on Saturday!  I love doing stuff like that.  Lots of Christmas Markets popping up around here.  I will try to hit one or two.

Lizzie – Nice run on Saturday.  Loved the sunrise pic, too!  OMG you have more patience than I do battling the grocery store this weekend.  I’m embarrassed to say that I ended up abandoning my cart at Target because there were only 2 checkouts and about 8 people deep in each.  The WORST!  Ended up getting Asia Bowl takeout to last me three meals instead haha.  OMG, I cannot WAIT to see Ruger’s Santa pics!  I bet they are so stinkin cute!  Since my mom passed away, there is no more “normal” holidays.  Sad face.  My sisters both cook and such and I would always be invited to Bis, but that’s a long haul.  My sister here likes to host so I usually end up over there but there have been years I just boycott it all.  I have actually just cooked for myself before, too.  This year Bis family is coming down for Thanksgiving and sis by me is cooking.  At least, I think she is.  My dad is sorta in the dog house with everyone so I don’t think he is invited.  He is back at the assisted living place near me/my sis. (He was living with my sister for about a year and a half in an addition he built on for them but there was a falling out.)  Anyway, long stupid story but, bottom line, I do not love holidays anymore.  Being single with my mom gone doesn’t make them much fun.  Womp womp.  Number one reason I’m headed to MX for Christmas!!

Gatsby – glad you are feeling better!  You WALKED 7 mi?  Oh my.  I don’t think I would have the patience for that.  Well, ya know, only when blowing up during a marathon.  Couch to 50K?!!  LOL  If anyone can do it, you can!  It’s just muscle memory, right??  OMG, crab fest sounds delicious!

Laura – hey lady!  Nice running, always.  You always manage to fit it in even when busy!  It was super gloomy here almost all last week but we FINALLY got some sun over the weekend.  Makes such a difference!  Hope it’s coming your direction next.

Elina – happy independence day!  99 years!  Wow!  That’s sweet you were able to spend it with your grandma.

Sue – hope your time at work yesterday was short.  Nice 9 miles!  OMG, I like how you can just “whip out a baby quilt top and hem a gauze blanket”.  You are talented!  My mom was a really good sewer.  She would make a lot of our clothes when we were younger (before we cared much haha).  I got her sewing machine but DEFINITELY not her skills!

HCK – nice running in all sorts of weather.  Did you make it to the grocery?

Tessa2 – cograts on your race!  That sounded TOUGH.  The drive alone!  Way to go!  Looking forward to to your RR!

Marjorie – always so crafty with the treats.  They look awesome!

Lizzie2 – another great run for you!  All that rest last week paid off!  Brrrrrr  Bummer you have to work on Friday.  Hope the week isn’t too slow to just crawlllll.  Good luck with the shopping!  Oh!  I returned the tights at ON yesterday but was in NO MOOD to look for others.  Sigh.  Might have to do some shopping myself this week.

Elina – wow, great game!  After a killer 17K, too!

Busy but good weekend!  5 fast-ish miles on Saturday and then tutor-training which exceeded my expectations.  An exceptional presenter!  Hopefully I will hear back from the location I would like to volunteer at soon but wouldn’t be surprised if I don’t this week due to the holiday.  5 easy peasy miles yesterday and then brunch with RB at a sorta swanky place her DHs jazz band was playing.  A bit spendy for brunch but it included unlimited champagne/mimosas so I made sure to make it worth it!  Swung through a grocery yesterday to just get a few essentials to hopefully tide me over until the weekend.  Rest day today.  So happy it’s a short week!  Let’s hope it goes fast.

Docket_Rocket

Oh, yes, I forgot.  The dental went well and I can pick him up today.  He has hookworms so not sure if we will adopt him since we can't separate the cats litter boxes right now.  I'll talk to the vet tonight before we decide.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Monday!  Ran the 2nd race in the 5K Winter Series with DD yesterday.  Brisk morning, about 23 degrees with 15-20 mph winds, so a "feels like" of 12.  I told DD to run at a comfortable pace, I didn't even look at my watch.    She had a lot of fun, she kept saying that she felt awesome.  She finished in 30:23, 2nd in her AG.  She actually out-sprinted me at the end!  The course had some hills and she kept a pretty constant pace.  My foot bothered me for about the first 1/4 mile and it's been a little sore afterwards.  So I will take it easy, I can't do elliptical because of my arm anyway!  I was so tired yesterday, I just lay on the couch and I went to bed before 8:30!

Elina, enjoy the holiday!  Nice 17K run and congrats on the win!  Races done as training runs can be fun.  

Lizzie, I'm glad the run was painless!    I guess it's good that I didn't shop for Thanksgiving, we are going to the in-laws and we are in charge of appetizers.  BIL was bringing his girlfriend and GF's son and DIL.  The son and DIL are vegetarians, so I was planning some different things for them.  Well, heard today that they are not coming, they are going to the ex-husband's instead.  I guess that's OK, so now I just have to deal with gluten-free, peanut-free, lactose intolerance and poultry-free.    Doggie Santa pics!  Can't wait to see them.    Aww, sorry about your BF.

Damaris, congrats on the 10K!  That is an awesome time.  Cool about the older guy!  Your recovery from the knee surgery has been great!  Nice that you could take care of the stray.  Hoping that things work out so you can adopt him.

Sandy, ha, Eddie Bauer.  For awhile they didn't have pants that were small enough for me!    You abandoned a shopping cart?  I have been tempted to do that but have not done it so far.    I can usually hit the store on the way home from work and beat the rush, since I can leave work at about 2:30.  I'm glad the training went well!

Margaret, glad you are feeling better!

Karen, busy weekend for you!  Nice discount on the shoes!  Wave Riders have been my middle distance shoes for awhile.  I have done marathons in them too.

Congrats, Tessa!

Waves to everyone!

Cathy

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

WHAT A SLOW DAY!!!

Ready to get out of here and hit the gym!

Kilmisters – Nice run yesterday!! Awesome that you got to do a different route. I was thinking of that this morning..like man, I need to switch it up! Congrats on the win!!! Good luck on the shakeout run this evening! The new baby is a boy! They aren’t revealing the name yet…you don’t like to Christmas shop? Do you celebrate Christmas? I never go in the store..I do it ALL online. That is how much I hate people. LOL.

Laura – I am trying to stay positive, too. LOL. Nice job on the miles and the leg workout. Are you dreading the grocery that much? HAHA. I would be. Smart plan to go during work hours. I would do your shopping for you! Smile Just tell me where the ship too is haha.

Judy – SNOWING? I heard that word on the news this morning..I thought maybe there was a chance coming soon! NO. Haha. Have fun on your final hike today!

Docket – Ugh good luck getting through the work day! Good news on the kitty! Bummer on not being able to adopt him Sad

Sandy – I was wondering where you have been! Awe, im sorry that you don’t look forward to the holidays. I get why you wouldn’t though Sad I think its good that you are going to your sis’s though. You should be around family! If we lived closer I would drag you to my house for some holiday cheer. I would have you bake cookies and sh*t. LOL Your MX trip is going to be so much fun! You did have a busy weekend. But it sounds like fun..especially the unlimited champagne/mimosas. So cool about the tutor-training – you are awesome Smile. I may just call out Friday..its just going to be ME and MAMMEL. I am not sure I could handle that. Maybe the baby will come and I will have an excuse hahaha

Cathy – Congrats to your DD!! 2nd in AG is awesome. Sounds like she is really enjoying running. I love it. Sorry your foot started bothering you afterword’s. UGH. You must have been tired last night! OK – so I feel your pain about the dietary requirements. HCBF’s niece is like that..so when I asked him if I should bring anything he was asking me all the ingredients and everything and said she cant eat that. Uhm..okay. But she is 1. 1 person out of 20 that cant! Are we all going to eat rice?! I mean what?! LOL. Thanksgiving is my favorite meal I am hoping we get some normal foods there, too! You know like CARBS! Haha. I guess I am being selfish. Sigh. Nice that you get out of work at 2:30!

Okay. Hope everyone has a good night!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

ginnyb

I have not been reading or posting.  Nothing wrong, just when I am not running I feel I have nothing to offer.  So, my running slump continues......I have been working out though.  Don't know what is the problem with the running, just not feelin' it.

I will return.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Kilmisters

Sandy, I've never understood the concept of vanity sizing and artificially not hurting the feelings of someone. Those who have no self-esteem issues couldn't care less about what number is on the clothing. Will never forget the moment when we had to pick the size for the new team kits, so we tried on different ones for shirt and shorts; and when I said it's XS for me (which fits nicely) someone (from the other side of the locker room) joked something about diet overdone. Welllllll, I am sorry that we have reached the point where S sized shirts can actually be baggy (and in some cases even superbaggy) for my midget self. End of rant. Hmm, the essentials that will hopefully tide you over until the weekend... How many liters of beer is that? Big grin

Cathy, that's a nice 5k w DD!! I think that the constant pace is the most important achievement when running w a kid, as they tend to get overly excited, go out too fast, then struggle, rinse, repeat Big grin Take some care of that foot!

Ginny, hoping your running slump ends soon. No need to push it!

Lizzie, yeah, the different route part was amazing! I was recently visiting a friend of mine who's living few hundred yards from us; he is training for Ironman (has done HIM before) and when he said ''oh God, winter is unbearable, because, duuude, the same streets oooover and over again'', I yelled ''YESSS!!!'' waaay to loud and everyone stared at us weirdly Big grin I have never quite understood not revealing the name part. Everyone seems to be doing this now. Is that some sort of superstition? I don't like to Christmas shop, because, c'mon, all the people in shopping malls, it's crazy! Like, get me out of there, and fast! I usually have a very specific purchase list prepared w needed store written down next to the item, and sometimes even check the plan of mall, so that I can figure out the fastest shopping route and optimize time spent in that craziness to absolute minimum. Doing it all online might be tricky w some items.

10 shakeout kms felt as expected - legs were tired; pace - a little slower that usual easy run pace. I have said it before but I'll say it again - it's superbeautiful to run the city streets when it's dark and cold outside. The lights, the lazy evening movement of people. Was happy to see about 10 people jogging laps around the local 250m stadium, some guys w kids too! I could never run more than 2 laps on that thing, unless it's some many repeat short interval workout. All in all, very happy that I got out there - trying to occasionally plan these tired-leg runs that initially maybe make no sense, but when the play-off time will come closer in our league, game schedule will be rough and being ready to keep going on tired legs will help A LOT.

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 miles. Went to the grocery store yesterday and need to hit it up again tomorrow or Wednesday. The store I go to has a Thanksgiving promotion where you get 10 points for every $50 spent in a single trip. 50 points get you a free turkey, ham or lasagna. So yesterday's trip was to get the final 10 points, next trip is to get free stuff and hopefully my favorite bagel for Saturday's race.

Yea, vanity sizing. There a few brands at Kohls that are just ridiculous with how skewed the sizes are.