Womens Running

(Over40) Bring on the weekend (Read 20 times)

Hi!  Great weekend so far.  Yesterday I rode here instead of out with the gang.  Only the really fast gals were riding out in the country, and I just cannot hang with them.  They did over 70 miles.  (she is training for a full ironman this fall)  I rode around my neighborhood and down the Beach Blvd several loops.  After an hour I stopped by the park--the local riding group had a group social ride.  One of my running friends was there, so I rode 10 miles with him and returned to the park for hot beignets and gatorade.  Perfect!  Rode another loop and went to the house.  30 mile ride.

Yesterday afternoon the local bike whiz came over to a friend's house and worked on everyone's bike.  Showed us how to clean, changed tires, adjusted brakes and gears, etc.  My bike looks like new!  He is going to change out the cassette on Wednesday--said he had a better one in his spare parts collection.   He works for food--we brought a big salad buffet.  I made peanut butter cookies and these yummy bar cookies with chopped up Reese's peanut butter cups--they were the bomb!

This morning we ran 10.5 miles.  Tough in the heat and humidity.  I had a pretty good run but my buddie was having a hard time so we walked most of mile 9.

Power sewing this afternoon Wink

Wow Damaris and Gatsby Bird!  Great job on the tri Carol!

The weekends really fly!

Happy Sunday.  I wish the weekends didn't fly bay so quickly.  DH left for a business trip late last night so I did a recovery trail run with some RC friends.

CrazySue, that sounds like a very productive weekend.  I'd work for food too, if it included cookies and bars containing Reese's.

Hi Ginny.  Enjoy the macaroni salad.  Nice job getting your 8 done.

Lisa, hopefully they let you switch from full marathon to HM.  That makes the most sense for your knee, definitely.  You still icing after walking on it?

Hi to everyone else!  Unfortunately I have to get some work done today so no more fun for me this weekend.  Boo.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

21.1 miles. I don't count my walk but if I did it would be 21.5. I will just go with the run miles. Overall it was a good run. I'm pleased with it.

Yay Carol. So glad you did well at the Tri!

Cindy saw the Gettysburg pics. How nice

Karen hope the run went well. How did dh do on his race?

Laura quiet days are always nice!

Gatsby. He was a bit torqued when they took the purple octopus away.  He really like it and was swimming well with it (much faster than he usually does). So when it was time for cool down we had the take it from him. He can over do things and we didn't want him to get hurt. He slept a ton yesterday. He was wore out

Ginny sorry you felt sluggish.

Lisa good idea to switch to the half.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

18 went well this morning. I so did not want to get out there and run, but cloudy skies for the first two hours made it quite pleasant. Still warm (although I think I got done before it hit 80) and humid, but for an August summer day, not too bad. I stopped back at the house after 6 miles and again after 14 just to refill my water bottle. Both times the dog was sure that I was back to take him for his walk. The third time I came back it was good I was done, he was whining and giving me the paw and following me around the house, so we went for our now traditional 1.2 mile post-run walk.

Picture from yesterday's racing:jake

I think I did get some decent shots of DH, but I like this spectating one. DH did okay, got a top ten in the first race. The second race he was still feeling the hard pedaling from earlier and mostly just sat in and then sprinted at the end. I think he was top half, but barely. A friend of his won that race so he was happy for him.

Lisa, good call on switching down to the second half. You've done the first half, you've done the full, you need to even it out! And it's probably for the best to not have a full on the horizon right now.

Nice busy weekend for you Susan! Cool on the bike guy. DH has shown me how to change a tire, but I need to actually practice and do one myself.

Way to get the 8 done Ginny. Mmmm, macaroni salad.

Gatsby, is it sad that I read your post and thought to myself "I'm so lucky I'm not working right now". Gives me a chance to just have the weekend to hang out and goof off. Before I was trying to fit so much in.

Nice run Marjorie.

I took a two hour nap this afternoon! And when I woke up DH was just finishing washing my car! He washed both cars and now he's beat. So I ordered a pizza for dinner and it's here!!!

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Wow Marjorie and Karen--great runs!

I thought he would teach us to change the tires, but he changed them and we all just sat and watched.  If I have a flat during a race I think I will just cry and wait for rescue.  Wink