Womens Running

Countdown Wednesday (dailies) (Read 17 times)

Kilmisters

World Cup starts tomorrow!! I see that Margaret and Damaris are the only ones excited here... 2 is better than nothing Smile

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Kilmisters

Lizzie, I hope you didn't shift anything around to suit mammel's sudden plans. Ugh. Booking the whole day and leaving the day-to-day tasks/meetings aside is NOT the way to reduce possibility of future f---ups. I would say that tears are unnecessary, but crying often helps to let the frustration out of system. It's even phyisologically proven. Head up, girl! Hoping this day is better.

Damaris, for whatever reason, your story made me smile. Probably because it is so ridiculous. Women.

Sandy, is your supernervous colleague a sales dude? Or customer support? Either way, wth, I get it when you talk like that internally (sometimes), but to a customer? That would NOT make me confident in the product you are providing. I do my best to stay calm even when having frustrating situations w other departments (finance, sales, real estate development), let alone external people. Slam the phone/door or curse after that all you want. AFTERWARDS.

So, yesterday, I ran home from work, got into shower, drank half a bottle of non-alco beer, then light dinner and fell asleep. At 8pm. DH said the whole chain of events looked funny. Like, this angry girl got her run, got her food and is now done w this crappy day, bye, haha. Well, at least there is lots of energy today. No development in ''can we discuss the data'' topic. I stopped caring and am already planning how to improve the methodology for next week data.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I didn't run last night due to time, but I will run tonight.  7 with 4 min @ 4% hill intervals.

Hershey is again, constipated.  Spent most of the night a bit whiny and me not sleeping.

Elina, I'm excited!  And yes, it is funny now.  Unfortunately, after she came back she resented the great work I did (I guess she felt threatened) and I was closed to being fired (for the first time ever and hopefully the only time I come that close).  Fortunately, we were already planning to move here so before she started trying to fire me (she started with a written memo for some BS "error"), I told the gossiper in the office I was leaving and within 24 hours the whole company knew.  Job safe until I left. Smile  And after I left I heard they fired her when she couldn't blame me for the mistakes she started making.  Karma works!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

9.1 speed work miles for me. I did 8x .3/w .1 rest.

Pretty humid out there (68 dewpoint)..but it really wasn't that bad at all. My intervals were in the low 9's..which I was fine with since it was so hot. I was struggling by the last one..but its done! I had my podcast on but I was in my head for most of the run. Nicer weather beginning tomorrow..so my LR should be somewhat pleasant!

Yes, Mammel is a turd. Sigh. I showed up today so there is that. The meetings today should be interesting...hopefully no angry tears.

Is this week over yet?

Sandy – Really weird about the guy at your work. If my kid was in the hospital I for sure wouldn’t be at work! I am sure he is just upset and maybe that is why he was speaking to the customer that way? I don’t know but he shouldn’t be there!  10-12 is still long silly. Man, now I am really considering Fiji again haha. Would you island hop at all or just stick to the one island?

I will be flying into DTW as well! Flights are much cheaper.

Run4kupcakes – Hope you got to bed early last night! That was my plan but of course it didn’t happen.

Kilmisters – I tend to cry when I get extremely frustrated. I am also super sensitive to things like, someone talking down to me. I was immune to it years ago, but now it hits me pretty hard. Maybe because I know that is not the way someone should be treated. Thought of you yesterday – they had a World Cup countdown at the gym! I like your outlook about the data. I need to follow a page in your book.

Docket – Bummer you didn’t get to run last night. Good luck tonight! Still can’t believe that affair! KARMA got her for sure!

I am feeling jiggly today. Changed my outfit so many times this morning. HCF thought I was crazy. Maybe Hershey isn't the only one that is constipated...LOL.

Have a great day everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, there is some release afforded by a "good cry". However, if I do that, I end up with a lousy sinus headache for the entire day. 

Good weather had me dashing out the trail. I met a running buddy and she and I did 60 minutes with a good catchup talk afterwards. I delivered some materials at my library only to find their fire strobes had to be fixed to turn them off. My friends I worked with were all outside so we had a good talk together.

Today I may have to scoot down to the park or stay home. It is supposed to storm, but a little later in the morning.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Seloc

Elina –  neurotic coworker is a help desk tech.  He gets wound UP talking to customers.  Yesterday was scary.  Your eve yesterday sounded PERFECT!  Wow that’s quite the sleep for you on a weekday.  I was getting the lowdown on the World Cup from dirty bed sheet smelling guy at work.  I’ll try to follow but it will be hard to watch games since I do not have cable TV

Damaris – awwww poor Hershey!  Mine whines EVERY DAY he has to poop.  Which is every other.  I can’t seem to get the right formula of wet food with extra water and Mirlax it seems.  You mean that woman with the affair wanted to fire you BECAUSE you did such a great job while she was licking her wounds??  OMG, people.  Where did you live before?  Did you move for DHs job or yours?  Only cuz I gather Miami may not have been your first choice?

Lizzie – whoa, killer workout!  Nice job especially in that humidity.  Mammel is a steaming HOT turd (LOL – that totally cracked me up, Gatsby).  Hope the meetings go okay today.  We are here to listen if you need us!!  I’m with you, how is it only Wednesday??  Not sure about the Feb travels and island hopping or not.  A girl I went to high school with is a travel agent so I’m letting her come up with some itineraries.  I’ve always done all this myself but don’t feel like putting the work in this time haha  Oh no on the clothes attack!  I bet you look awesome.

Judy – fire strobes??

7mi for me – 4 of those with slower RB.  Freakin AWESOME weather!  Lizzie, I kept thinking of you.  Humidity dropped HUGE overnight.  It is a picture perfect day.  I should be playing hooky!  Especially since the weekend is supposed to be 90s with dewpoints approaching 70.  Gross.

Bus was 14min late due to detour and train.  Meant I struck up a convo with this woman at the stop that I see often.  I feel like I’m turning into my mother when I talk to random strangers!  She used to do that when we were kids and we would be mortified haha.  Anyway, this woman went to the same high school I did and I graduated with her brother.  WAY too small world.

Docket_Rocket

We are from PR and except for our two years in HI while he was in the Army and the decade plus here, we've lived there all our lives, Sandy.  So, it was in PR.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

If I don't post now I probably won't get to at all. Crazy week again.

If I get to the gym I will be watching the WC on the treadmill, and we do have a viewing party planned for lunchtime (that's the time here) for the final. But like Sandy no cable so not watching it at home. I will be keeping up with the results, though.

Sounds like we would all be flying into Detroit for Glass City. (Hotel Lisa!) I do need to talk to my boss about that, though. I have a very large client whose program renews May 1st and we expect it to be even more complicated next year than it was this. It is possible I may not be able to take the time off.

Poor constipated Hershey. I don't think our cats have had a problem ever. At least there's always plenty to be scooped out of the litter boxes.

Nice runs Elina, Liz, Judy, Sandy. Sorry you didn't get yours last night, Damaris. Good luck tonight.

I did manage 3.4 this morning. Missed my bus though. I am not even posting now that I will try to get to the gym since it happens so rarely. And I am definitely not running tonight, picking up more kittens after work and also baking for a retirement party tomorrow. Happy runs everyone!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

54 minutes easy this morning.  Starting to get humid and it was 65 degrees at 6 AM.  But I won't complain.     Found out they are moving our team to another part of the building next month so we can collaborate with other teams.  That's the idea anyway.    I will lose my window office.  But due to tenure I was one of the first to pick my new location so I will have one of 4 window cubicles.  We will also be near some support personnel so it will be more noisy.  Hopefully not as bad as what Sandy is subjected to. 

Elina, I have a hard time watching sports unless I have someone to root for... who should I root for?     I don't know about people that carry on work affairs, and believe that nobody else knows about it!

Damaris, have fun with the hill intervals!    Aww, poor Hershey.  And poor you for not sleeping!

Lizzie, awesome speedwork!  Glad the foot did not bug you!   I would like to believe that Mammel is not malicious and just clueless.  I hope the meetings go OK.  San Fran is where we went for our honeymoon.  Hawaii is nice, I would like to go back there!  DD did do the first trail race in the series by herself.  Though she did find that guy that offered to run with her for part of the way!  The conditions were pretty miserable so she was not happy.  But I think she will be fine for this race.  Also, she should be able to start running cross country this coming school year so I figure that she should get comfortable running by herself.  Our wedding cake was part cheesecake and part "regular" cake.  Though we did the traditional saving a piece of the cake for the next year's anniversary and I have to say that year old cheesecake is not good.  

Sandy, neurotic personality and help desk do not go well together!  So what is your HR when you are running with slower RB?     Look at you talking to all these strangers!  DH is like that, he will just talk to random people.  I don't know, it will probably take 6 hours in travel time to fly to Glass City, the only difference being that I don't have to drive quite as far.    Though driving through Chicago is always a pain.  The other option is to take the express ferry from Milwaukee to Muskegon, and drive through Michigan.  That is about 4 hours of driving total.  And it may be interesting, I've never taken it before.

Margaret, wow, 6 kids from China?  That is awesome!

Karen, cool that you will get a replacement for your Garmin!  You should have forced DH to go vote with you.  

Cathy

Anonymous Guest

10 miles this morning. It wasn't quite as hot (76 at 6 am, as opposed to yesterday's 81). I stayed up too late finishing the book I was reading, so it was hard to not go back to bed when Riley got me up a little after 6. I needed coffee before I could do anything, so I probably didn't get out the door until 7. The last couple miles were hot, but not unbearable. Need to drop my garmin off at the post office today and maybe run a few other errands, other than that, just the usual for me. DH was asking me this morning where and when he could vote. I told him yesterday was the last day of early voting so he had to wait until Saturday.

I searched the entire upstairs and finally found my old garmin 220. I remember it was acting up some, which I used as an excuse to get the 235, but mostly worked okay, so I charged it and it looks like it will work okay until I get my replacement. I also have a 310xt that I use mostly on the bike, but I found the wristband for that and can use it if needed as well. God forbid I go without for a run or two!

Elina, as someone that played soccer all the way through college, you'd think I'd be interested in the World Cup. I have trouble getting interested in pro sports in general though. I'm with Cathy, you're going to have to tell us who we should root for!

Damaris, you've worked with some real.....winners.

Liz, they others are right, Mammal is a giant turd. I know it's hard, but try not to let him get you down. You are smart, funny, good with people, and damn good at your job. He's lucky you're there. Nice running in the soup this morning. We honeymooned in St. Thomas, but I will say I enjoyed the time we spent in Maui a few years back. Living here it's hard for me to get excited about beach/warm weather destinations, lately when I think of where i want to go I think Colorado, Maine, etc.

Judy, nice run and lots of socializing for you!

Sandy, wow on the help desk coworker. Glad someone is going to talk to him. Nice weather for you, enjoy it!!!! I will live vicariously through you. Was it you that asked how we keep the pool cool? So far we haven't done anything, the water gets warm, but not hot so it still feels good and cools you off. But our neighbor the pool contractor was telling DH they make something called a chiller that will cool it down. So he wants one, I think we're fine the way it is.

Tessa! Good to see you. More kittens, I am amazed by all you do.

Cathy, it is so so good to see you posting about running again. I'm excited about DD's 5k. And that she can run cross country next year! DH over the years has gone from big office to small office to cubicle to no assigned space. One reason he works from home so much. He went into his office for the first time in a few weeks on Monday and got there kinda early so he picked a nice window cubicle overlooking the lake. Apparently some other guy "claimed" it by getting there first most days, leaving his coffee cup, writing his name on the whiteboard. He said he was getting the evil eye all morning until he had to drive over to the campus for a meeting. And of course now he says he'll go in more often just to mess with the guy.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Kilmisters

Lizzie, nice speedwork! Hoping your day wasn't too crappy. Karma will bite mammel in the a--, that's for sure.

Sandy, ok, superstressed dude working at helpdesk is even more wtf. Not. Helpful. Our internal IT helpdesk always has the ''oh, you poor technologically-challenged thing'' voice (which can be annoying too Big grin), but never stressful attitude. Reminds me of a conversation w IT when I called because of data error not that long ago. ''There is data in SAP for this store that day that hour, it can't be true.'' ''Why?" ''The store wasn't working at that point'' ''Are you sure?'' ''*checks the name on phone caller id* Linda, the store was literally on fire at that point, I'm damn sure it wasn't open to customers'' ''Oh..... We'll check it''

Tessa, watching WC on TM sounds very efficient. Watching hockey was tough, lots of stuff happening all the time, so had to be careful not to lose balance (Big grin); no such risk for football, hehe...

Cathy, Karen - I'd cheer for England; they deserve it. The chances aren't too good, tho, but whatever. After they lost WC hosting bid (for this year's tournament) in the usual FIFA corrupt style... And Liverpool lost in the Champions League final... English fans deserve some football-related celebrations. That's my two cents.

Damaris, that's quite a sequence, which you managed incredibly well. Such stories just remind me how people underestimate political games going on in businesses/governmental institutions. Well, not quite underestimate; but one thing is to know it's happening, but seeing actual situations - yeah...

The data I worked so hard to prepared was accepted and sent out. Yay. Little victory. At the end of the day when boss was sitting and chatting w her dude again, she called me and asked if I could come to her office. Uhhhm.. Ok. Turns out there was some data the sales guy needed; more detailed approach to a report I am usually preparing. He's actually a really nice guy, cheerful, lovely, joking all the time, so we found a common ''vibe'' and started making stupid jokes around the report topic and high-fiving each other, driving boss nuts Big grin She was all serious about topic, but we were both like ''Slow-moving-stock. Yeah, as slow moving as the brains of our finance guys sometimes... huehuehue'' Big grinD (Sigh) I don't feel guilty one bit about those minutes of utter stupidity. And the data preparation took only 5mins as I had all the needed stuff. Oh well.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Judy – You are absolutely right. A good release comes from a good cry! But it does give you a headache. Hope you are able to get a run in before the storm!

Sandy – WOOHOO nice run this morning! YES we are getting some of that perfect weather beginning tomorrow! I am kinda excited to run long Smile I was near that yucky 70 dewpoint today..not fun. I am having a hard time getting used to my handheld water bottle. That and it keeps stretching and falling off of my hand. What kind do you use? Look at you with all this extroverting! Small world! You are just making new friends everywhere Smile Awe, thanks for saying I look awesome Smile SWEET that your friend is a travel agent! I am interested to see what she comes up with! One good thing about Hawaii is that my parents will most likely give us 1 or 2 weeks of their Marriott timeshare. I hope so at least Smile The Marriott in Fiji looks AWESOME..but I bet that is a high ranking one – meaning too expensive to trade weeks around. We will see. LMAO..dirty bed sheet smelling guy. LOLOL.

Cathy – I am with Karen, I am so happy to see all this running you are doing! You are back! Oh boy on the move. At least you still managed to get a window Smile Cubicle will take some getting used to! Oh that’s right! I remember you telling us about that guy! I am excited to see how she does! YAY for cross country next year! If I could do it over, I would have done cross country. I was too busy getting stoned in the bathrooms. LOL. Nowadays the bakeries that do your wedding cake  will offer to make the same cake for the first year anniversary. So you don’t have to save it Smile

Karen – Whew, nice miles today! Uhm 76 is still freaking hot. I keep forgetting that you don’t bring your phone with you on runs..I was going to say you could download an app and use that! You played soccer?! How cool! Awe, thanks for the compliments! I would SOOOO honeymoon in St Thomas but I am worried about the islands condition after the hurricane that went through last year. There are still a lot of resorts that aren’t open! Yes, you need cool destinations haha Smile I am laughing at the guy reserving the cubicle. LOL. I am sure you encouraged DH to go in more often. Wink

Kilmisters – Awe, glad everything turned out okay today!! Run today?

I am craving salmon so I am going to pick some up after work. Oh, this morning when I was eating toast..I took a nice chunk out of my tongue. OMG I forgot about it until I just put a piece of gum in my mouth! Ouch!

Have a good night everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Half Crazy K 2.0

Got off work early because it was the last day of school. Doesn't mean much for me, I work year round, just that there are fewer around for short portions of the summer. To celebrate, I took a 2 hour nap. Did get in 7.75 miles with tempo intervals.