Womens Running

Bring on the WEEKEND! (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Docket_Rocket

Docket - Nice job on the 6! Hope you are feeling a little better today. Uhm, so what is your office doing about the mold?! We are required to test monthly in our buildings. We had one area that was wayyyy over 600..and it cost us over 1 million in remediation.

We don't do anything.  We are the federal government.  Someone has to get some sense and clean it.  Good luck with that.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 16 TM miles coming up.  I am so sore from the weights I lifted yesterday; man, how far I've fallen.

Linda, nice job on the TM.  I normally use weather.com to check the pollen levels but if you google your zipcode and pollen count, you can always find a measure.

Kat, nice job on the 13.

Tessa, I have also not gone with the craze and do not have an InstaPot.  My grandmother used to have one (my mom as well), back when they were called pressure cookers.

Elina, glad to see you back!

Liz, enjoy the rest.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hiya!  21 mile trail run yesterday, kettlebells plus easy run today.  It's been rainy here, which I don't mind but there's lots of flooding and some landslides north of here.  I ran in the Marin Headlands yesterday (about 45 min drive north).  A lot of those trails are fire roads, and those hold up well in bad weather.  But the single track and steps are slippery and slidey with mud. I didn't wipe out!  >5100' climbing.

Re crock pots, instapots, whatever you call them... seems like they require too much planning ahead for me. In other words, sounds too much like cooking... 

Lizzie, if you're feel beat up from the speed work, maybe you need more recovery time?  Easy runs also sound like a good idea.  A blender is one of those things that I don't use often but when I need one, it's nice to have a good one.  I think we got ours as a wedding gift eons ago.

HCK, yum on cupcakes.  What kind did you get?

Karen, sounds like a mixed bag for your runners.  Bummer on the one who got cramps, you think he went out too fast?

Kat, nice job on a tough run!  Hopefully you brought dry clothes and shoes for after?  BBQ was well earned!

Damaris, blergh on the mold!  Yuck.

Lindasaffell, nice job on the TM run AND muffins!

Tessa, happy birthday to DSBF!  Sounds like the menu for a 4th of July BBQ, but it would work for me, especially the cake.  And yum to anything involving buttercream frosting.

Kilmisters, such a fun week when LIsa arrives!  When does MI training officially begin?

Turtles, I saw that your DD made it to the semifinals, which is great!  I'm sure it's tough being the defending champions.  Maybe now there will be a little less pressure for next year?  Oh the days when a XL Kit Kat bar could make things better... 

Hi Judy!

Still not sleeping well, I wake up every hour!  Ugh.  Going to keep trying to work on it.  Off for one more cup of coffee then kettlebells.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

Just an easy 3ish this morning. I'd run all the miles on my plan for the week but with the cutback week I needed a few miles to make my weekly goal. I am getting sucked into the internet - we decided to take the van to Colorado in June, so I've been looking at routes and places to stop along the way. And now I don't want to wait until June to go! That kind of led into race research and planning for the year since I haven't planned anything after GC. I'm leaning towards another 100 attempt in November, but that means long runs all summer. I can't believe I'm saying this, but considering the 50K at "never again" Habanero in August. Also a 12 hour overnight race in July and a marathon in September. Looking at various races and flights and such......lots of fun. But not too productive. I also finished the book I was reading yesterday and will recommend it. The Keeper of Lost Things.

Anyway, kettlebell workout yet to be done this afternoon, plus run out for a few groceries. Need to get my butt off the internet! Back later with personals....

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

It's snowing again. Grumble, grumble, grumble. 8 miles this morning, pretty sluggish.

GatsbyBird, the InstaPot doesn't require the plan ahead like a Crock Pot does. The simple things I've made are under 10 minutes once it is pressurized. I bought all the cupcakes. Half dozen at each place.

Kilmisters

Liz, good luck tomorrow! You'll do great Smile Break wasn't injury related. Flu, then laziness, then bit of floorball.

Damaris, a friend of mine is training for back-to-back marathon weekend and ran a TM marathon today... Crazy. I just thought I should tell you Big grin Good luck w your TM miles!

Margaret, wow, my legs hurt from just reading your trail run description (holy elevation gain!!). MI training starts midApril (gulp).

Easy 11k today. Hopefully this will remain the worst run this month. Ugh.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

What a productive Sunday! Body Pump (sub teacher today and she sucked), cleaned the house, 5 loads of laundry, baked muffins and did 3 hours of studying. I still have a little more studying to do and I am going to wait and do just one practice test tomorrow morning. I don't think my mind can concentrate on it anymore today.

Not ready for Monday...

Run4kupcakes.- If I get one as a wedding gift, I am coming to you for recipes hehe. Nice miles! I saw it was snowing at my brothers in NOVA! Crazy! Just rain for us. Do you freeze your cupcakes?

Docket - I remember the whistling of those pressure cookers!! Good luck on the 16!

Margaret - KILLER run yesterday and nice workout today! Ugh, we have been super rainy here, too. When I use to live in the city, I would run on this trail by the river - I wouldn’t be able to run on it right now. Flooded! Its crazy. We are expected to get more tonight. Be careful! YES, you are 100% right for me needing more recovery time. I think if I am going to do that much speed work in one week - I am need to cut the mileage way back. I probably shouldn’t do 3x speed workouts in a week anyway. Lots of easy runs next week so hoping that helps. We’ll see how it goes. Aw, you and HCF on the sleep! I hope you get a decent nights rest soon!!

Karen - Nice run this morning! Oooo all those plans sound exciting! I say do all of it, hehe. Perfect to do another 100 attempt almost exactly a year from the last one. I can’t say I am with you on a marathon in July or a 50K in August. Uh, hell no. That does not sound fun to me, but you did great last year. I really do believe that you are superhuman. Why rush the groceries on a Sunday when everyone is off? You could go during the week when the place is EMPTY!!!

Kilmisters - a marathon on the TM?! Your friend is crazy. Smile Ugh, sorry the run wasn’t so great. But hey, you are getting back into the swing of things! Thanks for the good vibes on tomorrow!

Have a good night everyone! I am finally going to do some relaxing on my Sunday Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

lindasaffell

Fighting senescence

Hi Linda!! Pumpkin muffins?! Are they heart healthy!? Smile

Hmm, well, Lizzie, as a nutritionist would say, they are heart healthy as part of a healthy diet, heh heh.  I guess that's a hedge.  My DH had a heart scare years ago, sorta like a HUGE panic attack.  So I try hard to cook whole foods, to stay away from too much sugar and such.  The muffins DO have sugar in them, but I think baking them myself means they DON'T have more "industrial" kinds of processed ingredients.  DH used to adore those bakery monster muffins, so I've subtly downsized him and also, I think, improved our diet overall.

Shorter answer:  they are a recipe from Real Simple.  I would bet the sugar proportion could be decreased, and I may try subbing in either some applesauce, or more pumpkin puree, for some of the oil called for.

UGLY weather here, today.  On these days I am so very glad to have our old treadmill.  I listened to a podcast while doing a MAF workout, again.  I dunno whether I could do that for 12 full weeks though.  I threw in a quick yoga practice afterward, so I guess I'm not sticking to the MAF regimen, though, anyway!

Happy Garmin newbie

Renewing my interest in running, sloooowly

Anonymous Guest

Kathryn, yay on getting some miles in! Dropping at the half sounds like it was a smart thing to do. Hope you survived the long work day.

Linda, luckily I don't have allergies to anything around where I live so don't look at anything like that. When there's a green film of pollen covering everything outside like there is now, I don't know how those with allergies deal with it!

HCK, I have so far refrained from getting an Instapot. They sound great though, sort of an anti-crock pot of sorts.

Tessa, hope DSBF's birthday was fun.

Elina, I am also curious as to what the plan is going to look like.  I guess I better get working on it! Glad you are feeling better.

Liz, those muffins looked delish. I was going to ask you for the recipe but I see you put a link to it. I am definitely gonna have to try those. Good luck on the test! But you don't need luck, you know the material and you're gonna do great. It was a quick trip to the grocery store, needed something to make for dinner tonight. Also triple gas points this weekend.

Damaris, yikes on the mold in the office! Sounds like you need to spend as little time as possible there.

Margaret, nice long run this weekend! I remember lots of mudslides and such in the Oakland hills when we lived in the Bay Area one rainy year. Scary. Also interesting projects, as I was working as a geotechnical engineer at the time.

I wish I knew what was going on with my one marathoner. This was his second one, he ran Houston last year and started cramping at about 16. I put that down to not enough base/training (in addition to the fact that our program is pretty low mileage in my book, he was in India for the month of December and didn't run much). But he's ben running a lot more. He tends to go out too fast, but this time he didn't. I've read a few articles lately that say the problem is your form deteriorates later in the race so focus on exercises to improve hip extension. I know he's added in some strength training and that should have helped, but still the calf cramps. The weather was not bad - 50s and overcast. He did two 20s and a 21 over the course of the last couple months. And he started cramping at mile 12. He should be able to run a 4:30 on the training he had, and a sub-4 based on short race results, and ended up run/walking the last 14 miles to a 5:35. I'm frustrated, so I can only imagine how frustrated he must be. All the other runners did great though!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Karen, I try!  I should be in the office tomorrow and Friday and then not until after the 14th.  yay me.

Ran my 16 on the TM and they went well, except I ran half of them with swollen eyelids due to some allergic reaction.  Grrr.

Damaris

Fundraising Page