Womens Running

Polar vortex returns Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 16 times)

Kantkatchme

Zorbs- sounds like an invigorating run! Ha!  

mer- glad there is no ear infection.  Congrats to your parents!  40yrs is awesome! I agree, I wish I could keep A this small for awhile.

ca-

ernie- +1 on going on the toilet!  Uhoh I hope your furnace is ok!  My DH does Hvac, they are so busy with the freezing weather!  It's good to know someone!  It is super expensive!

moxie-  ugg, Whitney toddlers! I keep saying I can't wait till A an talk and tell us what she wants... And then we will also hear what she doesn't want!

rg- hope all is well at the OB.  Cute about R waving to your belly.

spike- lol on t Rex, good job w the ST!  I don't think I could stay up that late!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

moxie - ugh, I hate that toddler can't make up their mind stage!  YUM love paninis!

mer - which pattern?

spike - lol on the T-rex arms!  My kids were gone half the weekend too - they both slept at gparents friday night and didn't get home until around supper on saturday.  Those elk steaks sound amazing!  O looks up to M so much these days, she just wants to do whatever she is doing and follow her around. I don't think she sees any negative w/ sharing us w/ M, M on the other hand loves attention from us.

kant - skiing with the chariot is a lot of work, nice job!  I like that O is small but I'm a little worried that the dr will worry about her height, she's so low on the curve (or below it).

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

Kant- I normally am snoozing/drooling on myself by 9 pm, I only stay up that late once a year and only if I have an overnight babysitter.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Kantkatchme

Rr-  I think I'll run to the library and back again.

Nrr- bought a bunch of food to make freezer meals, need to do that today.

br-  was suppose to have a play date at the inside jungle gym, but was asleep when we got there, so we came home.  Of course she woke up as soon as I put her down.  Now we need an activity for the day  Loves to dance... It's so cute!

runninmer

CAR - The pattern that I linked to....not sure the name...color pop something I think?!  I like the colors.

zorbs -  I guess the reason I asked was because many SAHMs say they will go back to work when the kids are in school and with everything you have been posting about, thought you might have a plan.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

moxieluvah

mer - when i asked our 4k teacher about the difference she said initially there is a small difference but by month 2 of school you can't tell. it's not convenient to get A to preschool, which is why I asked about it and they made it seem like its not a big deal at all to not have any preschool before 4k. Or maybe they just didn't want me to feel bad for not sending her to preschool!

spike - so glad you had a good time out, we all need those once in awhile!

mrszm - thanks! I will pass the info along to DH.

kant - bummer on no play date. my kids love to dance too, so fun!

runnergirl9508

zorbs- whoa, sounds like a good run! bummer on having to run solo- I know you're used to having an RP or 2! hope the preschool tour goes well. we need to check out a couple too.

mer- hope you can get out of work on time today. have a good run! I have yet to purchase anything from lulu   glad that H doesnt' have an ear infection. aw, J sounds so cute. that's great for your parents! DH's parents just celebrated their 40th last year, too. such a milestone.

CA- whoo- fast workout tonight, enjoy it! umm what- 9pm?! crazy girl. does she at least stay in her room? aw, O loves her big sis- that's sweet! enjoy the leftovers- no cooking for you!

Ernie- hope the run and ST went well today. YAY for poop on the potty!!! have fun at the library today. ugh on the furnace repairs. hope you can find someone to fix it who won't charge a ton.

moxie- ugh on the whiny/mind changing stage. my nephew just went thru it, with some pretty epic tantrums along the way. ugh. mmm, I'm coming over for dinner- I love Panera!

spike- hahaha on the t-rex drving. I hope R is feeling better today. great job on eating up your freezer stock. sounds like a great time at the banquet, and bonus on the day off yesterday.

Kant- R packed on weight fast his first year too- he was 6lb4oz at birth, and weighed 24lbs at his one year check-up. lol. guess I had some high-cal breastmilk! have a fun run today. bummer on A falling asleep and missing the playdate- I'm sure you'll come up with something fun to do.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

runninmer

moixe - I am sure A will be fine in 4K! Smile  Does your daycare do "lessons" with the kids?  When I asked about preschools here, many teachers said to use the daycare lady they used, but she wouldn't give J a chance.  Evidently, at this lady's house, they don't watch TV, their day is really structured just like a preschool.

Upcoming Races: 

moxieluvah

mer - no "lessons" mostly just play time and once in awhile crafts. I wish she did a little more structured time, but she is an awesome person and the kids are happy. J is going to end up being super smart and well-known and all these babysitters are going to be regretting that they didn't give him more of a chance.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - she came out of her room a couple times but we just told her she had to stay in bed..  she's pretty good though.

Erniegirl

I am please to report "Young Gordie" has already ordered the necessary part and will be coming to fix our furnace tomorrow. He is very efficient  Hopefully the furnace doesn't stop working in the meantime, but I don't think it's that bad.

~~~

zorbs - The cold weather didn't seem too bad today, although I am still getting tired of having to layer up so much. Does your town do a drop-in preschool program? My sister sends her oldest to one sometimes - you can drop them off whatever days you want and just pay the daily fee. Furnace thing is not like M at all - we are going to give the guy some cash for his work.

mer - Ha ha, new styles are the best and worst thing about lulu. Swimming does lead to great sleep - S napped for nearly three hours yesterday! Maybe you'll have to start taking H to the pool to get him to sleep better...

CA - Lots of speed work for you! How many speed workouts per week in this portion of your training? So cute that O wants to be everywhere with M.

rg - Since you are feeling movement, I am sure R will be able to feel some kicks in no time! Glad you finally got some sleep

moxie - I guess furnace repair places can pretty much charge whatever they want because when your furnace breaks in the winter, you need to get it fixed asap! Whining drives me crazy, too. Paninis sound yummy.

spike - Lol at t rex driving. Don't feel guilty about the weekend - every mama needs a weekend to let loose now and then! I've had moose, but never elk. You make it sound really good!

kant - How far away is the library? Sounds like a dance party might be a good indoor activity for the day!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Ernie - most weeks have had 3 quality workouts, one of which is the long run, but last week just had one speed session. This week has 400's and a tempo.  Great news that the "Young Gordie" has things under control!

runninmer

ernie -  I looked up swim classes for H.  Our Y doesn't offer them until 6 months.  Sometimes I wish we had a membership so we could take the boys.....then I remember how cheap I am! Smile

Upcoming Races: 

superspike113

Honorary Old

Ernie- elk is very good. I think I've only had moose sausage. Or it might have been bear? Either way, wasn't a fan. I ate the leftovers today and they were still tasty. Deer is inedible as leftovers.

FR: I have navy bean soup going in the crock pot so now I can run errands instead of cooking dinner.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07