Womens Running

Thumbs UP THURSDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Docket – Yay for happy news at work!

Diane – That is a good idea about the treadmill. I will have to remember that when the real long runs come around. Nice miles last night! I am sure you are in full blown vacation mode.

Susan – Ugh on the hot miles. I don’t even think the worst is here yet. I am with Cathy, 9 days sure sounds tough haha. What are your other options for challenges?

Sandy – Woohoo nice 7 this morning! Ugh, that is warm. I think this weekend our temps are 72 dewpoint 71. WHHYYYY. I sweat a lot too and have a hard time staying hydrated. As soon as I have drank enough water that my pee is clear…an hour later it is back to super dark. WTH. I give up sometimes. A STAYCATION sounds awesome. Seriously. Great  idea about the switching of running routes. I get excited when I run in a new place, don’t you?! I am trying to get HCF to ride his bike around..no luck yet. He needs some exercise in his life! Rugers paw is doing much better, thanks for asking! We took him to Petsmart last night and they put some stuff on it. We went ahead and got some ointment for it too. They said it looks like he stepped on a rock that went in the wrong way between his nails! Sad Lets see this weekend….we are meeting with the wedding planner Saturday morning and having a cookout with my best friend and her DH that evening. On Sunday…we have 0 plans! WOOHOO!!!  Smile Virginia’s slogan is “VA is for lovers”.  Smile I guess that is true? IDK.

Cathy – Nice jog this morning! Ugggghhhhhhhh 72 dewpoint at the start? Ew. You will be drenched! I guess the bright side is that it is a trail race..so maybe there will be some shade. Def Leppard/Journey concert sounds fun! Its annoying that the holiday is in the middle of the week!

Karen – Oh no!! Feeling like you are going to be sick is an awful feeling. I am glad you are feeling better – that is really weird though. Did you eat anything weird?? Nice job getting out there for some miles, too! Especially after last night. 77 DEWPOINT!? NO. LOL. Ouch. I hope you feel better this afternoon!!

Kilmisters – Awe, she is adorable! You must be having cold weather?! JEALOUS.

Docket 2 – Great race report! Congratulations! I love that it was a small race with a hometown feel. LOVE your room!!! And hey, you made some friends Smile You always take good photos!

Have a great evening everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

I changed my mind and signed up for OTF.  Or really, I saw my race pictures and I realized I need to go to OTF...daily. LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

Damaris you look amazing in your pics.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wednesday was stormy so I did my 35 minutes on the TM. Afternoon was 3 hours of heavy volunteer work. Whew!
          Today I hope to run out the trail pretty soon. It looks like rain. I’d better scoot!
          Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Damaris you look amazing in your pics.

But not in this one!  Why do I always look like I swallow a whale in the official pictures?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

I don't even download the crappy ones I've taken...there are quite a few out there.  I still think you are incredible.

Docket_Rocket

Thanks. Smile

Ran 2 at OTF and OMG, Karen, it was fun and super hard!  I spent the whole class in green even on the rower and the weights, so you can tell how hard it was.  We were jumping every X seconds from one thing to the other while the TM people did push, easy, all out, etc.  It was fun.

Unfortunately, I got stuck at OTF for an hour almost because of a bad storm and the storm is still around but now I must go to Publix to do grocery shopping so I think I'm calling it a day with running.  I will run a bit more on Saturday to make up for them but not worried.

Damaris

Fundraising Page