Womens Running

Hello Core Thursday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

Don't think that I'm that inspirational and doing core work.... I meant as in "Hello" to our core group of ladies.  :-)

Carol-so is MIL jealous of attention to new bride? that would be my guess. hope she doesn't pull some stunt to regain center stage.  will be tough but new son in law should have conversation with her to clearly spell out where his priorities lie and assure that she is still in them but that he won't get sucked into playing game to show where his priorities lie....they are with wife, then mom.  then just ignore it for what it is...attention getting childish behavior.  expect it too, that's the only way to ignore it really.

off to gym to burn calories in non-impact manner.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ahhhh. I am back running and my core and quads certainly feel it. My appetite is improving though. Had a good dinner out last night.

Wednesday I went back to work, then ran 40 minutes on the TM afterwards. I still felt not up to par, but after going out for dinner I felt much better. It had been very hard to eat after the illness.

Today I still plan a run after work. It feels so good to run. I may go to the track.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Lisa - I meant to ask what is "chicken shot'?  Interesting take on the MIL...agree  SIL needs to have a conversation with her...before DD does Shocked as she really wants to - to figure out what is going on...SIL told DD, it will go much better if he does it ...oye....

Judy - Glad you were able to eat a good dinner!

Karen - I don't think I ever answered on the T25 - it is a series of w/o's from Sean T (Insanity & P90X guy) they are only 25 minutes - series of intervals/cardio/upper and lower body weight training.

Will get in at least 1 mile today - so far this streak has been fun.  Think I will do my T25 upper body w/o.  My lower body is pretty trashed right now...

Carol

LC Runs

Hello, happy it is Thursday!

4.5 on the TM this morning.  I did planks for my core work Big grin

Got rain on top of the snow last night so back roads are a mess.  Kids are back to school today (was cx yesterday due to road conditions).

Lisa - glad DH is feeling better.

Judy - happy to hear you are on the mend.

Carol - that stinks about the MIL - I sure hope the son talks to her or it's gonna be a 'fun' holiday season ugh.  Definitely sounds like a jealousy issue on her part.

camille2

Good morning!

Carol, your poor daughter. It's so rude of his mom to not speak to a holiday guest, esp a new family member Where are her basic manners?  Bad behavior is often best just ignored...but would be hard for me to do. Hope SIL has success.

Marjorie, I'm glad your "mandatory fun" is over. Being introverted, I always hated it. I'm sure pups will be happy to see you!

Lisa, his arm prob feels pretty good on the drip...sure he can drive.  (grin)   That's pretty sad about your knee-a lot to go thru to get no improvement.  What is chicken shot?  Steroids?

Laura, you are so good...doing planks.   I know they're good, but I hate planks.  IF I do core,  prefer exercises that are active. : )

Demaris, I forgot to congratulate you on the latest marathon! You are racking them up.

Sue, I hope your fog cleared up.  It's foggy here today.

Judy, I'm glad you're better.

I'm not sure what to do about my hip/groin. It's not bad enough to go to a doc for it.  It's just weird intermittent pains when I change positions at times - catches me by surprise.   Running doesn't hurt, but it doesn't seem to like hills...worse the day after them.  I ran in place on  a padded rug yesterday and may do that again.

Good Morning!  Very foggy and damp here.  I was sopping wet after a mile.  Very warm again too.  One of the guys did come out and run with me -- yay!  6 miles.

Judy--glad you are feeling better.

Carol--hope the inlaw situation settles down.  That is so selfish on the part of the MIL.

Arimathea

Tessa

And here I was thinking that when you said "hello core" you either went to an abs class that kicked your core muscles or you were finishing eating an apple.

Carol, not sure what your daughter's new MIL is thinking, but I hope her DH is realistic about his mother's behaviour. It sounds as if SIL will be a valuable ally.

"Chicken shot"? I know what Jello shots are. I don't think I've ever heard of a chicken shot. Chicken POX shot, maybe, but we're all past that I hope.

Lisa, think you are right, another MRI may be necessary. I'm sorry this recovery has been so long for you. And yes please tell D he is NOT to drive until the doctor clears him to do so, even though the school isn't that far. I'm sure some of the other parents would give DD rides home if they know the circumstances.

Laura, a snow day already? Wow. You are more conscientious than I am about planks.

Judy, hope they can get the car fixed for good. Glad you are back running!

Camille, good to see you. If the hip/groin issues continue you may want to see a doctor. How old are your shoes? That would be my first thought.

Marjorie, the pups will be so happy to see you!

Susan, good for you with the 6 miles.

4.6 this morning with RN. It is cold -- 36 at the McDonald's thermometer where we turn around -- and I was wearing a LS cotton shirt and a light jacket over it and got hot by the end. Better than shivering.

That gray cat is hanging around again. If she has an owner, I wish they would keep her inside. And put a collar on her.

Will be taking DH to radiation, then coming back and staining the legs of the table that I attached on Tuesday. Oh, and working, which I have started already.

Happy runs!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Lisa maybe it is scar tissue. You had some so maybe it broke off.

Ran 5.1. Did some walking too but didn't count that. Hip still not 100% but tolerable.

Camille le yes the pups were super glad. Quincy always turns himself nearly inside out as he gets so excitec. I'm introverted too but have learned to be okay with these meetings.

Come on everyone, chicken shot is because you are afraid of feeling the pain and/or what it is,,,,,that is what I think of when I see it

Tessa how much more radiation for this round?

Marjorie

ginnyb

Hi everyone,

Still not posting or running.  My back is much better, but now I am afraid to do anything for fear it will start up again.  It has really been painful, I feel like an old woman!  I just need to bite the bullet and give it a try.

Lisa....I didn't realize you were having trouble with the knee again.  What happened?

Judy...sorry you were under the weather.  I see you are back at it again, that's good.

Camille...the tour went well.  They said the turnout wasn't very good this year, but I had 178 come through on Sunday and 130 on Monday.  Enough for me!  No, I don't think I will do it again.  Just a lot of work trying to keep the house so neat and the dogs and all.  I have to say though, our dogs were perfect both nights.  Beau got up a couple of times to greet some people, but for the most part they stayed on the ottoman by me and just ate up the adoration that they received!  Everyone loved the dogs!

Well I think I am going to do the 5K on Saturday instead of the 10K, still apprehensive, but I can always stop if I can't do it.  Weather is supposed to turn nasty tonight though, rain than ice than snow...lovely

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Hey all,

7 miles tonight after work. They were horribly slow, I don't know if it's from being sick and wiped out the last few days or residual from the 50. I thin more from being sick, because I wasn't this slow last weekend. It was 65 when I ran in shorts in December tonight. Weather front comes through tomorrow though, and I'm a little worried about my 8K Sunday with a 100% chance of snow and/or ice pellets.

The run took a lot out of me, think I'll just relax for a little bit and go to bed early.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

http://www.synviscone.com

called "chicken shot" since it's a gel made from the substance found in the combs of roosters.

do I sound desperate?

this is the original point of pain that has eased off but is now back to sharp pointy pain.

Lisa

Quick hello to all!  Got home before 7:00 so an early day for me.  On day 6 of my streak.  Unfortunately for my core, it's an ice-cream eating streak, not a running streak.  Very cold around here these days with temps in the 30s at night.  Actually have a freeze warning in place which is very unusual on the coast.  SRD today but tomorrow morning's run will be COLD.

Lisa, hate to say it but maybe another MRI is in order?  Plus a chicken shot.  Followed by a jello shot.

Judy, glad that the bug is moving out of your system and letting you eat again.

Carol, how far are you into your streak?

LC, good for you for getting some planks done!

Camille, maybe just more rest is needed for your hip/groin?  How long has it been painful?

CrazySue, I bet you will have more running partners after the new year and everyone has made their resolutions to exercise.

Tessa, I see you've got the cold weather down there too. When you mentioned staining legs, for a sec I thought it was something to do with DH's legs....

Marjorie, glad you're able to run but boo for not being 100%

TGIF in advance!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR