Womens Running

Friday's Here Supermoms (Read 28 times)

superspike113

Honorary Old

QOTD- Both of my running skirts are Brooks, but I'm thinking about getting another one. Who makes the best skirts?  I tend to wear solid colors and don't like pink.  I had a SkirtSports one before but it was a tad small and just had briefs, I am most definitely looking for a skirt with shorts underneath and one with a long enough inseam to cover my thigh pudge. My Brooks Glycerin skirt undershorts aren't quite long enough and I only wear it on shorter runs with a bunch of Glide, but my Brooks PR Mesh skirt ones are very comfortable and no chafing.

TR2- I found out that one of the little girls that R played with last Sunday who had a fever the night before actually had SARS. Commence freakout!!

runnergirl- R doesn't really like me to read him books either, he just wants to sit on my lap and look at them.  I need to grocery shop and clean too.. tomorrow hopefully.

zorbs- mmmm grilled cheese with mushrooms. R loves his Papa too

Jen- glad you made it to work safely!  So far the only paper paged book that R seems interested in is Richard Scarry's Cars, Trucks, and Things That Go.

Ernie- Happy bday Seville!

Bermy- enjoy your haircut. You are so much faster than me, my 20 m long run took me like 4 hours. No doubt I'm faster than that now, but you are a total rockstar for doing that with a stroller!

cx2- Old Navy jeans don't fit me right. My RP was telling me how much she likes American Eagle jeans, I might have to look at those.  I'd rather cheap out on my jeans and save that money for running clothes.

Mer- I hate gas pains when I run, that's what happened to me on Wednesday. J sounds like he is just being an awesome little dude lately, its scary to think our LO's are going to be 2 in a matter of months!  I'm on hiatus from bookclub, I don't have the energy to read lately.

MZM- I love ART- makes me think of the John Cougar Mellancamp song "Hurt So Good" LOL. If you think ART hurts so good, try some Graston!

Shelby- good luck with your presentations and your pace run!

Terry- I thought about blogging, but I haven't gotten around to it. I thought it would be a more private way to share my photos and thoughts. I don't make a lot of FB posts because I have this pet peeve about people oversharing and just spewing the most mundane details of their lives. A blog, I feel, is more of a constructive way of sharing your thoughts and ideas.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Marathonjen

SO ANGRY - My eval was off to a good start until the principal got called out and never returned.  Now I have to plan a new lesson for Monday. Did I mention it is exam week next week too....grrrrrr.

Bermy – OMG I give you so much credit for running that far with the stroller.  I used to run with a guy who would push his then 2 year old on our 20-22 mile runs…crazy.  Enjoy your new cut and color.

CTimes – Glad C was good with your mom…I think babies are especially whiney for mom.  Glad you got some jeans…yep ON jeans are my jeans too since they are cheap.

Mer – Happy 22 months to J.  That the ILs are excited to spend time with him.  Sorry about your tummy issues.

Mrszm – I had to think for a minute how you knew what book I got…lol…duh!  Boo to M and C having RSV…I hope they recover quickly.  Good idea to have M tested for allergies…better to know than not.  Great job on the TM run.  OMG I can’t believe you are going to have 5 kids today…wow!

Shelby – I hope you have time to get your run in.  Glad H is happy despite being sick.  Good luck with your presentations.  J’s favorite book is Down By the Cool of the Pool!

CA – Glad you got a run and bath in yesterday.  Enjoy your run with RP today.  Great idea to start blogging again…I would love to read what you have to talk about.  LOL to M singing.  Boo to another root canal.

Spike – I hope you get a kidless run in tonight.  Glad R had fun with his cousins and slept so well.  That is awesome.

mrszackmorris

qotd: based on my day thus far i am researching condos in Florida. who knows of good beaches, resorts, condos to stay at if all i am looking for is a good beach.

runninmer

Are you looking for a more permanent destination? Wink

qotd: based on my day thus far i am researching condos in Florida. who knows of good beaches, resorts, condos to stay at if all i am looking for is a good beach.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

jen - B has this beautiful popup book and he ripped some of it, not all of it only because we've managed to keep it away from him.

ernie - happy birthday to S! Theoretically, pretzels are perfect, I am not much of a sweets person, it's still simple carbs and has some salt too. but they aren't as calorie dense as gels, so you have to eat a ton to equal one gel.  Good for training runs though.

bermy - does your DH ever watch DS while you go on a solo run?

cx2 - I only eat gels on race day.

mer - I will take salty over sweet any day.

mrszm - hope your niece and nephew behave!

shelby - gummy cola bottles are my favourite.  I almost bought sour peach rings today, but I haven't eaten them on a run before and didn't want to risk the sour stuff burning a hole on my tongue during 30K.

CA - isn't grandma moses some person from the civil war era?

spike - I want a tire to play with at the gym. QOTD - I have the most lulu skirts, followed by runningskirts.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

mrszackmorris

zorbs: i love peachie o's! Craved them so bad when i was pregnant with c. Your tongue burning reminded me when i ate shock tarts the day before the dentist and i had a huge burn sore in my tongue. He was like um what's that. I said well i ate a bunch of shock tarts yesterday...he had to put it in my record!

moxieluvah

mer - ipad question: do you know if there is a way to edit videos or put 2 videos together?

runninmer

moxie - Depends on how you took the video. If you recorded it through the camera, you can dump it in to iMovie and put the two videos together from there  I have heard that wevideo.com is a great tool to use to video and edit.  iMovie might be your best option if you have it, if not we video.  I do not believe you can edit right through the camera.

mer - ipad question: do you know if there is a way to edit videos or put 2 videos together?

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Erniegirl

Mrszm - Boo to the RSV. Hope they get better soon! Have fun having drinks tomorrow! Lol on your burnt tongue at the dentist. That would totally happen to me. I can't stop eating sour candies once I start, even when my tongue starts to hurt.

Shelby - Glad that ds is being so good for you even while sick. Is one of your presentations the extra one you had to do for missing that simulation? Boo to the cold and snow in your forecast. Winter has overstayed its welcome!

CA - Hilarious about the motown singing in the bathtub! Ugh, sorry you have to get another root canal, although I guess it will be good not to have a sore tooth anymore. How did your find the first one? People's experiences with root canals seem to range from "it was excruciating" to "it was a breeze".

Spike - The firefighter crossfit sounds really fun! For running skirts, I have Lululemon and Joe Fresh, but I'm not sure if the latter is available outside Canada. Omg, SARS?? I haven't heard much about that since the big SARS outbreak a decade ago.

Jen - Ugh, that is so unfair that you have to re-plan and do your evaluation all over again. Maybe it will be quick since the principal was able to observe you already today and it was going well?

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

K, a few quickly, but O's due to wake up and I should get some stuff done...

Ernie - The root canal from this summer was welcome relief from a terrible infection that had me back and forth to the DR trying to figure out what the heck was wrong with me, I felt like crap, like I had a flu for weeks, and then got this terrible tooth ache which had me at the minor emergency on the weekend to get antibiotics... the actual root canal wasn't bad though. I had another root canal a few years ago, and afterwards got a terrible infection, while on vacation and had a baseball sized welt on the side of my face. I'm thankful to be on antibiotics now!!

zorbs - I have no idea who Grandma Moses is IRL - the song is Grandma moses sick in bed, called the dr and the dr said, grandma you aint sick, all you need is a pepermint stick... it's a funny song!

spike - I have Lulu, runningskirts, inknburn, and cheapo ones from costco. Lulu, runningskirts and inknburn are all great. I've tried on skirtsports and they always look frumpy on me.

bermy - wowsers on the monster stroller run!

cx2 - I have never liked ON jeans when I've tried them. Silver are the best budget jeans I've owned.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- The only Grandma Moses I have ever heard of  was a famous artist  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandma_Moses

Has anyone tried Athleta skirts?

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

RunningUphill

A quick lurker post. . .

Bermy: 3 hours with the stroller???  How on earth does ds sit for that long?  You are amazing.  And a little bit crazy.  Please please please will you get yourself some big Tennessee hair at your appointment today? : )

cx2: I also cannot wear old navy jeans.  For some reason I thought the usual rules would not apply to maternity clothes and today I am wearing a ridiculously ill-fitting pair of ON maternity jeans.  I seriously cant stand them but they were $19 so hardly seems worth mailing them back.

Spike: good jeans is the one thing I usually splurge on.  But I will find the expensive ones I like in the stores, then buy them on ebay : )  Good jeans and good boots and I am a happy gal : )

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

This is the song... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0HQbRS4fUE

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

beckykay

Today was a crazy day but wanted to chime in on the skirts.  I thought lulu's were too short but recently purchased one on clearance.  I LOVE it.  Stays put and super comfy.  Runningskirts athletic skirts are ok, no string tie or anything to adjust them so I have days that they just want to fall off.  The capri's have the tie though so I have several of those.  Also have one from Athleta that I like but the shorts ride up so not great for a long run.  Target, same thing - ok for shorter runs.  I can't wait to get me another lulu one though Smile