Womens Running

Did you survive Black Friday Saturday? (Over 40) (Read 279 times)

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

I did drink soy milk until recently. I don't do any dairy. Since I stoppped the soy, I'm using less cream and rarely have anything resembling even a mild hotflash. I expected more, not less.

runlikeagirl18

Here everyone is! How nice to have a spam-free environment. I ran 6.2 windy miles this morning with two running buddies. 

I decided to change up my avi since I was setting up a new account. This is a picture DS1 drew of me a few years ago when he was mad at me. Looking at it makes me laugh.

Can we get the word to Tessa that we're here?

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Hi Cindy, I'm Cindy Smile

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Karen do you have Tessa's email or text her? Lisa isn't here yet or she could. I need to send an email to Judy

Marjorie

Hi!  Well I found my way over here too.  Thanks for setting this up.

No significant shopping here either... We were surprised to see Black Friday sales in Canada but apparently they are attempting to keep Canadians in Canada so they're now mimicking the US.  At least things were more civil.  We did go to Niagara on the Lake on Saturday.  Our Belgian exchange student (BES) bought a pair of gloves for his mom. We bought some chocolate and scones.  Then drove to Toronto - walked around City Hall then down to the CNN tower.  It was freezing so we walked through the underground passageways.  Did get ice cream cones and an Advent calendar at Laura Secord (both were Black Friday specials).  Then down to Union Station and above ground past the street festival (who else would have  street festival at the end of November but the Canadians) - something to do with the Grey Cup which was today but we never really figured out what. Then on to the CNN tower to take pictures then back to City Hall.  I have to admit I had no clue that Toronto had such a massive underground passage way.  Today, BES and I ran on one of the trails I used to bike on when DD was running competitively.  We only ran about 5.6 km but the hills were brutal.  I have no idea how DD ran it at a 7 min mile pace.  But it was beautiful, as everything was covered with a thin layer of freshly fallen snow.  Then lunch at Cora's, followed by a 5 hour drive home.  Glad to be back home although it was a wonderful weekend. Tomorrow we celebrate Thanksgiving.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Yay we can see you Susan

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Somewhere I have Tessa's email - I'll drop her a note and let her know we're here.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I sent Judy an email and I sent a PM to Tessa but who knows if the pm function is working on rw or not? I hope they join us.

Marjorie

Somewhere I have Tessa's email - I'll drop her a note and let her know we're here.

I hope so too!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Linda sent some messages too. Tomorrow I'll do a search and pm some of the others. There is a ton o' spam so I'll just have to go back with a google search I think.

Marjorie

annieSusan

Hi everyone! Thanks to those who helped us shift over to this site. I will a insert an avatar tomorrow. Kind of looking forward to hitting the hay. Short but good bike ride this morning, and helping DS shorten some new curtains for his  apartment this afternoon. It was fun to work on a project together.

good runs, all!

pannieSusan

SugarLand

I did not do any shopping Friday. Waiting for cyper Monday.

Ran 5 miles this morning it's been 2 weeks hip felt ok just have to make sure I stretch, foam roll and ice I might be able to run the Houston half in January .

Marjorie thanks for setting this forum up.

Hi to everyone else and congrats for all the runs that were ran.

welcome Steph

Have a wonderful evening

VickiSmile

Tar Heel Mom

kween

If your elderly, then what am I? 52 here.

i'm 58.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

MarjorieAnn3137, thanks a bunch for the link and for getting this started! I've sent my avatar so we will see how it looks. Wink

I'll try to get back here tomorrow before work. I will post my last several runs and the memorial run for Karnel. It looks like we are gathering pretty well. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns