Womens Running

Tired Tuesday Supermoms (Read 22 times)

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - how many people do you have in the crunch and run class?  Way to go R on the potty!!  I think that's the best way to start, find a predictable time when they go and plop them on, then praise the heck out of them if the go!

r-eh - Nice job on the tempo! How old is dd2?  20 minutes, I don't think I could keep to that!  I limit M to 2 short shows or one long per day, but it's honestly for me not her, I get tempted to just turn the tv on so I don't have to entertain her.

cx2 - hope daycare drop off goes well for DH. UGH on the meeting!  We have a townhall next week but since I'm on forced vacation I'm skipping it, it isn't worth the free pizza.

zorbs - yay for sleeping in!!  Are you supposed to stay w/ the kids in the class?  If not I'd just leave, it's good for them to get used to not having a parent in the room.

mer - I forgot how fast the evenings go when you're at work all day!  I can only imagine if you have evening commitments also.

ernie - i've made the RW cauliflower mac and it's good, last time I went super lazy and cooked the cauliflower and noodles, pureed the cauliflower, then mixed it, the noodles, some cheese, milk and dijon in the casserole.  Done, easy.  OMG on the car windows!  I hope you didn't leave them down.

arm - I've heard swimming here is crazy expensive.  I'm torn as to whether I want my kids in many sports/activities, the cost combined with the time just seem like a lot.

mzm - the bugs have been terrible here lately, I'm always being shwacked or eating them or getting them in the eyes.  My MIL has this awesome clear plastic wound stuff that she uses, maybe if you went in they'd give you something to put on it to help it heal faster.  Yeah I'd like to move next year so if we want to sell our house anytime soon it needs some attention.

becky - glad your foot is looking better, but good plan to stick to the bike.  phew on the tick!  YUCK... I think tick season is over here... maybe. ugh.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

running eh

cx2 - I am laughing about the 625 wakeup.  DS was sleeping better until recently.  He's been up before 6 the last few days.  I think if DH and I were still in bed he'd crawl in and go back to sleep, but oh well, at least he goes to bed early.  We don't actually own a TV, so all the kids screen time is online.  Our TV broke a year or so ago and we never replaced it.

zorbs - glad you slept in!!  Were you late for anything??  Hope you found somewhere to cool off today!

mer- you guys are super busy!!  I hope that things settle down soon so you can get a bit of a break before baby comes!

ernie - even when you have nothing in the house you still manage to make amazing meals, yum!!  Hope the MD appt. goes well!  Haha on S painting someone else's picture - she is hilarious!

mzm - soo true about DH, that is a lot of games for an old guy.  He is the oldest on his team and probably one of the oldest in the league.  He is super fit, but he is getting older and he will feel it after this week.  Your chiro is awesome.  It's great to have a runner treating you too!

arm - glad the girls likes swimming!  Someone was telling how much swimming is here, quite expensive too compared to a lot of other sports!  Funny about the tooth fairy!  Hope you get a nap today.

becky - nasty on the tick.  DH found one in his bowl of fruit a earlier this summer and I freaked out.  It was in one of the berries we had picked from our property. I HATE that stiff neck feeling, hope it goes away quickly.

CA - I hope you can organize that getaway.  No matter what you do it will be nice to getaway with just the two of you.  You are going to rock this marathon - your training has been great so far - you are already working super hard.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: USRD. Got glutened on Sunday at my niece's bday party. Trying to run right now would just mean PM attacks like no other.

TR: He's been a real sweetheart for the past few days, which has been really nice. Pooped his diaper twice in the last couple days, not sure what is up with that.

FR: Last night was 3 bites of yogurt and a handful of tortilla chips. DH made an individual sized frozen pizza.

NRR: Not a whole lot, just feeling run down and crappy from my hectic life and from the gluten (I think food got cross-contaminated on the grill). DH is playing hooky today and going fishing with his coworker, I'm a little jealous. I only have 3 vacation days left for the year, and less than 2 sick days now after leaving work 3 hrs early yesterday.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- R didn't like the little potty, he likes the toilet, which is so much easier and less cleanup.

eh- I wasn't letting R watch TV in the evenings (I let him watch in the morning so I can get ready for work easier) but the past couple days I haven't felt well and it went out the window.

cx2- long meetings suck!

zorbs- good job on having B work independently. Yay for sleeping in!

mer- you are so close!  DH missed R's bedtime last night and was really bummed.

Ernie- yuck on the open windows. MIL/FIL's house in CO got flooded last night from rain.

armama- My sister told me those things didn't exist really early.

mzm- have you soaked it in epsom salts or put anything like tea tree oil on it? owie

becky- lmao at a dick tick!

CA- good luck planning your trip!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

had a good class this morning, despite only 1 person showing up. ran 2.6 miles with her, then the rest after for a total of 8.3 for the day. so humid!

reh- way to go on your tempo today, I knew you'd nail those runs! it was crazy humid this morning. glad that your day of babysitting went well. that's cool that your DH plays soccer. good luck with the screen time limit. we let R watch one show on PBS in the morning when he first wakes up, which he sometimes sits for the whole thing, but usually not. occasionally i'll put something on at night while i'm making dinner if DH isn't home to entertain R.

Cx2-nice workout this morning! bummer on the drop-offs, I hope it gets better soon! we started R at a sitter at 10 weeks, and he was with her until he turned 1, so he was familiar with her and didn't cry. hope the meeting goes faster than expected (and you have a good snack to keep you awake during it!) We had introduced R to the training potty about a month ago but he treated it more like a toy, so we put it away.

zorbs- yay for sleeping in, remind me what that's like?! wow, the pools are closed already? do they run on the summer school schedule? sounds like B did ok at class. i'm actually ok with R using just the big potty- less mess to clean up!

Mer- enjoy your walk today, bring water! it's supposed to hit 92* here today too, bleh. wow, 37 weeks already?! were you early/late with J, sorry I don't remember! aw, bummer on not getting to see him- I hope you get lots of good time with him this weekend.

Ernie- ugh on the heat, enjoy your ST workout. hope S's visit goes well today! I booked R's 2-yr check late and it's not for another couple of weeks, oops. yikes, hope the car didn't get wet.

arm- sorry about being tired, hope you feel better for the rest of the run! mmm, nap sounds good. oops on the tooth fairy- just tell DD that she needed to go to the post office first to check your new address Wink  yay for swimming! I've only just started on the PT with R, and last night was a shock.

mrszm- ugh on the bug, so gross! wow on your chiro winning the marathon, that's impressive!! he must be super speedy. oh no on the cold, already, seems so soon. yay for himym- love love love that show! I hope your knee heals up soon!

becky- enjoy your biking today, glad your foot looks and feels better. ah on the ticks, not cool! I found one on R after we'd been at SIL's house for like 10 minutes this summer and it was already imbedded. so gross.

CA- mm hills for lunch, yummy! I hope M can kick her cold soon and start sleeping better. awww so cute about O! Your month off starts tomorrow? I vote for trashy daytime tv- I watched so much junk tv on maternity leave, what else are ya gonna do with a newborn who wants to nurse every 90 minutes, right?! I wasn't expecting him to pee last night, but DH and I definitely made a huge deal about it!

spike- sorry about the gluten! hope you can recover soon. aw, glad R has been so good for you, I love the happy snuggly kids. sounds like you need a morning/day out to go get a pedi, go shopping, enjoy a sbux... I'm glad that I don't have to clean a training potty- the thought of dumping poop out of that makes me gag.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

running eh

spike - I hope you feel better soon!  It's amazing to think that something like a tiny bit of gluten can really affect a body so much.  Take care of yourself.  Glad R is being sweet.

rg - great runs.  glad class went well!  I have decided that I love tempos.  I wanted to keep on going at that pace, but figured I should probably save it for next week.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

mer - add some orange pop and I'm sure an orange/vanilla ice cream float should somehow count as a full meal.

ernie - lucky that your DH will be banished! mine won't leave unless I already lose a night's sleep and pretty much threaten him before he'll go sleep somewhere else.

arm - I did find an open splash pad, yay!

becky - I've never seen a tick but that sounds absolutely disgusting.

mrszm - I agree with everyone else who said to go see a doctor about your knee.

CA - the class is supposed to be without parents, but I guess every other kids' parents are more helicoptery than me, and they all stayed.  One kid even had both mom and dad there.  I am trying to lay low during the class and I hope that the other parents don't find out that I work there.

eh - the only thing I was late for was breakfast and coffee Wink

spike - your DH should let you have some time to yourself!

rg - DH's theory about the outdoor pools all abruptly closing after Labour Day weekend is all the teen lifeguards go back to school.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- with DH's work schedule, its hard for me to get time to myself. Last weekend he got home from working nights at 7 am and had to go back to work 6 am yesterday so he's kind of useless on those transition weekends, then he works the next 2 weekends and has days off during the week. At least I burnt most of my vacation hours this year by actually going on trips (Vegas, Vancouver, Denver) rather than on days off to do Costco runs, etc like I normally do. DH is good about accomodating me if I ask for him to hang with R, but I'm bad at the asking part.

re gluten- its not as severe this time, thankfully. From what I've read, once your gut is more  healed, the attacks usually come on quicker but may not be as severe. So my attack at 6 mos GF is much less painful than the one at 3 mos GF.  Headache and fatigue is worse this time, bloating is the same, but stomach pain isn't as bad and no diarrhea so far. Sorry if that's TMI.

runninmer

Started these earlier...I will try to finish this afternoon.

rg - I bet you have some rockin abs!  J played with the little potty a lot and it got annoying.  We put the seat part on the big potty.  He goes almost every night before bed.  J always pees in the tub when I first put him in...can't get him to go before though.

eh - The research out there is amazing about screen time.  Do you do all screens (computer and tv) or just one?  J is never on my iPad unless I am home and allow him to use it.  TV wise, DH is a big TV watcher so it is on...he uses it more to keep J entertained than I do.  Glad you had such an awesome run.  That is a great way to start the day!

cx2 - I hope the meeting goes fast.  Sorry about all the tears.  That is tough.

zorbs - Glad you got some good sleep!  I am jealous!  Salad sounds really good right now.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Erniegirl

DH to the rescue....it turned out I did leave all my car windows down, but when DH got home last night and saw they were down he put them up for me. Good thing there's one responsible adult in this house Smile

~~~~

rg - Yay for pee on the toilet, how exciting! I should try to figure out when S is likely to go and sit her on the potty or toilet at that time. Sounds like you had a great run and class, but did the humidity make you even more tired?

eh - Nice work on the hot weather tempo! Are you also limited to 20 minutes of screen time or do you get a bit more? I think my screen time is pretty reasonable, but I don't know if I could keep it to 20 minutes!

cx2 - Just think of the drop offs as, you probably feel a bit sad when you say bye to her in the morning, and so does she, but since she's a baby she can only express that by crying. Once you've been gone a few minutes, I'm sure she has a blast and gets into all kinds of trouble Wink Ha, I am still driving the ghetto car, but I got the windows fixed so they aren't held up by spoons anymore. I just leave my windows down all the time because I hate getting into a hot car.

zorbs - Your DH is absolutely right that the outdoor pools close after Labour Day because lifeguards are back to school. Your splash pad should still be open. Our is, and we will be going there once S is done napping. Thanks for the cauliflower mac recipe. I realized I also have some fresh ravioli in the fridge, so I am going to do some sort of ravioli, cauliflower and cheese bake loosely based on that recipe.

mer - 37 weeks pregnant and leading such a busy life right now - I don't know how you do it; you really are a supermom! How are you feeling - done with being pregnant, or happy to keep that baby in a few weeks more? I hope you get more for dinner tonight, too, but maybe still have ice cream for dessert Smile

arm - Ha, I love that DD explained the reason for TF's no-show so you didn't have to come up with an excuse! I hear competitive swimming is really expensive here, too, although I have no idea what the prices actually are.

Mrszm - Ohhh SO GROSS on the June bug to the face. I live in fear of flying, crunchy bugs. Almost everyone I know caught a back-to-school cold last week. I hope this isn't a sign of a really bad cold/flu season.

Beckykay - Hope the foot is good as new after keeping off it a bit longer! Yikes on the tick on his junk! Was he running around pantless or did it get up his shorts?

CA - 5 am really isn't morning, especially with the later sun rise these days! Nice on DH stepping up with the cooking. I think you can fit in purge & clean AND junk TV!

spike - Oh no on the unsuspecting gluten attack! Good to know it probably won't be as bad this time. I have a friend who is very susceptible to cross-contamination like that - crazy how trace amounts can cause such big problems, eh?

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

ernie- people who haven't experienced life with a food sensitivity/allergy don't understand cross contamination and how little it actually takes. Its also possible that I got glutened at Red Robin on Saturday, can't tell for sure.  It gives me so much anxiety to eat at other people's houses. For some reasons, restaurants don't scare me as much.

superspike113

Honorary Old

mzm- June bugs are siiiiick! I will never forget the way my grandma freaked out when one flew into her hair at a 4th of July outdoor concert muahaha

Pepto Bismol. Its what's for dinner.

Erniegirl

spike - Restaurants (reputable ones, at least) are probably a lot more careful avoiding cross-contamination. It makes sense that you'd be more worried to eat at other people's houses for exactly the reason you stated - if people don't understand that a trace amount can have such an impact, they probably aren't very careful. My friend will often bring her own GF chips and dip to parties and ask people not to dip other stuff in it, and I've overheard people acting skeptical of whether cross-dipping would actually do anything. Which is a pretty dumb thing to speculate, because why would she go to all the trouble if it wasn't actually an issue?

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - ugh on the gluton! I hope you can eat again soon.  Bummer on the lack of sick and vacation days, I wish I could give some of mine to you instead of being forced to take the month off - sounds like a more worthy cause!

RG - yup month starts tomorrow, go back on Oct 9th.

zorbs - I'd do just what you're doing, those are the kids that lose their minds on the first day of kindergarten cause they've never left their mommies sides.

ernie - the problem with junk tv is that it's a bit all or nothing Smile  Maybe I can watch junk TV while I clean Wink

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- I shouldn't be whining about my lack of leave- I get 8 sick days, 15 days of vacation, 1 personal day, and 9 holidays a year.  I usually don't take time off to do fund stuff, hoard my leave, then end up taking off every friday between thanksgiving and Christmas. If I still work here in 15 mos, I'll get another 5 days of vacation.

ernie- I didn't tell my sister that I think I got glutened at her house, because she made the effort to read labels and stuff to accomodate me, and I don't want to make her feel bad. On the other hand, I kinda think I should tell her so she knows about cross contamination- but she is my stepsister on my side of the family that just doesn't understand. It took me ending up in the ER on Christmas in 2011 for my dad to finally "get it" that my nut allergy is life threatening despite the fact that I haven't eaten tree nuts in 15 years, and peanuts/almonds in the last 5.  This sister was talking to me a while back that she thinks GF is a fad. I told her, I agree that with some people it is a fad (ie- Paleo and whatever that diet is that Elizabeth Hasslebeck touts), but with others  who have celiac or a sensitivity, it is a necessity.