Womens Running

Dark Side Weekend (dailies) (Read 21 times)

Arimathea

Tessa

Haven't been here in days, sorry -- finals hell. It sounds like I need to go back and read.

Elina, congratulations on your first trail race! Nice work.

Diane, you did a full marathon. Sorry about the heat misery. Sometimes it happens. I have a few DNFs on my record.

Kat, oh dear -- RIF or similar? Sorry. That sucks.

Karen, hope Riley is feeling better soon.

Susan, how frustrating. I hope the jelly tastes good!

Laura, enjoy the shower, hope DS has fun at prom.

Damaris, what kind of show?

Ginny, I have not been to a chiropractor, but I am wary of statements as broad as "do not run or work out at all". I would thinkt he chiro should be trying to find things you can do, not issuing a blanket prohibition

Liz, how blonde do you want to go?

Pleased to report that kittens are all still here and all eating and exploring. The littlest and only girl, Juniper, is not gaining weight as fast as I would like, but her four brothers Jupiter, Jacques, Jax, and Jericho are gaining at varying rates. Turns out they were only 3 weeks 2 days when we got them! Far too little to be away from mom IMHO. I'm glad we started syringe feeding them straightaway, they needed that supplementation. Now they are drinking kitten formula from a bowl.

Running: I have not been to the gym even once this past week and will not get there this coming week either. Bah. I have managed runs most mornings, not very long ones but at least the rubber (sole) has hit the road. 7 miles this morning. I may be walking a lot of Pinelands.

Docket_Rocket

It was Jim Norton, the comedian.  It was at 7pm and we were home by 10pm.  Perfect.  Now I feel old, lol.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Awww, poor kitties.  Glad they are doing well, Tessa.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Kathryn - Congratulations on the race! You really got up close and personal with some cows Smile My brother got chased by a cow once..LOL. Everytime I see a cow I think of that Smile I didn’t realize your mom was 80. She must be doing just fine if you two are going on that FANTASTIC trip this year! I can’t wait to see pictures from that trip. Polar bears are my favvorriitteeee. I have been thinking about you a lot - hope you are hanging in there regarding the job situation.

Run4kupcakes - Cinco de mayo cupcakes?!?!?! WHAT? What kind were they? OH that is creepy about the calendar. I just figured it was iPhone because my parents have the same problem. I try to explain the Apple ID issue but they just don’t understand 

Susan - Nice job on the relay! I know you had said you weren’t really excited about going. OH NO on the jelly!!! Sad We got some strawberries yesterday at the farmers market..they are SO GOOD. I would love to try your jam!

Diane - I am sorry the race didn’t go as planned. You have to remember that the HEAT can take so much out of you. Weird things happen to your body in that kinda heat. It was necessary to DNF - and you still made it 26 miles!!! I have ran so many times in awful heat and I seriously have thought about giving up running after a hot slog..You really did great considering the conditions! Don’t be too hard on yourself.

Tessa - You have been so busy! Sorry you haven’t been getting the miles in - but you can only do what you can do! Pinelands will be a blast regardless if you walk Smile Glad the kitties are doing well. Hope Juniper gains some weight!

Carol - Hope you are rocking out Philly today!!!

Sandy - Can’t wait to hear about the race!

Off to start cleaning…cloudy day here so I want to get it done so I can be lazy Smile Oh, and its rest day for me Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

5 miles this morning.  Walked the pups too.

Pretty much recovered from the strawberry jam debacle yesterday.  I will mop the kitchen again after church. I just couldn't do it last night.

Kat!  Loved the race pics.  Reminds me of home.  I still wish I had moved back to Texas 25 years ago, but Mississippi has been pretty awesome too.

Tessa--glad the kitties are doing well.

Enjoying strawberry jam on homemade biscuits.  Yumm!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 8 miles tonight.

Liz, enjoy the rest day.  There is a reason why I pay someone to clean my house, lol.

Susan, I read and was flinching as I read of all the damage.  Glad you are done with that.  Nice 5.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

6 miles for me this morning, perfect 50 degree, cloudy day.

Off to an afternoon of soccer, DS is playing  in a spring league, which is only 5 weeks.  Of course, it is supposed to rain all afternoon....typical LOL.  I am bringing a book and will head to the car if it's too miserable.

Talk later!! 

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Quick check in for Diana.    She will be off the grid for a little bit.

"Shiprock Marathon in New Mexico, 89th overall, 29th female, 3rd in AG!!"  (Diana says, "What!?!", but I don't think that's so surprising.  )

"Hot!! 80 degrees, no clouds, slight breeze, pavement.  Ouch!  Tummy ache at mile 22-23, had 1/2 gel and the aid station gave me clear Gatorade instead of water.    Was on 4:30 goal time but ended up walking most of mile 22, ready to puke.  Just felt awful.  Right hip area was annoying/achy/tight after mile 10, had to stretch at each aid station.  But sucked it up, strong finish 4:45.  And was totally shocked I placed!  2nd place beat me by 8 minutes."

"As Karen said about 'dirt trail running is stupid' - road running is stupid!"  

"Got this race out of my system finally."

Kilmisters

Lizzie, smiling about going back to super blonde. Couldn't help but think of the Legally Blonde movie. And that's totally right attutitude you have w your dad. Hoping the condition is nothing too serious.

Kat, nice pics (especially the cow Big grin) and glad to hear it went

Diane, not be too hard on yourself. Heat is the worst. I've always thought downpour/wind/both is more bearable than that. Waiting for report, tho, always love to read those.

Laura, bring a book. It's soccer. There is a 90% chance it will be as exciting as watching paint dry. And this is coming from a European.

Tessa, 5xJ, huh? Jericho, really? Smile So cute! As for the mileage - it's not like you haven't been moving at all. And judging from race calendar, you'll have quite fun company to walk with.

Sue, a relay? I must have missed smth... How did it work - how many laps/what was the distance? Those things always sound exciting.

Friend tagged me in a race pic from yesterday. I'd say knowing how awful those can be, this one isn't that bad.

Off to watch Latvia-Finland hockey game. I'm afraid we'll get destroyed.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Awesome job, Diana!  Congrats!

Nice picture, Elina.

Laura, nice 6.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Ya know, it's nice to have a good run every once in a while. 15 for me today, longest since Boston and until Fargo. I got a late start due to not sleeping well again and then dealing with poor pathetic sick puppy, so it was in the 80s when I finished around 11:30. But the dew point was only 60, so it didn't feel so awful. I just ran around the neighborhood so I could stop back in and check on poor pathetic puppy a couple times - he was fine. So with the late start, no clouds, no trees since stuck in the neighborhood, I was not expecting much. I wasn't expecting to actually get all 15 miles done and figured I'd quit early. But I felt pretty strong and actually sped up a bit the last few miles. 56 miles for the week, and now I taper. Probably a pretty drastic taper, because I'm tired from building back up from marathon to 56 miles in 3 weeks.

Last night our neighbors invited us over to hang out at their pool for Cinco de Mayo, but with Riley sick and DH racing in the morning, neither of us was really up for it. These are the neighbors that went to the IMTX finish line and now want to run with my group (she said they wanted to do a half, he told DH he wants to do an Ironman in 2 years, in which case he should probably be thinking about a full by January) so I would have liked to have gone over, but I was so tired. Plus between Riley being a drama queen when he's sick, and me being a worrier, and DH being a hypochondriac (he was googling "can people get kennel cough" when the neighbor texted me), I just couldn't extrovert.

Elina, great job on the trail race! Hope you are being lazy today. Oooh, that is a great trail running picture.

Diane, sorry for the DNF, but sometimes they happen. You have to be smart out there and if you were dealing with heat exhaustion, stopping was the right choice.

Ginny, I went to a chiro in Maryland that was great, but he dealt primarily with athletes. There's an outfit down here that has chiropractors, but they also have PTs and your appointments are half manipulation/massage/ART/Graston stuff and half working with the PT on what stretching and rolling and strengthening exercises you need to do. So I think a chiro can help, but I think there are also some out there that aren't that great, and the problem is it's your body they are working with so if you get one that isn't willing or doesn't understand how to work on/with an athlete, it's not going to be good. Long way of saying I agree with those that said get a second opinion.

Laura, loved the prom pictures on fb, you son is adorable. Hope the game today isn't too miserable. Always bring a book, that's my motto.

Liz, I understand how you're feeling about your dad. Especially since I think you're more of a daddy's girl like me. I'm trying to plan a trip back to see the parents but they are supposed to be scheduling another trip to Mayo and are supposed to let me know when they won't be home. Riley's doing better today, mostly sleeping. Coughing and barfing less too, which is nice. I gave him his breakfast in three different small helpings to make sure he could keep it down. He has not lost his appetite at all.

Damaris, hope the show was fun. Not looking forward to summer when we get dew points like that. I will now go enjoy my 80 degrees with low humidity!

Kathryn, nice job on the race. Wow, that cow was close. We had rain overnight and into Saturday morning, but was gone by 7 or 8. We're sunny and 80s now too. Luckily the dew point is not mid-70s like Damaris though - it's perfect pool weather.

Susan, yikes on the jam mishaps! Nice that you were able to do the relay.

Tessa, good to see you and good to hear the kittens are doing well.

Cathy, thanks for checking in for Diana! Hot and no shade is what I've heard about that marathon, and it sounds like that is indeed the case.

Diana, if you see this, congrats to you!! Great pics.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

Oh, Damaris, I finally tried birthday cake gu. I bought a box of 8 from Running Warehouse but DH has been eating it all. I tried one on my run this morning and OMG, I am so buying more! Thanks for the recommendation (I don't remember if I saw it here or on fb)!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

I ran 5 miles this morning and felt great!  Not even a twinge, but when I sit for any length of time the back catches until I walk it off.  It is better though.  Just don’t think the running is the culprit, I think I just twisted it or injured it somehow.

beautiful day here, mid 70’s sunny.  Getting ready to grill a pork loin, family coming over,

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Oh, Damaris, I finally tried birthday cake gu. I bought a box of 8 from Running Warehouse but DH has been eating it all. I tried one on my run this morning and OMG, I am so buying more! Thanks for the recommendation (I don't remember if I saw it here or on fb)!

It was in FB and that's exactly what I did. OMG, I must order more!  I only brought one for my race (out of 5 gels) and not sure which one of my three flavors I now love best, lol.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

6.5 miles. Super humid this morning. Ugh.

Lizzie, the main cupcakes I went for were dulce de leche.

CrazySue, were the dogs involved with the jam incident? Always fun with kitchen issues when they try to help.