Womens Running

Wonky Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Still cold. Spring will be so welcome!

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday I decided to go with my friend to the track, especially since the direction I would be running would be to the left. I wanted to see what effect that would have on the foot. Actually, either left or right would be ok. I did 35 minutes and the foot seems to be happy. I am being cautious.

Today will probably be a cardio session. I will go out to dinner afterwards.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

Judy, I'm glad the foot is better.

Tessa, I'm surprised that "church" tells people ahead where they are going to be.  They must just want publicity.  The float trip is almost 2 weeks and with the remote start and end, it will take us a few days longer for the travel.

Marjorie, my development didn't get much snow and ice! I don't know how we escaped since areas all around us were hit hard. Even my sister, 30 miles south, had a car damaged from icy trees. 70,000 are still without power.   That's why I felt so lucky yesterday!  Did you get any?  Funny about Hammy.

Karen, you'll have to find a new cross training activity in Texas.  : )  It seems you've done a lot of shoveling this year.  I agree this trip looks spectacular.  It's also a great, congenial group with a lot of wilderness and river experience.

Laura, I'm glad the roads are better.  My last position was similar to yours, though our clients were hospital/ER frequent flyers who didn't meet HHC criteria. It was never boring and an eye opener into different lifestyles.

I did the easy loop here yesterday afternoon and need to do 3 today. I'll be at my mom's for a couple days.

Bikerchick1

judy - glad your foot is feeling better!

Camille - that river trip looks amazing!!! how wonderful to be able to do that with agroup of friends.

Laura - do 2 of you go to the home vsits or do you go alone? In my new position I see so many older women who dont have anyone to help them fter surgery, etc.  my 2nd choice of a career would have been social work, wth my new role I am doing alot coordinating care, etc.....I am rally enjoying it.

Ended up running on  TM last night, didnt get out early enough.  Hoping to get   out to a weight class tonight

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Camille heavens no.  We don't get snow or ice very often.  It was in the upper 40's yesterday and will be 50's today.  Tomorrow is another story but no rain.  Just super cold for us as we will not get out of the 30's tomorrow.  Glad it wasn't too bad for you.  Westboro always say where they will be.  They really do hope that they get the publicity and they also want people to engage them.  That is why our pastor was so adamant that we not even acknowledge them so they would just go away.  They hope to get a rise or counter protest out of people so it makes the news.

I was up at 4 but have not left to run yet.  I did some work so I guess I should go and run just a bit.  I did foam roll some and did some other things.  Will do a light recovery run today.  I'm planning on a rest day Friday as where I will be in NC will be wind chills probably in the single digits.  No thanks.

Waves.  Here is to hoping that no auditors today.  I worked late yesterday to catch up and was on my computer doing stuff from 4 til now (well minus the few minutes to foam roll) so I don't feel bad going to run now.

Marjorie

annieSusan

Good morning!

It's been too cold and icy here to run outside for the last week, but I had a decent TM run on Monday and Tuesday. Today I have a class, then hair color and cut. Yay!

camille, that float trip looks fabulous! Will you be canoeing, or in a raft?

tessa, that is awful that those Westboro people will be in your area.Good (but difficult) to ignore totally.

Lisa, sciatic nerve better?

hi everybody else!

annieSusan

Good Morning!!  4 miles on the tm this morning.  I was so wiped out last night--slept like a baby.  Really needed it.

May take tomorrow off to call a plumber for the washer line--I think it is clogged.  ;(  My current plumber is a goof ball, so I may try another one. What a bother, but with two a day workouts I really need my washer.

I don't want to be at work today.  If I didn't get to wear my new booties, I would have stayed home. Wink

Later!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

4.2 recovery run.  Quincy wanted to go and I wasn't so sure.  Well Hammy did .05 and stopped so they did get the day off.  Quincy was mighlty disappointed.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Breathing a sigh of relief. Just off a conference call where I actually knew what I was talking about, and found myself using meeting facilitation skills I learned in my class in November to get the group to come to decisions. It was pretty cool. And we got done a half hour early. I need to do the minutes before I forget everything (I still haven't completely mastered the art of running a PPT, talking, facilitating, and taking coherent notes for the minutes). I guess it wouldn't be quite right for the body of the minutes to just say "Karen was awesome today", but that's kind of my takeaway. Well, that, and that I volunteered to do a bunch more work, but that's pretty typical - get consensus from the members on what needs to be done, staff does it, then gets final okay from members.

Cold here today, with snow supposed to hit during rush hour. And I have 11 miles on the schedule. I will run as many as I can on the TM, but I may have to break it into two runs and finish it up tomorrow on what would be a rest day. Just don't know if I have the mental fortitude for over an hour and a half on the TM. I can't watch TV because the dang thing is so loud. And unlike Tessa, I haven't mastered the art of reading on there either.

Judy, I'm glad the foot is doing better. Seems like you were smart and caught it early.

camille, glad you were spared the worst of the storm. I will be more than happy to give up the shoveling XT!

Carol, I'm glad you're liking your current job. That is so important. Hope you're able to get out in time for the weight class.

Marjorie, hope you were able to get out the door and run. I got in early today, but not nearly as early as you! I smile every time I think about Quincy and Hammy running with you.

annieSusan, great to see you! I desperately need a haircut myself. I wanted to get it done this weekend, but they rescheduled last Sunday's race for this Saturday, so I had to reschedule my Pilates earlier on Saturday, and we're flying down to hopefully close on the new house Sunday night. Will be there all week next week, so I may have to just find a place down there to get it done.

Susan, nothing better than a good night's sleep. Your training must be really starting to ramp up - only three months now to IMTX!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, good for you for getting all those tasks done! I prefer to have someone else take the minutes if I'm doing everything else, you are superwoman.

And it's probably a good idea to find a hairdresser in Houston since you aren't likely to fly back to DC every time you need your hair cut. Perhaps Lisa's DD has a suggestion or two?

Marjorie, RN's friend is running the same race I am, Los Angeles on March 15th. She got sick last weekend so missed her long run, RN impressed on her the importance of doing it this weekend.

Laura, interesting -- we couldn've used you last winter!

Carol, I am sorry for all the old ladies who have nobody to help them out after they are discharged from the hospital.

AnnieSusan, good to see you! Enjoy the cut and color.

Susan/crazysue, new boots? Good reason to go to work! Sorry about the plumbing issues.

Judy, nice that the foot is happier.

Camille, wow that is a long trip.

4 this morning, solo, no other run today since I am going to church at lunch and have class this evening.

Karen--YAY!!  Great job on your meeting.

Tessa--I have such huge and hard to fit feet.  Decent fitting shoes that don't look like Nursemates (yes, in high school one shoe store tried to fit me in nurse's oxfords) is really a challenge.

89 days till IMTX.  Remind me to keep smiling.  I signed up for this.  One hour on the trainer this afternoon, knitting group, bake cookies tonight.  I'm in survival mode.