Womens Running

Lettuce Head Thursday (Over 40) (Read 21 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

A purchased head of lettuce was found to be full of brown spots inside. This is not my week.

Post. We are here to listen.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Yesterday I did my 50 minute cardio dvd with 15 minutes of that running again. I was dog tired from the return to work (Why is it that going back to work is so tiring?). 

Today I think I will go to the track for a run and pay my membership. Some insurance companies pay for it for seniors, but mine doesn’t. I can’t complain though. It’s only $275 per year.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy - Love the title...booo on the bad lettuce!  Sounds like you needed a vacation from your vacation!

Karen - Are you excited to move?  Figures, that you have a job that you enjoy....but, OTOH...not working has it's merits!

Tessa - 5 stars, wow....nice to see you talking about going and doing races again!

Did an aerobics class last night....it said it was "flexibility/core/weight's and aerobic dance"...hmmmm...it was a good upper body and core work out for sure. For the aerobic dance part I felt like I was back in the 70's LOL...but, very nice instructor.  In the other room they were doing a  circuit class with weights....I probably should have been in there tho.  That is what I like about this fitness center....all different things to do.

Carol

Bikerchick1

Crazysue - I forgot to comment on your news from the other day Smile  Is that the person that sent you flowers????   Lisa cracked me up with her comment about "trips to the stockroom"....Anyhow, how nice for you!

Carol

LC Runs

Good Morning!

Judy - ugh, I hate when I buy bad produce

Carol - the class sounds fun.  I did Zumba a couple of years ago but didn't think I got much of a workout because I was so busy trying to learn the moves lol.

I got in a short run last night - 3 miles.  I am hoping to get in some miles this evening during my son's baseball practice.  Have to get an early start today as we have an in-service all day at our main office which is about 2 hours away.  Going to be a long day...but, off tomorrow and heading with my kids up north to my Mom's for a couple of days.  Spending Easter at a Tigers game.  Lots of travel for me over the next few days but looking forward to it!

ginnyb

Judy....hate when that happens!  I have so much trouble with fruits and veggies.  I am not a good picker outer!  I have thrown out so many bad fruits and vegtables

Sue.....so nice about the news of you dating.  Sounds nice.

Tessa....just reading about you and Karen's numerous marathons makes me tired!   Just not for me.  Both of you just make me shake me head.  Not in a bad way, in a way that I could never do that kind of way!

Carol...I loved aerobics back in the day.  That is how I got started on this exercise journey of mine back in the 70's.  Now, I think I prefer circuit work also.  Just wish i could stick with the weights.

LC....enjoy your travels over the weekend and have fun.

I had a glorious 3 mile run this morning!  I didn't want to go either, had to force myself out the door.  Felt the best I have felt since last Spring I think.  Ran faster with little effort.  One of those runs that make you so happy!  Wish they happened more often.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Good Morning!  Yesterday was group power class and a swim.  Walked the pups in the afternoon.  I CRASHED at 930.  Wink  Went with my running partner for her bike fitting.  She bought the same bike I got-- Cervelo P2.  She put a black and red saddle on hers, mine has a black and white saddle.  She is so tall (6'+) that the seat is WAY up there.  LOL.  I needed a tool bag and water bottle holder, and really needed to see them to pick one out.  Fun little trip.

Didn't read my training schedule and ran with one of the guys from the gym this morning.  Will ride this afternoon.  I really need more rides.  Did a fast 4.4 miles.  Jeffrey even commented that I was hanging on at a really good pace and was still talking -- fast run for me this morning.

Still a couple of pounds lighter since my bout with food poisoning last week.  Hoping they will stay gone.  Clothes hang a little looser.  Wink

Yes, he's the one who sent me flowers on my birthday.  Smile  Lisa-- we each have private offices with locking doors--much better than a store room Wink.  He has also enjoyed helping with foster dog Buddy.

Have a great day!

Anonymous Guest

This morning I sent out an email to the staff with my bib number and a little explanation of how the start works, what speed I'm planning on running, etc., because a couple people have asked if they could track me or if I could let them know when I was done or send pictures. There are only 8 of us, so I just sent it to all. I'd forgotten the story the Technical Director had told me about trying to spectate at MCM a few years back. He had a spreadsheet he made up based on his runner's pace, Metro trains and times, etc. He is cracking me up this morning - he loved the info, he's trying to figure out the tracking ahead of time, he's asking a million questions. He's been here an hour and has probably been in my office half of that time!

Taking the dog to the kennel tonight and hitting the road first thing tomorrow morning. I am so excited. I feel good. The weather looks good for Monday, starting to get a little warm. But honestly, I'd rather have it sunny and a little warm for all the spectators. It will probably be in the low 60s when I finish, which makes me glad I'm not going to really push it. It's warm enough that being too aggressive early could really come back and bite you at the end.

If I haven't shared here, or you haven't seen it on facebook, I'm bib 18150. My start is at 11 (wave 3). I'm in the first corral so should start relatively close to 11. I'm planning right now at going out around 3:45 pace (8:30ish minute miles). I ran 7 last night with 3 at that speed and it felt really good.

Judy, the thread title cracked me up. And definitely made me click it on the train in to get the back story.

Carol, I am kind of excited to move. I'm disappointed I won't get to really see what I can do in this job, but retirement sounds pretty awesome. I'll miss the people here though.

Laura, sounds like a busy few days for you! Hope you get some warmer weather to enjoy it.

Ginny, yay for an excellent run!

Susan, bike store, new guy, a couple pounds down, cute foster dog, great run. Sounds like things are going pretty good in your world right now!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  So busy lately, ugh.  16 miles done this morning, though.  Now working from home hungry and ready for lunch, LOL.

Judy, ugh at the lettuce.  Nice workouts.

Carol, nice aerobic class.

LC Runs, nice 3.

Ginny, nice 3!

Sue, nice night of sleep.

Karen, have a nice trip to Boston!  Good luck!

Have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, thanks, will be tracking you (along with RN, and three ladies from WW marathons, and maybe others...)

Sue, easy on the offices with locking doors. I would guess all your coworkers would be agog at that type of gossip.

Damaris, 16 miles? Wow.

Ginny, I can't stick with weights either.

Laura, safe travels! Who schedules an inservice on Good Friday?

Judy, ugh on the bad lettuce.

Carol, aerobics? Not true aerobics unless you have shiny spandex tights and leg warmers and a leotard and a scrunchie or two and the outfit incorporates at least three different neon colours.

4.3 this morning with RN. More at lunch.

ginnyb

Today is my oldest son's 40th birthday.  I am feeling all weepy and I don't know why.  Thinking about when they were all little I guess, besides feeling old!  I cannot believe my son is 40, since I am only 45!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Did 10.3 this am

Was going to make these awesome Easter cookies.  But figure I've really done more than I need to for the wife's birthday so I'm not making the cookies.  I can't eat them and I've made her a big basket so that is enough

Karen that is great that all the planning for racing is coming together.  So excited for Boston

Carol good for you doing all these different classes!

Laura be safe traveling around.  Holidays seem to bring out bad drivers

Ginny when you have good runs like that makes me smile

Tessa I agree I don't want the cold shower thing.  Worst was after Detroit my dad's wasn't working so taking a cold shower after that race sucked.  He had a tankless heater but the filter was broken and it wasn't getting fixed until the following week.  If we'd known we'd have stayed at a hotel!  How is the knee?  Must be good if you are doubling today

New rug is here today and it is going on the floor here very soon so it is down before DH gets home and then he can't give it away!  The whole water filter system goes in this afternoon.  I'm super excited about that.  While he is here he will replace the cartridge for the master shower since it is leaking and until he moves the water cut off to the house I'm not doing it.  Our water cut off is at the meter and is thus under a bunch of mulch and the bees that hang around the holy.  No thanks.  I'll let him do it.  I've never had a house that didn't have the water cut off also in the house.  I'll be happy to have that ability in the garage so fixing stuff like the shower will be easier.

Marjorie