Womens Running

Terrible start Thursday - Supermoms (Read 11 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 8K easy with Sam.  TFL is just a bit puffy from the ART physio did on it and it didn't hurt when I got out of bed and only for a minute upon starting to run.

KR - ran into the bathroom last night, tripped over his potty and spilled the contents all over the floor.  (see NRR)

FR - baked potato bar.  I have broccoli, cheese, bacon, green onions.  Perhaps should buy some sour cream.

NRR - when DH cleaned up the potty mess, he used paper towels and threw those in the toilet.  Our toilet is iffy to begin with and it overflowed this morning, even after I fished the paper towels out of it.  so yeah our morning began at 5:45 with shitty water all over the bathroom and dripping into the basement.  Maybe if DH hadn't put those paper towels in...

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning

RR - SRD, it's weird to take Thursday off, but I ran hard on Monday since I had the day off (or so I thought), so my week is all out of whack.

KR - she was in bed by the time I got home last night.  Tonight she's sleeping over at MIL's because MIL is having surgery next Monday and won't be able to watch her for a month while she recovers.

TR - was up a bunch in the night - I have no idea why.  The first time she was out of her sleep sack - I need to start putting it on backwards because she's always escaping.

FR - I haven't a clue - it's just O and I, and DH will eat later so maybe just eggs or bfast for dinner of some sort.

zorbs - YUM on baked potatoes but I would want sour cream on them.  Glad the TFL is feeling better!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

runninmer

I read the posts every day, I might as well join...

RR:  Resting today.  The weather is crap and I have book club so a run would make the afternoon/evening super busy.  Will do something "longer" after school tomorrow.

BR:  Crazy little man.  In about a week he has mastered crawling, going from laying down to sitting up, and now he is pulling himself to a standing position.  He is also getting more teeth (currently has 3).

TR:  Can't believe my little man is 3!  We had a great time on his Birthday. I took the day off and we went to breakfast and then to a Children's Museum and had a blast.  Let him play outside a lot too which is all he ever wants to do!

NRR:  Just a lot going on.  Busy days at work and night time at home is less than relaxing.

FR:  Who would have guessed, frozen pizza last night and in my lunch today!  Hoping book club food tonight is really good since that will be my dinner. Smile

zorbs - That is a disgusting mess to wake up to.  We wake up to cat puke daily.  In that situation, I would be grossed out and throw the paper towel in the first place I could find.  The baked potato bar does sound really good.  I am a sour cream fan too!

CAR - H was up at 2 and sitting in his crib.  I think he is in the phase of sitting, but then not knowing how to lay back down.  He definitely cries when he gets frustrated.  That will be a long time for M to not hang out with grandma!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

CA - I don't know what I was thinking, forgetting sour cream! what are you going to do for childcare for a month?

mer - welcome back! wow H is progressing quickly! Well technically I woke up to only paper towels floating in the toilet, but when I tried to flush (of course not pee) was when it overflowed, so it was DH who got woken up by me yelling, TOILET OVERFLOWING!  My cat likes to puke up her hairballs on my white living room carpet.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

runnergirl9508

zorbs: omg, the toilet overflowing would have been a BAD start! Glad the physio helped.

Mer: hey! Hope you get some good food at book club. What book are you guys reading?

CA: enjoy your RD. I always feel off when I have to switch my RD around. Have fun with just O tonight.

RR: 6 miles this morning. It was cool, but sunny out.

TR: we're outside playing now- he's hopping down the hopscotch numbers I drew for him on the patio.

NRR: laundry, cleaning, and a few errand later to get ready for going away this weekend. Looking forward to it!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 4.1 last night. Dog crapped in the neighbor's pristine ditch last night as he was pulling out of his driveway. I didn't have a bag so I had to run home and get one, then run back home again to dispose of the poo. So I spent the first .75 miles of my run ferrying dog crap.  Ordered some Pearl Izumi shoes, hopefully they are a good replacement for Asics, got a pair for under $70.

RR2: part of my big toenail flaked off and when I went to pull it away it took some skin with it so now my toe is angry and sore. We'll see how it feels tonight and whether I feel like working out.

TR: No TV again last night. Upped the ante and laid out a reward of ice cream tonight if he goes all day without timeouts.

FR: Last night was chicken tacos. Yummm. I ate 5. Tonight will be something with ground turkey- maybe meatloaf? haven't made that in a while.

NRR: Haircut last night, going to the dentist today to have that tooth where I had a cavity filled last month looked at- its still super sensitive.  DH has been in a weird mood lately and having trouble sleeping, last time he was like this he went on anxiety meds for a while. Its affecting my mood.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- glad you TFL is fixed up. I would be so mad about the bathroom. Luckily, we have more than one toilet, so when DH plugs it, I refuse to unplug it and make him do it when he gets home. We have a septic tank now and DH is super weird about it- he made a point to ask me not to flush tampons. I love baked potatoes but dh doesn't like them, story of my life *sigh*

CA- so nice of grandma to invite M over for a sleepover!

Mer- I feel you on the lack of relaxation. I had Friday off from work and spent the whole day cleaning and running errands. I have an overnight meeting in SPokane next week and am looking forward to a night to myself at the hotel with the fancy showers. Happy birthday, J! What did you do for his party? I'm thinking a bugs or dinosaur theme for R's party. His birthday falls on a Friday this year, so I have to imagine that a lot of people are going to travel for the 4th of July holiday, so I'm not sure if I should do his party then or not.

RG- sounds like a low-key day. Have fun!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runninmer

zorbs - Our cat is ruining our carpet.  We have SO many spots it is embarrassing.  We are big users of plastic bags for puke/poop issues.  I think even the one time J pooped in the toilet, it was transferred to a plastic bag...we go through a lot in our house.

rg - We read Cuckoos Calling by J.K. Rowling (whatever pen name she used.)  Next month is at my house and we read The Fault in Our Stars which was really good.  Yay for time outside.  It was raining this morning and is really wet outside.  More rain tonight.

spike - Ouch on the toe nail!  That sucks.  I lost part of a filling yesterday eating licorice.  Gotta make that call today.  Aren't we friends on FB?  I uploaded a bunch of pics from the party!  We did a construction theme.  I have a board on Pinterest as well where I got all of my ideas.  We didn't sit last night until after 7.  By that time it is time to clean up toys, read books, get in jammies, etc.  H didn't nurse super long so he was in bed by 8:45ish (I nurse and rock to sleep.  It is the only time I get to cuddle with him!)  OMG a night alone sounds wonderful.  No bedtime, no baths, no nursing or pumping.  I guess that isn't what I signed up for though!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

mer - HEY, I've missed you on here, I'm glad you posted.  Crazy how fast our kids are growing up, a day off with him sounds awesome!  M will see grandma I'm sure, but won't get to sleep over for a while.

zorbs - my parents are covering most of the afternoons after school, and we can do some extra dayhome dropins as necesary.

rg - fun on the hopscotch!!  Enjoy the day.

spike - hope you like the shoes, I've never tried on Pearl Izumi's.  YUM Tacos!

DH texted me and he was up with O also last night, she must have been crying hard and me sleeping deeply for it to wake him up.  I hope she sleeps better tonight.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

Mer- Yes we are FB friends, I remember seeing the pic of you in the hospital over the weekend but I was busy and didn't spend a lot of time on FB. R has lots of trucks/tractors and stuff right now, but is obsessed with the toy snake and dinosaur I let him get at the dollar store.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - I think I will buy some chalk for B soon!

spike - I once got a pack of press on toenails as race schwag, that's what you need to cover up that sensitive skin.  What are you supposed to do with tampons, wrap them in TP and throw in the garbage?

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- yup, tampons in the garbage. R keeps following me in the bathrooms so I have to send him on errands so he doesn't see what I'm doing. The skin isn't exposed- it feels like ingrown toenail pain way down deep on the edge of the nail. I soaked it in epsom salts, cleaned it out with hydrogen peroxide them put the bandaid with abx ointment on it.