Womens Running

Monday Madness - Supermoms (Read 18 times)

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- Yikes on the water in the light fixture! Its nice to have a handy husband. My DH gets so cranky/frustrated during projects that its worth it to pay someone else though lol. R was being so cute at the wedding, hopefully my sister isn't annoyed with how many shots of my kid I got lol.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie - a lot of people use ATB as a training run and don't trash their legs.  almost everyone I know PBd yesterday and we were all saying post race that we all felt pretty good.  See my reply to CA.  You need to remember why you wanted to run a marathon and think about it when you don't want to move your ass.  When I was training for my first marathon, I really really wanted the satisfaction of completing, and therefore the training was very businesslike - it's just what I had to do in order to complete a marathon.  I want to say I'll come up and run the last LR with you, but emma needs me too.

eh - ha on DH and his fat hints. He is in such good shape that he can just go out and run 19 miles! he should have come to Hamilton and bandited the race.

mer - see my post on FB re: horrible meeting with a manager.  I want to kick him in the balls, repeatedly.

CA - ATB is a week later than usual this year, usually there is enough time to sandwich ATB between a taper week and a recovery week.  Some people (Beth) said I should take the recovery week instead, but my last high mileage week was 73K and if I don't run 73+ this week then jumping into peak week of 83 next week will be total hell.

e_rain - our house was also built in the 50's and there's no room for 2 people to work at the counters.  did you see Robin's race result? she is amazing.  The hilarious thing is when my friends and I were driving to the race, there was a car in front of ours that looked exactly like hers (complete with the Boston 26.2 sticker), my friend sped up and passed by, honking, we all waved..and then we realized it wasn't Robin.

kant - that's big mileage for midweek! are you doing the Ottawa half?

spike - hahahah on the "crazy" reply. Sometimes we reply to B's questions with adult (inappropriate) answers and I guess some day he'll realize and call us out on it.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - that's why I set my base goal as MP.  Because even if I didn't PR, I'd still feel good about having run 30K @ MP.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

zorbs - Glad ATB was such a good race for you, that is always such a great feeling. I will check FB when I get home tonight.  Some people....

ernie - You are not lame.  A 3 hour nap sounds awesome.  Sometimes sleep is more important than running!

eh - I WISH I could accidentally run that far!  Your DH should take the dog with him for a few of his miles!  I doubt it is possible for you to get fat.

CAR - That is scary about the wife/baby.  I hope everything turns out well. I would HATE to have DH gone for 2.5 weeks.  Not to mention how jealous I would be for him to be in Italy and me be in WI!  Definitely something I will never have to worry about.

e_rain - Yay for a PR.  The Boston course sounds awesome!  Gald you had such a good weekend of running.  Drunken madness would make me a very unhappy wife!

kant - It was the pm that got me on Saturday.  It was bad.  Makes me scared to run long again.  Need to look up taking Immodium while nursing.

spike - The pics from the wedding look great.  J was all hopped up on sugar yesterday and DH made the decision to let him skip his nap.  Then DH couldn't handle his behavior.  WELL, if you had listened to me about the nap, we may not be in this situation.  Bummer about your DH being gone 3 weekends in a row. Sad

rg - They are at such a great age for helping with those tasks!  J helped DH make muffins yesterday and it was pretty cute.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

running eh

mer - I am so full from my lunch, but your baptism FR still sounds delish!  You are going to be shocked by how small J looks in his new bed - definitely take comparison pics.  Sorry about the meeting - your co-worker sounds so difficult!

CA - scary about DH's bosses wife.  Hope everything goes okay for her and baby!  I LOVED the Dorothy dress - it suited M so well!  Yay for snuggles.  DH never wears the Garmin - he wore it once or twice, but he doesn't trust it....

e-rain - YAY on the PR!!  Congrats!  Funny how poorly laid out some kitchens can be.  I need to bake today, but the weather is so lovely I also should go outside!

kant - what kind of dog is the younger one?  how old?  Our dog is driving me crazy lately.  It is my fault (should have been much more firm when he was a pup).  sorry about the stomach bug - so frustrating, hope you feel better soon!

spike- such a sad story about the man and his family.  Heartbreaking!!  Do you have a favourite corn chowder recipe?  It is on my menu for the week too (but as I am typing this I realize I forgot to buy corn...ooops)

rg - ughh on the water situation, but it is good that DH can fix it - that stuff can get so costly.  My DH is super handy too, but I wish he was a mechanic on the side Wink  DH doesn't feel ready for his half.  He knows he can do it, but he wants to do it really well, and he doesn't feel up to that.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Eh- I never follow recipes. I diced up about a 1/2 lb of bacon, fried until not quite crispy. Discarded bacon grease, sauteed 2 sticks of celery and 2 carrots 1/2" dice in the bit of grease stuck to the pan. Added some cornstarch, dried onion, garlic pwd, pepper, cayenne. 2 cups chicken stock, 1 boullion cube, 3 russett potatoes peeled and diced. Simmer until veggies soft, add 1/2 c dried milk powder, about a cup of 2% milk, 1 lb frozen corn kernels, about 1/2 c cream, and some potato flour to thicken more.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Erniegirl

zorbs - ATB would have been good for me to do as a training run, as at least I would have done the MP run (plus some) I was supposed to do yesterday. Although I am not sure I am very good at holding myself back. I tried to hold back at Chilly but I think I ended up running it pretty hard and my legs were pretty sore for the next few days.

eh - So funny about your DH just accidentally running 19 miles. If only it were that easy for the rest of us! I have never been crazy about parsnips, but I recently started slicing them really thin and roasting them with olive oil, garlic, sea salt and smoked parprika, and they were delicious! Lol on being more excited if it didn't smell like skunk outside. My town is surrounded by farms, so the smell of spring here means a lingering odour of manure everywhere for a few weeks.

mer - Sorry about the horrible LR. That always feels discouraging. Usually horrible LRs are followed by good ones, though, so hopefully next week is way better for you! Sounds like you had yummy food yesterday

CA - BOOOOO to the ankle-deep snow. This winter is relentless. Glad the party was fun yesterday. Scary about DH's boss's wife, hope they are okay! My friend delivered her baby two months early in the fall and, while she was in the NICU for a month and is still very small for her age, she is otherwise fine.

E-rain - Way to go on the post-baby 5k PR, and that's an especially impressive time the day after a long run! You'll have to run another on fresh legs once you're done your marathon. I think your DH owes you big time for the beer episode!

kant - Uh oh on the phone in the toilet! Does it still work? Ha ha, I'm sure A will have lots of fun putting dirt in her mouth now that you can play outside.  It's a good immunity booster, right? Hope you are feeling better from the stomach bug soon!

spike - Lol at R eating all the pillow mints. Omg, that is terrible about the car crash!

rg - Yay for shorts weather! I wore shorts this morning and a 70-year -old man pulled up beside me and shouted "It sure is great to see you out here in your shorts!" Ummmm...thanks? R is doing a great job with his counting!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Zorbs- Congratulations on your race! and yes, Robin crushed it too! Soo fun driving to races and seeing other runners driving there too.

Erni -  Hope your running feels better soon.  Sometimes sleep is what's needed.  Sooo cute about the sheep pants!

Eh- Funny about the running route being long and not knowing it!

Mer- Yay, baby had a good weekend!  always such a relief, and makes things so much easier! Sorry to hear about apartment meeting, no fun!

CA- yikes on the snow. I  am so over snow! although it has been nice for ice baths.  Too bad about the Italy trip, although it may turn out for the best.  Hope that baby is ok! so scary.

Kant- Nice meeting you too!! Hope you feel better! How old is A? K is almost 9 mo.  We have not tried Bio Gia. His GI apt is in 2 weeks, maybe I will ask if it would help.

Spike- So sad abut the car accident!  So far with dairy, he just seems to have upset tummy, and farts. no vomit or poop blowouts.

Rg- Yikes on the light fixture dripping! lol, I remember growing up if we used the shower upstairs, water would go through the fixture below in the kitchen...lol, my parents remedy was to not use the shower. Glad DH could fix it.

KC born 7-14-13. RC born 7-21-15

Old PR's: 5k 19:36, 10mi 1:07:46, HM 1:30:04, M 3:06:19

Working on a Comeback after baby #2