Womens Running

What's Up for the Weekendailies? (Read 16 times)

LC Runs

4 mile run and then a stretching workout.

Kat - glad you had no awful side effects from the vaccine, I am happy all I have is a sore arm!  Watching movies and resting sounds like a great Saturday to me.

Ended up going out with a couple of GF last night to an auction fundraiser - not really my thing but we had fun talking and catching up, I need to do more of that!

Nothing much planned for today, maybe will force myself to do some cleaning LOL. Gloomy and chilly here, a nap really sounds preferable!

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have 2 or an RD. Would be my first back to back since my calf sprain so off I go in the next 30 minutes.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

8 miles this morning. Was bright and sunny then, now it's cloudy.

KatS, I need to get to the grocery store at some point. I can get something for free-turkey, ham, tofurkey, mac & cheese or lasagna. Thinking I may go with the mac and cheese.

LCRuns, I pretty much skip the cardio BB workouts. Apparently I was ahead of trends, when I did MBF, for the core workouts, instead of the jumping around, I used my spin bike.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Thanks for the info on those workouts! I think I'm going to start youtubing videos. Because honestly I'm bored with what I'm doing. And I'm not altogether certain I'm doing them to my benefit anyway.

Booster shots aren't available here yet for my age group (just the 70+ age at the moment) but as soon as they are I'm getting poked.

I ran a really tough 13 miler today. The speedier than normal runs this week clearly caught up to me. Also I must have accidentally turned my Garmin off somewhere because while I did complete 13.1 I should have run about 13.3.  C'est la vie.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Left work halfway through my shift. Sitting at the ER now over my eye.  Now it’s a waiting game for the ophthalmologist to come in. 

Feel all over the place. Nervous and stupid. What if it‘a nothing. Then I’m overreacting. What if it’s a tear. Scary.  Ugh. 

Wonder how many hours…

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

KatS, seems like it is something that is better to check out immediately. Hopefully the wait isn't too awful.

Docket_Rocket

Kat, hope your eye is OK.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Kats.... hubby had an issue where he is experiencing floaters. The eye doctor checked for tears but there wasn't any. He said something about the eye's gel (?) can sometimes separate from the eyeball causing floaters? Apparently it's common. Age related. I hope your issue is minor as well.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

no tear. Rechecking in 1-2 weeks. Hungry, tired, kinda grumpy. But I suppose relieved. Just wish I knew why it’s being weird.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

KATS, you were right to check on the eye. You needed someone to check that for sure. Don't feel bad about getting a doc to look at it. :::HUGS:::

j

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ccoakley

OMG Cathy, I just saw the parade story.  I hope you and your family are safe!!! So horrible!  Hugs for your whole community to have to deal with this.

5k 24:53 (2020) |10k 52:24 (2021) |HM 1:57:14 (2019) |FM 4:24 (2007) |50k 5:57 (2022)

Docket_Rocket

OMG Cathy, I just saw the parade story.  I hope you and your family are safe!!! So horrible!  Hugs for your whole community to have to deal with this.

Oh, no! What happened????

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

I Just saw this story on my FB feed and was pretty sure that was Cathy's town - I hope all are safe!

Damaris - a car ran through a parade

Docket_Rocket

Sad, Cathy, please report. Hope you guys are safe.

Damaris

Fundraising Page