Womens Running

SWEET, its the WEEKEND (DAILIES) (Read 21 times)

Bikerchick1

Lizzie - I agree with what has already been said...wear what YOU are comfortable with.  You will be adorable in whatever you choose.  You have good taste, just follow your gut!

Kat - You have probably already “checked out of here”...but if you get back to check in have a fabulous time,

Diane - Hope you are feeling better!

Damarias - 89 and cool...yikes!  Hoping it is just a heat related rash/chafing.

Crazysue - Sounds like a good work out for you!

Cathy - Nice job to DD!  What was your friend thinking with that comment Sad.

Margaret - Nice job on the 21!!!

Karen - 70 miles..you go girl!!!

Lori - enjoy the spectating tomorrow.  Good luck to DH!

Lisa - How fun to hang out with Shannon and run thru Hell!  I have seen all the FB posting from DFP...beings back such fun memories!  Still can’t believe we waited in the DFP building!  I’m sure it felt odd going to the expo AND not getting a bib Sad.

HalfCrazy - Can’t remember where you are from?  Sounds like a great work out!

Heading out for 7 with RB.  It is 38 degrees, should be a pretty run tho with all the fall colors.

Carol

Half Crazy K 2.0

Bikerchick, I'm just north of Baltimore. This crazy swing is actually normal for us.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me!

Thanks for all the comments on my outfit selection Smile I am going with what is comfortable!

Yesterday was a rough day. I had a bit of a meltdown. I am almost too embarrassed to say what it was about - LOL. My hair! I am pretty anal about my hair color. Especially when I put lowlights in (brown). For some reason if the hair color mixture has any sort of red in it, my hair will pull it out. My dad had strawberry blonde hair - maybe thats why. Anyway I always remind her, but this time I didn't because she had the color she used last time written down. I am now kicking myself because my brown low lights have a reddish tint. I should have reminded her or I should have just stuck with blonde highlights. I seriously had a meltdown. Honestly, I think it was everything. Pressure for pictures and my mom blowing up my phone all day with outfit suggestions. I sat in my car in the driveway and just cried. LOL. There has got to be some PMS in there, too. One of my girlfriends calmed me down (she started sending me shampoo options that have a brown glaze LOL) and so did a Xanax. LOL. This makes me sound ridiculous, but sometimes the littlest thing will push you over the edge if you are stressed! I am just going to roll with it and next time I am going to have to remind her again!

Pictures this afternoon. Today is our 2 year anniversary so we are going to grab brunch from the restaurant where we had our first date.

Running wise, I am 3 weeks from the next race so this week will be my "peak" week. This peak week will be way less mileage than my previous ones Smile Then I am tapering again! I like these close races Wink

Kathryn - Have an AWESOME time on your trip!!!! I can’t wait to see pictures! I can’t believe it is finally here!

Diane - Aw, I hope you are feeling better. If your body needs the extra rest, take it!

Docket - Oh no! Hope it was just chafe! How is it today??

Susan - How did the 5K go?! Loved that picture you posted! Smile

Cathy - OMG. I can’t believe that parent! Rude. Poor DD Sad I hope that gave her some extra push Wink She did great! So, when do you find out if she did indeed take the lead?! Hope the sleepover was fun! Smile

Margaret - Wow, nice final long run! Are you going for a specific time this go around? I remember you had mentioned a time that started with a 3 Smile LOL on the dating website comment. I don’t understand. You know if I wore a tight dress she would probably say that it was “too form fitting”. She is never satisfied. I am worried about the dress shopping. To be honest, I always forget about the calendar thread.

Karen - Aw, great news that the November runners want to continue to run with the group! How could they not want to do that Smile Good luck on the run today - what did you decide to do as puppy socialization?

Lori - Nice job on the 5! Sorry you lost your post Sad I didn’t realize your DH ran, too?!

Lisa - Have fun spectating today! I am always worried if I skip a race to spectate, I will have some serious FOMO. Funny about GC! Announcing it?! Oh boy.

Run4kupcakes - You had your house at 75?! WHAT! No way I could sleep in that. Nice job with the workout even though you aren’t feeling too hot. Thats a tough one.

Carol - Hope you had a great run today!!

Happy Sunday! HOW IS IT SUNDAY ALREADY!?

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Bikerchick, I'm just north of Baltimore. This crazy swing is actually normal for us.

SAME in VA, too!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Woohoo!!! Nice and cool this morning!!!! Maybe high 50s.  I ran 8 miles!!! Slow, but done.

Last night's 5k was fun. I felt pretty good, 30:08 -  I took it easy. It had rained, roads were slick,, acorns are everywhere and it was dark.3rd in my AG. We had a blast (as always) in our costumes.

Lizzie--LOVE the pic you posted on Fb. Is that one of your engagement pics?

I completely forgot all the personals.  Dogs are barking. Kept Gracie last night (DD's weim) and my house is total canine chaos!!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

I made a new friend here in Texas - in my bathtub...

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

WTF, I would leave the house and burn it to the ground, ha!

I have 12 miles tonight.  Most likely TM as last night because the heat index was still in the mid 90s then.  Anyway, my chafing (I think it's that) is almost gone and no new ones have sprawn.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Today I watched racers.  Hubby did well considering he didn't train for this one. I was able to meet up for a bit with Lisa. I wish I could have ran it but oh well

My 22 year old coworker ran the hm in 1:30:××.  Omg. I can't even run 7or 8at that pace anymore. I can't wait to congratulate her tomorrow.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

Lizzie, when the AC is on, we have the house at 78 during the day. I told DH we had to turn it down at night, so from 78 to 75.

KatS, oh yikes.

Docket_Rocket

Same here.  77-78 during the day and 75 at night.  AC is on all year long.

Fuck.  My city is pretty safe but I can see the KFC from my bedroom window where a murder/suicide just happen.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

WTF, I would leave the house and burn it to the ground, ha!

Kat, hmm, have to agree with Damaris here.  Looks like you had fun at the Riverwalk (drinking margaritas, I assume?).

Damaris, don't listen to your DH when he goes all Dr. Google on you and make every ailment fatal.  Yikes on the stuff happening at the KFC.

Lizzie, totally understandable that you are feeling lots of pressure.  And your mom isn't helping.    Come here whenever you need a reminder that things will be fine, you are doing great, and all that REALLY matters is that you found a great guy and you're getting hitched.  The rest is just pomp and hype and noise.  For my marathon, the goal is 3:55 (which would also be a PR).  That would have been 5 under my old lady BQ time until Boston went and lowered the qualifying times.    I probably wouldn't get into Boston with 3:55 now, but hey, I could still say that I qualified!

Lisa, Lori -- sounds like a fun weekend with the freep going on.  But yeah, it would be weird to be an an expo and not get a bib!  Although I'd still take all the free samples and eat and drink everything in sight.   Closer to Glass City, I can email the people that got us the discount code and ask about getting a mention for our bachelorette group.

Karen, I'm feeling good about my training but now that its taper time, I going to start looking back and thinking woulda/coulda/shoulda done more.  As usual.  Nice that your baby runners want to keep the group going.  We probably shouldn't keep calling them baby runners, they're at least toddlers now.  

CrazySue, great job on the AG award!

Carol, 38 with fall colors sounds like a perfect run.  We don't really get much in the way of fall colors here on the coast.

HCK, nice speedwork yesterday.

Ran 7.6 today.  Doing laundry and yard work today.  And watching more football.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Kat, hmm, have to agree with Damaris here.  Looks like you had fun at the Riverwalk (drinking margaritas, I assume?).

Damaris, don't listen to your DH when he goes all Dr. Google on you and make every ailment fatal.  Yikes on the stuff happening at the KFC.

Lizzie, totally understandable that you are feeling lots of pressure.  And your mom isn't helping.    Come here whenever you need a reminder that things will be fine, you are doing great, and all that REALLY matters is that you found a great guy and you're getting hitched.  The rest is just pomp and hype and noise.  For my marathon, the goal is 3:55 (which would also be a PR).  That would have been 5 under my old lady BQ time until Boston went and lowered the qualifying times.    I probably wouldn't get into Boston with 3:55 now, but hey, I could still say that I qualified!

Lisa, Lori -- sounds like a fun weekend with the freep going on.  But yeah, it would be weird to be an an expo and not get a bib!  Although I'd still take all the free samples and eat and drink everything in sight.   Closer to Glass City, I can email the people that got us the discount code and ask about getting a mention for our bachelorette group.

Karen, I'm feeling good about my training but now that its taper time, I going to start looking back and thinking woulda/coulda/shoulda done more.  As usual.  Nice that your baby runners want to keep the group going.  We probably shouldn't keep calling them baby runners, they're at least toddlers now.  

CrazySue, great job on the AG award!

Carol, 38 with fall colors sounds like a perfect run.  We don't really get much in the way of fall colors here on the coast.

HCK, nice speedwork yesterday.

Ran 7.6 today.  Doing laundry and yard work today.  And watching more football.

LOL.  He is a doctor!  And the chafing looks exactly like the Herald Patch he said.  Not surprised he picked that one.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Liz, your mom...what is her issue? If you don't want to wear form fitting stuff, that's your decision. (Most moms are telling daughters that their clothes are too tight!) And better to wake up thinking you have to go to work and then realize it's Saturday rather than vice versa -- most of us have probably had a "oh, I can sleep a while...oh SHIT it's Tuesday!" type moment.

Kat, that sounds like a horror movie. The bear ripped through the bathroom floor? I would SO be using the wastebasket (or whatever was available) in the bedroom as a chamber pot rather than enter that bathroom. (I would probably be clinging to the light fixture, though.) Terrified of bears.

Diane, hope you are feeling better soon. Damaris, likewise. Hub is not a dermatologist, is he?

Susan, hope you get cool weather soon. And you can always take pictures now!

Cathy, that is a weird introduction. Not sure why someone would do that. Hope DD is not too upset. I also hope you can prove her whereabouts when someone moved the cones...DD didn't have anything to do with that, did she? (Lil'Turtle whistles innocently...)

Margaret, trail mix is excellent fuel in my opinion. Mix of sugars for quick energy and protein/fat for staying power. Easy to transport and you don't need to eat all of it at once. Which race are you doing?

Karen, great that your halfies want to continue! I'm sure you can find other events to keep them motivated if the group runs aren't sufficient, and glad that they are enjoying the group training.

Lori, which half is DH doing, the Canadian or the American?

Lisa, you're right, we can't afford all the races. Unless one of us has won the whopping lottery, and I know I haven't because I didn't buy a ticket.

Kupcakes, we don't keep the house way too warm, Mother Nature keeps it too warm! I agree, sleep is easier when the bedroom is cool.

(on to page 2)

Arimathea

Tessa

Kat, AAACK! A scorpion? Ugh! I think I would have used a glass and piece of cardboard to trap it and take it outside...not because I have any great wish to preserve scorpions, but that is too big to squish.

That is definitely a "Quick, Henry, the Flit!" moment. (Google it.)

Damaris, 89 and cool do not belong in the same sentence. Not under any circumstances.

Margaret, you and RN are in the same age group, as is Karen. I think that since Boston dropped the qualifying times by 5 minutes people will be getting in with times close to the published qualifying times, rather than having to be 4 something minutes under their qualifying times like they were last month. You could make it!

15.5 yesterday, 5.4 this morning. Yesterday started out well, nice cool weather and no wind. Turned at a convenient stopping point, started back, and it heated up fast and I had the wind in my face. Major positive split. I think I made the right decision not going for Santa Clarita. I would not have enjoyed another 11 miles yesterday.

Anonymous Guest

I got over 8 hours of sleep last night! It was awesome. Then ran 7.something miles in 60 degrees. Also awesome. Did some laundry then we took the boys to Tractor Supply to shop in their dog section, then to Starbucks for a coffee on the patio. That went less well. Riley has some anxiety - he obviously needs more socialization as well. It wasn't horrible, but Riley was either barking or panting most of the time. He did let some people pet him eventually (Huckles let EVERYBODY pet him) and they got treats from the cashier at Tractor Supply. But I wouldn't say any one of us actually enjoyed it. So we need to do more of it.

So nice here today, we've actually got the windows open. That rarely happens here since it's usually so humid.

Lisa and Lori, sounds like a good time was had by all at the Detroit Marathon.

Margaret, I wouldn't be surprised if just qualifying for Boston was enough to get in next year. The last time they raised the standards six years ago, registration didn't close until mid-October. I know that because I got my first BQ six years ago today (thanks fb memories!) and it closed the day before the race, otherwise I'd have signed up for Boston 2013.

HCK, that workout sounds hard. Nice job, I might have to try it.

Carol, I had so many memories today from DFP. That was such a fun time and a great race. Hope the 7 went well.

Liz, meltdowns over things that shouldn't be enough to cause a meltdown? Yep, been there. We probably all have. When you've got a lot going on, are being pulled in different directions and are stressed, it doesn't take much and you don't know what's going to set it off. I hope the pictures went well. And that brunch was fun. Happy two year anniversary to you two!!

Susan, congrats on the 5K! Great picture of your group in costume on fb.

Kathryn, time to move!

Tessa, nice mileage this weekend. And good to see you.

The baby runners - yes, they're already talking about a couple races - a ten miler in January, a half in the spring. The toddlers (last year's runners) were very cute, explaining to the baby runners that our season officially runs through January, but some of us keep running together all year round. I think we've got enough people and enough interest to do a group pasta dinner before the November race, so now on my agenda is to find a place for that and set it up.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel