Womens Running

Maniacal Monday - Supermoms (Read 16 times)

runnergirl9508

zorbs- we do the same with R- eat it or go to bed hungry. He always has milk at dinner, so at least he's getting that. is the gym still busy? I usually noticed a drop-off around valentine's day.

mer- enjoy your RD! ugh, 9 on the TM sounds like torture, but glad you were able to get it done. I run so infrequently on the TM, and my hamstrings are always sore the next day. aw, poor H- I hope he's not getting sick. glad you got some sleep! DH asked me the other day what I wanted for Valentine's Day. We always give each other cards, and occasionally a small gift.

CA- yay for a 6th day running. I agree- hills are MUCH kinder to your body than speed. LOL on  M being excited for Monday- sounds like she has a lot to look forward to. yay for a new dining set, but bummer that the old one hasn't had any interest.

Ernie- have a great run today! R was also dancing to Bruno last night, silly kids! Ugh on more snow- I'm ready for spring, and clear roads/running paths. I'm just tired to having to actually think about where I can/can't run because of snow/ice.

Kant- great job on the trail run! have fun skiing today. do you take A with you? aww, congrats on the niece! do you have plans to visit them soon? Oh no- I hope your DH is ok. Ugh, hope A sleeps for you.

Becky- yay for Nike DC! how many halfs are you running this year? uh-oh on the tv- hope he learns his lesson. Bummer on DH being gone all week. but at least you can watch whatever you want to on TV after C is in bed Wink

spike- great job on the running over the weekend! R is a stinker about cleaning up his toys sometimes too. He'll cry through the whole process, but at least his room gets picked up! bummer on only chips for dinner- no other GF options? congrats to step-sis on her engagement. how much do I owe you for R's sleep sack? And thanks again, so much!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

beckykay

Mer:  HA!  I just bought DH a new tv for the office but it was a measly 32 inch.  He keeps talking about this 65 inch....then I just tune him out after I hear the size. Smile

RG:  I think I have about 12 halfs and gulp - 1 full on the calendar for this year.  Need to write them all down so I can keep them all straight Smile  LOL on the dip and beer.  C loves spicy buffalo flavor chips.

Oh and on the FR  I should have added tried to pass off soymilk as regular milk today.  C told me it was going to make him puke.  Fail.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

mer - I wish DH liked massages, or else I would consider a couple's massage one of those perfect gifts that I could benefit from too.  Unfortunately the very first couples massage he had a male therapist and that skeeved him out. My DH has a 120" TV at his office.

CA - I've gotten bites for everything I've ever put on kijiji, even stuff that I thought NO ONE would be desperate enough to want. (stained mattress)

ernie - how much snow did you get? we just got maybe 5 cm.

kant - I am trying to get him to at least try 1 bite and then saying "no thank you" but am not sure how to go about doing that.  I hope your DH is better soon!

becky - DH is the only who would cave before me.

spike - how did you make him clean his room?

rg - I thought it was distinctly less busy at the gym already this morning..but then last friday there was that chick with the 1 lb weights...so there are still a few resolutionists hanging in there.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

zorbs - Yeah, DH would not be happy with a male doing his massage.  Sucks that he had a bad first experience.  My DH will only get one if it is with me.  Wow....my DH would totally be envious of yours for the size of his TV....then he would need to find a bigger one to one-up him!  Ha!  Men. Smile

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- as lame as this sounds, I was happy about chips for dinner. Yummm salt/grease.  There were a few bean dips and artichoke dip too. I'll be mailing that package to you in a few minutes, I hope it fits R! You don't owe me anything. SimoneTheCat just sent me a nice box of clothes for R and wouldn't let me reimburse her for shipping either, so I'm happy to pay it forward to another supermom.

zorbs- I put him in his diaper/PJs/Sleepsack and started walking him to his bed and he begged to watch TV. I said "If you want to watch a few minutes of tv, I want all the toys picked up off the floor". Then I sat on the floor and made sure he picked up everything. If he missed it, I pointed to it and made him waddle over in his sleep sack to pick it up. I need to pick a TV for the living room, bleh. I hate buying electronics.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

zorbs- I put him in his diaper/PJs/Sleepsack and started walking him to his bed and he begged to watch TV. I said "If you want to watch a few minutes of tv, I want all the toys picked up off the floor". Then I sat on the floor and made sure he picked up everything. If he missed it, I pointed to it and made him waddle over in his sleep sack to pick it up. I need to pick a TV for the living room, bleh. I hate buying electronics.

hmm, B would just scream "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" and flail around, no matter what we threatened.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- Well, if R did that I would just close the door and let him flail alone in the dark LOL. I usually walk away from him when he tantrums or dramatically cries on the floor.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Erniegirl

zorbs - Did B sleep despite going to bed hungry? Luckily I have not had many problems getting S to eat her dinner yet, but I always think that if I sent her to bed hungry it would backfire on me because she would just keep me up all night screaming for food. We probably got about 15 cm of snow on Saturday and then another 5 cm  last night.

mer - I think a couples massage is a great gift! I might steal that idea for my DH. He was just saying the other day that he needs to go for a massage. And then with couples massage, I would get one too. Win-win!

CA - Frozen breakfast burritos are a great idea! How do you make them? I should really do that, I feel like I'm often in such a rush a breakfast time. Great that you found a new dining set so quickly!

kant - This is a new enchilada recipe for me, so if it turns out well, I will give it to you tomorrow. Ha ha ha, I am all about the discount Valentine's Day chocolate on the day after as well. Congrats on being an auntie! Hope SIL is recovering well. And hopefully your DH is okay - ouch!

becky - What number half will this be for you? I remember being extremely impressed by the number of halfs you have run.

spike - It always feels great when you run so much or so hard that you really need that rest day. Ha, I pretty much ate chips for dinner last night too. And some chili.

rg - Icy roads are a total PITA! Spring running and not having to worry about finding a clear place to run is going to feel amazing. LOL, R already has the classic beer and hot wings combo down! Bruno was pretty dance-worthy and I'm sure the toddler crowd was digging the gold jackets!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

mer - I'm cheap, but I'm also lazy... I hope it sells this week, or I'll just give away to a charity organization or something.  I didn't pay anything for it in the first place anyway.

zorbs - if I put it for free, I know it'll be gone fast, people don't like paying money for furniture on kijiji in my experience.

ernie - I make them loosely  like Kelly from New Leaf Wellness has posted on her blog.  Last time I tried putting salsa in them but it made them too runny, this time I'm going to put siracha in them bc I love spicy eggs.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

I'm going out for sushi tonight! I think its been over a year since I've gone. And the last time was my birthday and no one who actually likes sushi showed up so that was lame. My friend's husband is throwing together a last minute birthday for her, so yay!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Spike - that's awesome!  I love sushi... don't gluten yourself on the soy sauce Smile

superspike113

Honorary Old

Spike - that's awesome!  I love sushi... don't gluten yourself on the soy sauce Smile

Nerdy confession: I grabbed a bottle of GF soy sauce from home on my lunch break and put it in my purse to take to the restaurant tonight.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Nerdy confession: I grabbed a bottle of GF soy sauce from home on my lunch break and put it in my purse to take to the restaurant tonight.

Phew!  Sushi isn't the same without soy sauce!