Womens Running

Matchup Wednesday (dailies) (Read 20 times)

Kilmisters

DD has her first intramural floor hockey game tomorrow morning, she is pretty excited.  She says that she is very aggressive.    

/whispers/ Tell her to use the elbows... And when accelerating put the first step on opponent's foot... And when running in the corner make subtle stab at opponent's ribs... and.... ok, I will stop now Big grin

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

Nope Cathy...there were less than 50 people in the entire race...I rarely saw anyone and those were all of 4 people running the 50 miler.  I'm over it now and no biggie since I won't do that one again.  There are so many to chose from so I have lots of opportunities and it's not like I looked like anything but a soaked cat.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Elina, that's Miami as well!  0ft elevation for a run.  Well, I ran around a curb and got 9ft elevation gain last night...

Diane, yes, post the INB picture when you get one. Smile

Judy, grrr, come on, toe.  HEAL!

Sandy, it was warm, but compared to real heat, it was awesome to be outside in May.  My hair looked like Medusa when I got home but I was happy.  Nice 6.

Ginny, sorry about the back. Sad

Cathy, nice 4.  Based on the fact that she treats everybody like shit (and yelling at me yesterday is a major example), she must be really stupid to not know!

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Elina, good luck on your run Saturday, you will have fun.

Lisa, enjoy the coffee, that is where I am at currently.

Lizzie, Nexgard is a good product.  We sell a ton of it.  Good luck with the bigwigs and here's hoping to mammal screwing up.

Sue, I am flabbergasted at your boss.  WHO ON EARTH WOULD DO THAT??  I think you are handling it well.  Tough not to lose it on someone that awful.  You plan of attack sounds good for tomorrow.  Best to you.

Damaris, awesome at the outside miles.  Your soon to be new boss sounds like a good guy.  Frustrated (at him, not her), Megan emailed the artist 2 days ago, no response...  Sad  I don't really want to be a pest.    I will give it a few more days.

Judy, hang in there!

Diane, excited for your race Saturday.

Sandy, Columbia?  No.  Never been to Central/South America.  I assume you are thinking of going?

Ginny, YAY on Woodstock.  I get being discouraged, so am I.  When is Cleveland??  Could you just run as far as is comfortable and walk the rest?  Or would that be just as frustrating.

Cathy, 80 and snow left over?  At least you were close to home when the rain hit.

Sitting out back feeling kinda mopey still.  Throat is sore, sniffly, and body feels like lead.  Though, I think it will pass.  Think I might go out for a short walk.  Doubt running is in the cards.

Race (long walking slog for me) is forecasted to be 78 and raining this Saturday.  Beats the thunderstorms that were predicted.  Lots of hills and boulders, with some dirt that will likely be mud based on the rain predicted for the remainder of the week.  Hopefully the stream crossing isn't a river.

I actually called and set up an appointment for labs on the 17th.  I would be surprised if things were abnormal, but good to rule out.  Depression and laziness go a long way to being fat and out of shape.  Funny, I don't feel depressed, but I know I am based on my behavior.  I think it is just loneliness, the meet up groups I do either haven't been posting events, or the events are at times I can't go to because of work.  Such is life.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah, wait and see.  Lust was an old design so it could be the artist is hard to find now.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

10 for me this morning. It was hot and humid. I was going to get up early to get it done, but it was already hot and humid and I didn't want to go out there so I procrastinated. Then I ran when it was hotter, still humid and the clouds burned off. When I finished it was 86, feels like 96. I am not ready for summer. I know it's May, and we've been lucky with weather so far, but no.

Elina, . Love the conversation with your boss.

Liz, make that GMP, not DMP. Because it's more doable than dream, it's goal. Maybe in a few weeks, maybe not, but it's happening. I couldn't even run one mile at that pace right now.

Damaris, of course the office asshole doesn't realize there's an office asshole. It's kind of like my Ragnar theory - it's going to be awesome but there will be one person in your van that is annoying after awhile. And if there's not, look in the mirror, because you might be the one! (Not you personally, you as in "me" in this case.)

Susan, get things in writing wherever/whenever you can. You don't deserve this treatment, or the stress that it's causing.

Diane, that sounds doable. I think a lot of the ultra stuff is mental, and you've got tons of mental toughness. I also think this is where we have to consider time vs distance. I probably can't explain it very well, but the guy that spoke at my conference in Portland talked about injury and the one thing that correlated most with injury was not distance, but time. The more hours on your feet, the more likely you'll get an injury. It's almost like training is slowly pushing towards whatever that point is and seeing how close you can get without going over. But it's different for everyone. So as long as you do a slow increase and pay attention to how you're feeling, you can do more. But don't go crazy and do mega mileage, because you're going to be on your feet a lot longer than someone running.

Sandy, nice workout. I avoid people by running at 10 am on weekdays. Can't keep doing that though with summer here.

Ginny, that sucks. I'd wait and see what the chiro says on Friday.

Cathy, it is so so so so good to see you running again. I would have loved a storm this morning during my run!

Okay, gotta go do a couple things. Back later for page 2.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Docket – LOL no hill work! Especially not after a race haha. So, what is happening with your old boss? 80 dewpoints…uuggghhhh.

Susan – Damaris makes a good point!! I am sorry you are dealing with this..I wish you could quit.

Judy – Awe, youll be back out there in no time! I would cry if I couldn’t run, too.

Diane – YES!!! I like what I do but not who I work for..so I completely understand. Oh, at least the humidity is down..what is dewpoint supposed to be? Glad the massage was good. I really need to look into getting one. Let me just say something about building up to 50 mpw – I thought 60 would be too much for my body to handle. I think you would surprise yourself. Have a great time at the concert tonight!

Sandy – Nice miles this morning and body work! Wow, get it girl  Smile Never been to Columbia, are you considering going?! Funny you should ask if I have ever see anyone running – I saw someone this morning and said good morning and waved..she ignored me LOL. Never seen her before. I usually see this woman and her dog running around 5:30 and we always wave. But other than that..nope! Man, I would be annoyed by running into people I knew all the time. Understand about wanting to be alone. I always tell HCBF if he was a runner I wouldn’t want to run with him haha. I know you drive places sometimes to get to routes, do you see people you know on those trails, too!? Thanks for the vote of confidence on the race! We will see…..

Kilmisters – Wow, Lativa crushed us! Haha. 60 degrees at the start time?! 500ppl in the woods does sound like a lot. Are they staggering start times??

Ginny – I am sorry your back is still borhtering you! I am interested in seeing what the xray shows.

Cathy – Nice miles this morning! And speed? What the what? I think Cathy is making a comeback  Smile I love it! Wow, even though its been 80 you still have snow piles? That is crazy! Must have been a lot of snow. Oh, I like your dream about Lakefront Marathon – you know I am going to run that marathon with you one day. One day meaning maybe next year Wink I have had those dreams like you had about DD. Mine are usually that I forgot to feed Ruger. Weird. Are you up to anything fun this weekend? Look at me thinking about the weekend already.

Kathryn – I am sorry you still aren’t feeling good. And that you are feeling lonely. Girl, if I lived closer I would come drink wine with you multiple times a week! I know that doesn’t help. But wish I could help!! 78 and rainy? Yuck..at least the rain will help cool it off? Trying to look at the bright side.

Karen – UUGHHHHHH I can imagine what you are running in. Nice job pushing through. Feels like 96? NOOO. Okay, GMP Smile I have been weather stalking a little..but of course what it says right now isn’t really accurate. I hope by "a couple of things" you mean jumping in the pool.

Have a good evening all!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Let me explain to you what FLAT means:

Anything not like this, IS NOT FLAT AND I DON'T WANT TO RUN IT, LOL.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

DH and I went out to eat, so didn't get a run in. Did do some strength training when we got back. It went from cool to 90. I'm not ready for that.

Docket, AC doesn't look flat according to the map in my log, but it really is the scale. The "highest" elevation is 10 feet.

Busy place here today!  I ran 8 miles this morning before work, planning on around 6 tomorrow.

Wait, what?  How is it that so many of you are talking about temps in the 70s and 80s?!  Wasn't it just snowing?  What happened to spring?

Kilmisters, laughing at your coaching tips for floor hockey.  Who are you rooting for in NHL since Flyers are out?  San Jose Sharks are in it but will likely crash and burn.  Can't say that I'm following them too closely, I wasn't raised with hockey... not a thing in California when I was younger.

Turtles, without question Kilmisters knows what she's talking about.  But still, maybe your daughter should not jab too hard with the elbows just yet...  Sorry about the drenching this morning but sometimes it's not too bad.

DHuff, Karen -- with respect time vs. distance when training for ultras, Karen's point makes very good sense.  I think training plan mileage is supposed to correlate roughly to time on feet, but that goes out the window if one is doing a lot of walking.  You wouldn't want to walk 30 miles just because the training plan calls for a 30 mile run, since your chance of injury goes up with that much time on your feet (versus the amount of time on your feet if you were running).  I will just add that rest & recovery time is vital to all of this.

Damaris, laughing at the utter flatness of that route.  I don't think I could do something that flat, my legs would rebel!

Kat, sorry you are feeling down but it's good that you recognize what's going on.  And always good to get things checked out.  Any interesting volunteer opportunities that might get you out of your funk and out doing something with new people?  Museums?  ASPCA?  Food banks?

Seloc, I've never been to Columbia.  A little unsure of how stable things are there with the FARC and residual drug trade. At least they don't seem overtly hostile to Americans like some other places that I looked at when considering our S. Am. race next year.  Any interest in going to Chile to do the Pategonia Int'l Marathon next year in Sept?  https://www.patagonianinternationalmarathon.com/en/  Although I know you've been to Chile already.

Lizzie, you are right that employers should be more open to giving employees flexibility in where they work.  I work for the government and they know that they can't compete with private companies on salary and other perks, but one thing they can offer is flexible work schedules and the ability to work from home ("alternative duty station"). Works for me!

Judy, I hope the toe is feeling better!

Lisa, agreed, coffee is good!

Sue, smart not to send the snippy email.  I hope the call tomorrow is productive!

Ginny, sorry your back is still bothering you.  Hope that the chiro can help.

HCK, cool to 90 degrees?!  

Hope I didn't miss anyone.  Off to fix dinner!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

GatsyBird, the high on Sunday was 54. Today 90.