Womens Running

Way too early Monday (Read 20 times)

Yay! Healthplex called back and all is taken care of. Whew.

Lizzie--Are you working from home now? Was today the first day?

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Anonymous Guest, sorry about the fray with dog.

Lizzie, are you very close to the home base of the new company?

5 little crocuses have peeked out in DC's yard and snowdrops as well. There is hope for Spring.
      Saturday we did 3.25 hours of volunteer work.
      Sunday Buddy did not join me. It was pretty cold so I suspect he went into his gym. He had hinted at that last week. I did 45 minutes out the trail. I didn’t have my music, but the birds provided a lot of great sounds.
      The Ospreys are not back yet. They usually come with warmer weather to take over their platform home. A sure sign of that is when the nest suddenly grows higher.
      Oh! I saw a grey squirrel with a creamy white plume on the tail! I'm always on the watch for the white tails. We used to have a black squirrel with a white tail plume.
      In the afternoon we did 2.5 hours of volunteer work again.
      Today was a 50 minute TM run, fast walk, then errands. Done.
      Happy runs, All ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Anonymous Guest

I think I got about an hour nap. DH on the other hand, the one that is supposed to be working, has taken three naps. After going back to bed around 5:30 and sleeping until almost 8. Sigh. I did make a Target run, but other than that I haven't accomplished much. Except a ton of laundry. Fedex still hasn't arrived and it's 80 degrees out. I may do a short TM run tonight, I may take the day off completely from running.

Damaris, nice job on the evaluation! That's awesome that your boss appreciates you, and just lets you do your job.

Susan, have fun at the quilt seminar. I am laughing/not laughing at DH not realizing it was 4 days. DH finally admitted a couple weeks ago, after nearly 24 years of marriage, "yeah, I don't always pay attention when you talk." Me: I know. I think this was in response to me planning on going somewhere and him not remembering.

Sandy, flooding sucks, but that means melting snow, which is definitely good news.

Kathryn, good job on the 5 miles this morning. Yeah, we're keeping a close eye on both dogs. Definitely no loss of appetite for either. They both seem fine today. Poop a little soft for Huck but nothing bad.

Liz, yes, cookies n cream ice cream with added hunks of chocolate chip cookie dough. Mmmmm. It usually takes a few days to start getting into the new job. I'm sure it will ramp up quickly once the mentor dude is able to work with you and get you going.

Bikes are here! The box broke on DH's and it looks like the fork is scuffed, but he called the company and they were super cool - yeah, that happens sometimes, take a picture of the box, the damage and the label and they'll send a replacement part out. Mine appears to be intact, I'm off to check them out.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, ugh, what an awful way to wake up. I would hate to suggest a waterproof mattress cover because they don't breathe and they can feel like a sauna, but sometimes you have to have them. We had one on the bed for a while after DH had a couple of hypoglycemic seizures with incontinence as a side effect. Hope Huckles -- and whoever left the Skittles on the counter -- has learned a lesson.

Liz, have you been clued in on what you are to be doing with your new job?

Susan, glad the gym is taken care of. How annoying. And yeah, what a big surprise that our beloveds don't always listen to us...have fun at the quilt seminar.

Damaris, I would not advise holding your breath for the COLA. I don't think it's high priority for the human Cheeto.

Blue Bell ice cream was good indeed. Lots of good ice creams in this country...

2.7 this morning and 4 at the gym at lunch. RN did not join me. She did LA yesterday and slept in this morning. I don't blame her!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training. Got "lucky" this morning and had to take my car in for service. It actually worked out well because the highway I usually take to work was closed from an accident. The car dealership is the opposite direction, so I didn't have to deal with the traffic disaster.

AnonymousGuest, not a fun wake up call. On the bright side, of the possible options of things that could have happened from eating the Skittles, I think the pee is the least gross.