Womens Running

Cereal Thursdays! (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Docket_Rocket

Karen, I would hope a small bolt would pass, unless it won't move out of his stomach.  What a bummer.  Next late April I am off to the Galapagos.

Damn, that's so awesome!  One of my dream marathons is the Easter Island Marathon and I would love to go to the Galapagos one day as well.  Super jealous.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Karen, I would hope a small bolt would pass, unless it won't move out of his stomach.  What a bummer.  Next late April I am off to the Galapagos.

You do all the coolest things!

Yes, I am hoping so as well. It's pretty big, but still a bit smaller than the diameter of the poop I pick up (TMI?).

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Karen---Yikes! I hope Huckles can pass it.  Maybe it is still under the sofa or something???

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Susan – You have a standing desk? That’s awesome! YAY for DH’s return!!

Kilmisters – WOOHOOO on the games!! Good luck on the meeting and getting some sleep!

Docket – Smart to move the run. Good luck on the 12 tonight! Yes, the position sounds really cool! I am the same – I do better with less distraction. I think I will want to visit sites more than they require though. Just to get out. The Disney race sounds like so much fun!!!!

Cathy – Nice running for you the past couple days! I am surprised your legs are recovered from Tuesdays run Smile Funny, it was 25 degrees here this morning and I didn’t wear a jacket. I was freezing and wish I had! So..LR going to have to be on the treadmill?? Yes, I agree – I will need to get out of the house. I spoke with someone who works on that account and he said its nice to have that availability to go out and do some things during the day. Maybe gym at lunchtime?! Wink Speaking of music, I think I am going to run the first part of my LR tomorrow without music. Main reason is because it will be so early and I need to be aware of my surroundings Smile I don't think I have done a training run this long without podcast or music. We will see how it goes!

Lori – Nice walk on the TM. I have never tried Honey Bunches of Oats! What kind of earbuds do you use?? I use the ones that go behind the ear.

Kathryn – Nice job getting out there this morning! OOO what are you going to try in the Instapot?! LOL at Barney. Did you post a picture and I missed it?! Galapagos? I want to be you when I grow up. Smile

Judy – YAY for a great run in new shoes!! I bought a new pair of Wave Riders a few weeks ago..going to break them in tomorrow. Is it sad that we get excited for new shoes?! Thanks – sometimes I am not sure of what I want and can’t make a decision. Then, once I make the decision I wonder if I made the right one – haha.

Karen – Oh no!!! I hope Huckles is okay! Oh boy. I had to laugh a little while reading your post - its like you are trying to discipline your child. Smile Poor buddy. I hope he is able to just poop it out. Ouch. Laughing at your cereal for dinner. I know that is what you like to eat for dinner when he is away Smile I love Aftershokz headphones!! Oh, and its normal to discuss poop here. Smile

Had a second interview around 11 this morning. That was kinda weird...it was awkward. I am not sure he really knew what to ask me. Haha. Anyway..anxious to hear now! I hate this part.

I may be stopping by our wedding cupcake place on the way home. They have pistachio today!!! YUM!!! Have a good afternoon/evening all!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Anonymous Guest

Yes, he did indeed eat the thing. The vet showed me the x-ray and it was sort of hilarious. The good news was that it was moving fast and was already almost all the way through his colon. So they said just to watch his poop, it should be coming out in the next 24 hours. We came home and he went outside and pooped it right out. Work on your timing Huckles........pooping an hour earlier would have saved me the $100 x-ray! It was pretty much worth it to see the x-ray though. I wish I'd had them make me a copy for DH. He wants me to call and see if they'll email us a copy.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, I hope the X ray shows the bolt at the end of his large intestine ready to emerge safely. That or you find it when you're wielding the plastic bag. (Or even better DH finds it when HE is wielding the plastic bag.)  Bad Huckles! He does sound like he's in his bratty adolescence.

Lisa, I will check out the trail running groups, though when I would have time to do that I do not know...sigh. Still trying to figure if I can make Glass City happen. If I get my 5/1 renewal all bound up early, maybe. I will go guilt my primary underwriter again. There are at least six excess layers on this program and they have to be put together in order, so I need the primary figures first.

Alcoholic brownies? What beer do you put in them? The ladies who came to Brazos Bend should remember the Guinness gingerbread.

Liz, fingers crossed for the new job -- though remote can be a challenge as well. Would it count towards your PMP hours needed? 7600 hours is nearly 4 years full time!

HCK, it is March. Spring will come!

Cathy, you run outside in the summer, right?

Cereal -- I put it on Greek yogurt along with berries.

4 this morning, now WFH. Wish I could have done that yesterday when the big storm came through, but I have a class downtown on Wednesday nights. Back to work!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, nice the interview got scheduled quick!!!  Good luck in hearing back.  Pistachio sounds AMAZING.  No, I hadn't posted any hair pics.  Just purple.  Funny at the race on Saturday there was a mixup on shirts and they one woman was like - look for the woman with purple hair, we owe her a long sleeve!  Sure enough, I stood out.

Karen, glad the bolt passed.  $100, CHEAP!  We charge $200, WITHOUT consult.  But then a bolt is pretty easy to pick out.  They should be able to email you a copy.  I remember in vet school it was my duty to dig through a cats poo until the needle it ate passed.  The life of a vet (student.)

Damaris, I would love to go to Easter Island one day too, but heard the course is meh.

Hey Tessa!  Nice miles and WFH!

Never killed Barney...  Too lazy to get up and get moving.  First I napped for 2 hours on the couch.  Then I poured a glass of wine and have been out back for the past 2 hours.  Lovely out, 67.  No laundry, no errands, no grocery store, no nothin'.  But then no food either.  Sad  Now my dog is laying in the flower pot watching the world go round.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training. Ready to fall asleep now.

Lizzie, hope you hear back soon on the interview.

AnonymousGuest, Crazy dog. I would think he should lose his house privileges for a while. We had to do that with our last dog after she ate a huge chunk of leather chair.

KatS, do they have phone lines for vets like nurse lines for humans? That's about the only way I could think you could work remote.