Womens Running

WEDNESDAY DIVAS (Read 17 times)

OJewel

Post!

OJewel

Hi ladies,

RR- thanks for the opinions on my 20 miler from Monday! I didn't have a chance to get on here yesterday. I signed up for the half this weekend so should be a good way to break up the 20 miler at least. Today I am running on the TM at the hotel, not sure how far yet. Af arrived and I have horrible cramps so we'll see how I feel.

NRR- out in PA until 6 or so then heading home. I can't wait. I feel so exhausted! I can't wait to sleep in on SaTurday. I'm not setting an alarm and its going to be good. other than waiting for the weekend, not much going on. I got to have dinner with my college roommate last night so that was fun.

Have a great day! Is it 6pm yet? Lol.

gsdrunner

OJ: Hope the TM run goes well. Safe travels home.

RR: Did 32 mins. on the TM this morning. I literally dragged myself out of bed and to the treadmill. Taking M on a 2 to 3 mile walk later.

NRR: Not much, I am hoping my key comes this morning. M and I need out of the house, plus I have errands to run. I hate putting them off. Other than, DH made it safely to FL and then to NYC this week. He keeps this up and we be able to take some free flight around the world. LOL. Other than that, just hanging in there. I think I may start napping/laying down when M naps .. I am hoping I will feel more rested and not dog tired by the end of the day.

Have a great day

RunLikeTheWind23

Morning ladies!

RR: rest day. It's supposed to be 96 degrees today. I can't be outside in weather like that and my gym membership expired. I'm joining a new gym so that I can take spin classes, but I can't do that until next payday.

jewel: Safe trip home!

Gsd: I think napping when M naps is a great idea! Smile

taylorma1

Jewel-hope 6pm comes soon for you. I love not having to set an alarm on some days

gsd-hope your keys come soon

RLTW-hope your rest day is good.

RR: was going to run this morning, after dragging myself out of bed, but then I found out my shoes are soaked. I never took them in before the rain storm yesterday Sad Stuffed them with newspaper, so might run later. It is supposed to be record heat though, so I will see what actually happens.

NRR: exams went alright yesterday. I had both a lecture and lab. Lecture went really well, but lab was a train wreck. I know I missed at least 1/4 of the questions. Hoping that it won't affect my grade too much.

lizo_77

hi ladies!

RR: did 2 miles and weights this morning. legs still are a little sore, but I think the run ultimately helped.

NRR: today is my birthday, so M asks... when are you coming home tonight? I say, normal time, then I'll get back to work.  He was bummed. he says... "it's your birthday". sigh. I know.... grrrr.  anywhooo! I told him I wasn't planning on cooking tonight because it's my birthday. So he's grilling chicken thighs and making scalloped potatoes tonight. Smile  Love the man!

OJ: boo about AF's arrival! good luck with the TM run at the hotel.

gsd: that's a lot of traveling for your DH! sorry about the key snafu!

rltw: hope you find another gym and fast!

taylor: boo about the wet shoes! hope they dry fast!

later!

monk717

VEGAS BABY!!! Well, tomorrow, but we're heading to O'Hare tonight after we drop off the kids!

RR: Didn't get out this morning because I was tired and also because I was trying to get to work early again, and its raining besides. I do hope to run once or twice on the trip, maybe tonight at the hotel.

NRR: See above, lol. Got clothes packed last night for everyone. DH is finishing up his and the kids packing this morning. I'm leaving work at 12:15 and going to the store for last-minute things and then finishing my packing, then its to daycare to pick up the kids and off we go! The kids are staying at my brother and SIL's in Rockford and we're doing a park n fly hotel near the airport, plane flies out at 8 tomorrow, 24 hours! I'm still feeling a little sad about leaving the kids. It doesn't help that with all my working extra I've barely seen either kid other than to put them to bed all week! I'll get over it though I know. Its finally here! Now lets see how much work I can actually get done today. :-)

We're staying at the Mirage and highlights of the trip will be a hot stone massage (for me) at the Bellagio on Saturday and seeing Cirque du Soleil "Love" Saturday night. And the rest just whatever we can fit in from our long list. There's a big fight in Vegas this weekend and DH and I are wondering what we're getting ourselves into... he read an article yesterday about already long lines at hotels on Monday, hopefully thats just at the MGM where the fight is happening! We wanted to go for the atmosphere but now I wonder if the atmosphere will just be waiting in lines all day!

POrun

Happy Camel Day!!!

RR: Swam 1850yds this morning. Will be running 4 with DH. We signed up for one of the largest 5Ks in the area on Saturday since it was discounted by my company, and there will be 2000 runners/walkers there! We will be running 9 miles with the 5K in the middle. Tongue

NRR: So glad my exam is over! I think I got an A, but worst case a B. Now we have to start thinking about our group projects... Love school and work...

OJ: What did you decide to do for the 20 miler? I think I'd do the 7 before if you wanted to do the 13 as GMP. Or 5 before, race 13, then 2 after?

GSD: I hope you get your key too! Glad DH made it to FL. I think it would be tough to travel as much as many people have to for work!

RLTW: Wow, I hope it's not actually that hot! Glad to see you around again!

Taylor: Congrats on your PR, even if it wasn't as much as you hoped for. A PR is still a PR! I hope your exam ended up going better than you thought!!!

Lizo: Happy Birthday!!!!! Big grinBig grinBig grinBig grinBig grinBig grin

NC: Hi! I never get to respond to personals for you thanks to our time differences!

OWR: Same to you as NC! Hello!

EMG: If you're lurking, thinking of you today!!!!! Hugs!

SassySparky

Morning ladies!

RR: SRD! SRD! SRD! Big grin I slept in until 7 today, and got 8.5 hours of sleep. I'm still really worn out, though. I am hoping to get some extra sleep this weekend (very unlikely though, with all the wedding events and travel). But this cutback week is definitely necessary.

NRR: Just working and trying to get a lot done before Friday. I have to leave early for our flight on Friday so I want to make this week count. I'm makibng some progress on a new project and hope that continues today.
                    Jewel - safe travels home. Glad you have been able to visit with some friends during your trips to PA!

RLTW - so glad to see you are enjoying your new job!

Tayor - Sorry about your shoes!! Lab exams are always tough.

Lizo - Happy Birthday! Sounds like a delicious birthday meal! Grown up birthdays are never as fun with work and stuff. I really want to take mine off this year and do something fun.

Monk - safe travels! Big D and I were just trying to decide when we'd be ready to go on a solo trip without G. We're thinking next summer. Sounds like you have some great plans!

PO - your weekend running plan sounds like fun!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

MA runner girl

Good morning! I'm still catching up on sleep from the weekend... thankfully C went back to bed with me until 8:30! Working from 8-10 at night is definitely draining me. I typically would be in bed around 9, sleeping before 10, so it takes me longer to unwind and I'm staying up even later! 7.5 weeks to go... Had a good time yesterday going to visit my brother and family. None of us can stand his GF though. Literally makes my skin crawl, I could go on and on but I'll spare you all. Today a friend is coming over for lunch and then I'm going to my mom's so she can watch C while I get some work done.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIZ!!!!!!!!!

Have a good day!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

OJewel

Good morning again!

GSD - Hope that key comes today! Being stranded is never fun. I support taking a nap while M naps, lol.

RLTW - its cray hot here too. Stay cool!

Taylor - Be safe if you decide to go running in the heat!

Lizo - HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY!!!! Don't work too late and enjoy having dinner made for you!

Monk - have a great time in Vegas! That hot stone massage sounds amazing!

PO - Your company sounds like its always doing some races or discounts - how great! I decided that I would try for 7 beforehand and then the race. If I don't get up there in time, I'll do 5, then the race, then 2 cool down. The race is about 50 minutes north of my house.

Sassy - Enjoy that rest day! I hope you get to catch up on sleep this weekend!

MA - Sorry about your brother's GF! Glad you got some extra sleep with C this morning. I hate being up past 10 as well Smile

melrunner

Jewel, Have a safe trip back home today. Yay for sleeping in this weekend!

GSD, whereabouts in Florida is DH?

RLTW, 96 degrees when it was cool a few days ago? That’s insane!!!!

Taylor, Record heat Wow!!! How was your exam?

Lizo, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! HAPPY HAPPIEST OF DAYS!!!

Monk, Safe travels tomorrow! I love the Cirque shows! I don’t think I’ve ever seen love.

PO, great job on your exam! I’m sure you aced it!! What 5k is it this weekend?

EMG, if you’re lurking, sending you a squishy, fat hug, a big red velvet virtual cupcake, and lots of thoughts and prayers.

Sassy, Enjoy your rest day. Where is the wedding.

Ma, how’s your foot?

Lucy, happy wedding week again!

……..

TriR: Swam an hour this morning.

NtriR: I got the dog from the pound last night! She’s a chunky Cav. Adorable. We are naming her Bubbles. I gave her a bath last night since she was so stinky. I’ve been grieving Baxter today and last night and I’m assuming this is normal? I sure hope so. Please send me good thoughts. Last minute they decided yesterday that we’re to have a work meeting today so they are coming today for a meeting, and you all know how iffy things are with work so who knows what is going to happen…. I’m nervous and anxious. Will update later. Send me thoughts.

Have a good day girls.

NorCal

Morning girlies!

RR. Taking my bike out for a ride this morning. Since I got my cross bike with off-road tires, I've hardly ridden it. But taking it to a mellow trail on the waterfront today, probably about 10 miles. Also trying to get some abs/arms in this afternoon. Maybe JM workout?

NRR. Had a blast with S last night! She ate right before she came over, so that made things easier! Smile We all took L out to go swimming and it was so fun. She got so muddy and wet, which is fun to see because she's kind of an "indoor" kid. But she loves being outside, so we take her as much as possible!

Off today, but need to finish up getting our 2012 tax numbers prepared for the CPA, so we can file before our extension runs out...

Personals in a bit! xoxo

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34