Womens Running

Exciting Thursday (dailies) (Read 18 times)

Kilmisters

Lizzie, how old is babyE now?

Karen, looks like that furniture will soon be a property of Riley. And he doesn't look easy to move if you happen to disagree.

Sandy, have a great day of doing nothing!!

Diane, thanks for the convenience store links, I will check them out! And yes - Body Glide.

Having a meh day for many reasons. Need a run to get the grumpiness out of the system. Have a nice day everyone!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Anonymous Guest

5 super sweaty miles for me. It is hot out there. Riley is in daycare so I should be doing my chores but dang, that wiped me out. DH is apparently on vacation through Tuesday. He was going to do a race up in Dallas (which I knew about, but didn't know he was taking all this time off to do it), but has now decided he doesn't want to drive all that way for a short race. He's been kind of useful this morning by lifting heavy things for me, but now I need him to get out of my way so I can get my chores done. Hard to wash the sheets if he's napping on them!

Elina, exciting about the new C-store opening. Will be interesting to see if it performs as forecast.

Liz, glad HCBF got the tooth temporarily taken care of. That happened to me a couple years ago. Fun on babysitting Emerson!

Tessa, your comments on the enhanced driver's license made me curious, so I googled. Did you know that the California legislature approved an EDL a few years back but it was vetoed by Gov. Brown due to security concerns with the RFID chip? That leads me to believe it's a state-by-state decision. So unless you live in Washington, Michigan, New York or Vermont (or a few of the Canadian provinces, although Quebec has apparently stopped  issuing them due to low interest), you need a passport or passport card unless your state decides to issue them. I don't know why you wouldn't just get a passport even if you lived in those states, but I guess if you do a lot of driving from one to the other and don't plan on flying anywhere international, it's more convenient to get.

Anyway, enjoy the drive - sounds like Susan may be driving with you guys as well. I'm sure you'll have a blast and will be talking and laughing your way through the US and Canada! And enjoy the weekend, so jealous of that part. I've been watching the weather and it looks like the rain predicted a few days ago is a lot less likely for the weekend now.

Kathryn, we've gotten a hotel down by the airport for an early morning flight out of Hobby before. Makes it easier and less stressful knowing you don't have to worry about traffic. Don't forget to pace yourself in the Boston airport!

Damaris, that schedule doesn't sound bad at all. Congrats on surviving court yesterday!

Susan, sounds like a fun few days in New Orleans. At least only a couple days of work until a three day weekend.

Diane, while I can usually tell what causes my chafing, I've had a few mystery chafes. I use Aquaphor on chafed areas, and then just body glide the crap out of the area that chafed to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Sandy, take a rest week. There, no longer TURD-ing. I try to take an entire week off at least once a year, usually after a marathon. Is the book you got The Breakdown? Because I did the same thing when I finished and that's what my library had. I had to hit google again for CBD oil. Sounds like there's still a lot of uncertainty around it.

Cathy, yay for running, running some tempo intervals, and cool mornings.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Tessa – Had to laugh at the frostbitten goodies! OUCH LOL. Have a safe flight! Even I don’t think I would run at 1am.

Kathryn – Sorry for the work stress! Sad Yay you were able to change your seat! I was looking at the Spirit flight info yesterday for our flight tomorrow – and it said something like seats cannot be guaranteed. I was like, uhm, I had to PAY FOR THEM..they better be guaranteed!! We are going to miss Ruger, too! I wish we could take our pups with us! Safe travels to Austin!

Karen – I think Riley approves of the new furniture  Smile I love it! Nice steamy miles today! So, when do you start “training” for the 100 miler? How long is that training going to be? You may have told me over the weekend.. Tell DH to move out of the way!

Docket – I am freaking jealous of your new schedule! Sorry for the aches! My hamstrings are still a bit achy..I need some more rest days. Would like to get a run in while the good weather lasts, though! OMG the race looks GORGEOUS!!! Wow!!!

Susan – Nice miles and welcome back! Almost wedding time!!!

Diane – My bra does that sometimes. Mostly in the Summer. Well, in the Summer I chafe everywhere especially the bra line. I put moisturizer on my armpits before I put my bra on in the summer time. It helps a ton! I can’t use body glide because I break out – but that is an option, too! I would just switch your rest days around next week.

Sandy – I like what Cathy said – you are recovering  Smile I need to take a page from your book!!! I will be doing lots of recovering next week, though. I wish I had the patience to take a week off. You will feel great when you get back out there Sunday! YAY for doing nothing tonight! I don’t think youll want to do anything when its that warm. YUCK. Cool that you are working the water stop for a training run! What a great idea. Is it a marathon training team? The marathon training team for Richmond does that. One time I ran through and stole their water Smile CBD oil – had to look it up. Is that really a form of cannabis?! If so, I want some.

Cathy – Nice run this morning! Look at you, doing speed work. The speed work Queen is returning!! I LOVE IT. When is the next race in the series? Yay for DD scoring a goal! I guess she is really loving floor hockey? Don’t stare down one of those geese! LOL.

Kilmisters – Baby E is 6 months old now. He is a cutie. Hope the run helps your grumpiness!

I have a call from 3-4 then I am out of here! Ruger is at daycare..I couldnt resist not taking him today on such a beautiful day! I have to go home and do laundry and start packing.

Ready for FRRIIIYYAYYYY!!! Have a great evening everyone! Safe travels to the Pinelands crew!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2