Womens Running

Cheesy TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

ginnyb

library reference question of the day...."why do centipedes exist"?   What do you say to that!

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I tried looking up my photos from the race – and they say they have some of me, but they are of some dude. LOL. Weird!! Not one of me Sad Not sure if I will have any! Bummer.

Really was hoping to get to Body Pump today - but after walking the buildings this afternoon, I'm still pretty sore in my hamstrings. I don't see myself doing endless squats and lunges for an hour. Ha. Not going to push it! Walking the buildings and Ruger will be my workout for today Smile

Carol – Yes, it was all good things  Smile Nice 7 yesterday. This weather has GOT TO GO!!!!

Karen – Ah yes, looks like you are back to puppy routine. At least their mommy is home now  Smile Never had Jack in the Box but it sounds really good! Don’t know how you are able to run today. Phew. Yay for cooler temps coming!

Judy – It is so sticky outside!! Its awful!

Susan – I was thinking about you when I was watching the hurricane coverage. Glad it won’t be affecting you! Oh yes, he did ask me to count light bulbs. I was talking to our engineers today and they told me they sent him a count of the light bulbs. Sounds like someone just wants to throw their – you know what – around! Never knew mullet was a fish!

Sandy – NOOOOOOO! NO! NO! Ugh! I was hoping you would have 0 pain this morning. Sad I am sorry that you are having such a tough time with this stupid injury. I really want you here for Richmond, but understand if its just too painful Sad SNOW? Good thing the race isn’t THIS Sunday! Wow. We are getting record heat and you are going to get snow. So crazy. LOL – business in the front party in the back hahahahaha.

Cathy – 8:53 goal pace? Nice job!!! Speedy!!  Smile We were pretty foggy here this morning, too. Oh yes, its going to take me some real motivation to get on that treadmill. Ha. I hear good things about Chicago and NY..but I have no desire to run them. I think my anxiety would be way too high just on trying to get to the start line. Aw, sweet of your friend to look forward to seeing you. She is right – even though Sandy was at the halfway point, it still broke it up for me mentally. What is next for Mr.Math??

Kathryn – Aw, thanks! LOL at your Aunt! GOOD FOR YOU for putting your foot down! You are exactly right – if you say yes now, they will always expect it. Good idea to talk to the practice manager about it prior to signing, too. I am jealous of your confidence in doing that. I am trying to be the same!!

Docket – You deserve a rest day!!!! Boo on the London Marathon Sad

Lisa – So tired of the sweaty runs. Aw, you are supporting his hobby just like he does yours Smile So cute! Makes sense now! Okay, now I want some stuffed crust pizza. I am still dreaming about the pizza I ate in the airport. It was so good. But, I probably would have loved anything after a marathon!

Ginny – I do the SAME at the ob!! LOL. Nice miles this morning! The new Garmins are nice! I am going to add that to my Christmas list this year Wink How the heck would you know why centipedes exist?! Weird question. They are pretty gross though.

Have a good afternoon everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Just 3 of the 5 hilly miles that I had planned. Too fricking hot and humid again and I had trouble breathing. I don't have asthma and so definitely hope it was due to the heat. My followup appointment for my heart is next week and I hope it isn't due to whatever is going on there (I feel nothing. It is the doctors that are checking into it as I've apparently too many heart beats along with a low heart rate. I guess Tuesday I will find out). I'm waiting until after that verdict to decide which if any races to register for. I want fall and cold weather now.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

dhuffman63

Trails

Lori not sure if your cardiologist has had you wear a Holter monitor or not but you may ask them to check for aFib.  I had to when I first was diagnosed with Graves as my HR was ridiculously high.  So on a betablocker and for me I can't run without it spiking high and I have trouble breathing.  Just a thought.

30 min on bike at lunch, will do 5 on TM tonight.  I'm "tapering" so will only do about 30 miles for the week.

Docket_Rocket

Just 3 of the 5 hilly miles that I had planned. Too fricking hot and humid again and I had trouble breathing. I don't have asthma and so definitely hope it was due to the heat. My followup appointment for my heart is next week and I hope it isn't due to whatever is going on there (I feel nothing. It is the doctors that are checking into it as I've apparently too many heart beats along with a low heart rate. I guess Tuesday I will find out). I'm waiting until after that verdict to decide which if any races to register for. I want fall and cold weather now.

The humidity (high dewpoint) will make you feel like that, especially if you were trying to run at the same pace as when it's not that humid.  Good luck!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ginny-LOL on the question you had. I spoke to a job candidate for a reporter role and let him know that he had not moved to the final round of interviews. he told asked to see the resumes of those who did (yeah right!) then went on to tell me how he hadn't met or talked with anyone during his interview process that had stronger qualifications than he did. He had interviewed with the editors in New York and Chicago.  What arrogance.

Elina- waves!!

Lisa

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Diane.... yes the cardiologist had me on the holter monitor and I've done all the stress tests including the mibi. I suppose I will find out next week what the diagnosis is. I'm not going to lie. I'm a bit of a basket case

Lori

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

OK, after much thought and convincing husband that he will survive a weekend without me...

Congratulations!

You are registered for Mercy Health Glass City Marathon

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

YAY Damaris!!!!!!

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

OK, after much thought and convincing husband that he will survive a weekend without me...

Congratulations!

You are registered for Mercy Health Glass City Marathon

Damn. Now I really have to register. Bit I'm still waiting until next week. Yay

Lori