Womens Running

Hey Hey its THURSDAY (DAILIES) (Read 23 times)

dhuffman63

Trails

Karen I have a coaching type question: How many days a week is interval training best?  Since I mostly walk I'm wondering if a once a week fast walk with slower walk breaks in between will be helpful?  I can also do one day of hill work (weather permitting) on the weekend.  So Tuesday I could do a 5 min fast with a 1 min slow and then on Sat/Sun do a hill on my road (nothing but hills...lol)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

What a boring day! Slow day for me. I did get some Christmas shopping done online Smile Heading to the grocery after work and then meeting my co-worker at the mall. I am a loser and am all excited about the Christmas scents at Bath and Body Works so we are going to get some. I love their plug in's! And now they have their snowmen and Christmas ones! I am such an ADULT it is sickening.

Judy – You were very active yesterday! Metal decorations for your hiking sticks? Like, Christmas?? Have a good run today!

Docket – Oh boy. Hope you have fun tonight!

Diane – Do you cook brussel sprouts at home? I am always looking for recipes for them. I like them nice and crispy. Your motivation will come back. Sometimes it needs some rest Smile You are pretty impressive with the races this year! Something to be proud of! Oh I know I gave a hard time about checks to Tessa..but my car payment is still by check! They wanted to charge more for auto withdrawal. Dumb. Oh and don’t keep apologizing – its okay! And I was thinking about what you said and I am going to take that advice and back off. On the interval question..hmmm I would say twice. But I am no coach Karen…Smile

Kathryn – Awe, I think its sweet that your work family is doing a Thanksgiving!! I had to laugh that they offered it at your house. I can only imagine your reaction. It will be fun though! Smile WOOHOO on booking flights and hotel reservations! I have been watching for Fargo..I am waiting until I know the price can’t get any lower.

Sandy – I was thinking that this morning – about Ruger getting over the rain. It was just sprinkling this morning so I didn't think he would hate it too much. I wasn’t going to deny him though since he was so excited. He did NOT come home muddy SmileReally cool about the groceries..I may have to try. Smart to stay home today. Don’t spread your germs! Haha. Did you go to sleep early last night? Bootcamp and Beauty sounds like fun!! I would do that for sure. I am going to be honest and say I HATE HIIT style classes. LOL. I just get so tired hahaha. My ab class on Monday was HIIT style. UGH. I was sore until yesterday! I know I know they are good for you but still. Hang in there over there with the hangover and the sickness Smile

Cathy – 1 mile on the TM?  How did it feel?? Thanks for your thoughts on HCBF’s job..very possible. He has been there for 10 years so I am sure he feels some sort of security with it. Its hard to hear him complain and see him work these 14-15 hour days and not get “rewarded”. As in his PAY. He should be making twice what I make. I have to learn to look at it from his view. Its hard to do that! I want I want I want..but you know it’s not just about me anymore. THAT is the hardest part of relationshipping! I am trying to figure out the balance between it not being all about me..and not “losing” me. If that makes sense?  I am surprised that your DH doesn’t come out to more races! Was last year the first time you made a turkey?! I am considering trying to make one this year. I won’t get my normal mom’s thanksgiving so I wanted to try myself. I am scared!

Do you ladies ever remember me eating cake the night before a race?! I don't remember if I have ever done that or not..I want to say yes?? I am picking up my cake tomorrow but now I want to have some tomorrow and Saturday (its a huge piece so I cut into two). LOL.

Have a great afternoon/evening!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Kilmisters

Lizzie, yeah, downward dog position as mammel is walking past your office wouldn't be nice, huh Smile Good suggestion about calf sleeves, but I am wearing compression socks (on every single run, very used to them). DH is slowly building up mileage for all 3 parts of IM + adds strength workouts, of course. He does have block workouts (bike+run; swim+bike etc.), but nothing like your co-worker is doing... I agree - marathon sounds more bearable!

Cathy, indoor individual marathon? Uuuuuhm... Reminds me of how I wanted to run a 5-10 laps around the small stadium (250m track) we have when I was running by today; I think it took, uhm, 2 laps for the ''oh hell no, this is awful'' stage to set in... Soooo... Big grin

Kat, they nominated you as the host of get together w/o asking if it's ok w you (it does sound they had already decided on that)? First off day after 8 day working streak would be a reason good enough to say no, regardless of their apartment situation. Oh well. Maybe it's just the introvert me speaking.

Sandy, yes, please, no year-end talk, it's tough at work as it is Big grin DH's race is in August, in Tallinn (his hometown!). Ssssoooo... Did you workout? This time I actually believed you would Big grin

Diane, motivation will come back sooner or later, just keep moving, even if it means 3 TM miles!

10k today. Had a ''uhm, we need this calculation today'' call at 3pm. WHO DOES THAT. They were lucky I already had similar scenario calculated and just had confirm adjustments w sales team (so a 20min call). Earlier today had a Skype call w boss and director of real estate department. After 30mins of us trying to prove our point to r.e. guy, K suddenly started to cry. Boss turned to the other guy w resting bitch face and said ''See, Victor, even the child knows your plan ain't gonna work, if that's not a sign, then I don't know what is, now it's THREE of us telling you that.'' She's amazing.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Someday I'll catch up.

Story of my life. LOL

Looking at one of these two possible Texas races as the pre-Antelope Canyon death march in the desert training run.

Piney Woods 50k in Houston

Running the Rose 54k in Dallas

Nothing for sure and would have to check out flights but I have lots of Delta miles and some SW ones too.

Life is good; friends/coworkers starting to actually notice a change in me.

Things not final yet but hopefully in a month they will be. I'll be back then.

I am tutoring tonight. Every thursday for 2 hours through a literacy program which helps adults ready themselves for GED prep. Awesome to help a woman who dropped out of high school in 9th grade work towards her dream. "I know I can do better."

We all can! Keep on inspiring!

Lisa

dhuffman63

Trails

Thanks Lizzie, I'm sure I'll get it back and this may just be my mind telling me I need a break.  The trip to MS will help too as I've not spent a lot of time with just DD (and GD) in a long time. I only cook them if I'm alone as no one else like them.  I usually just make them in a pot or the microwave.  I have seen some recipes that look tasty so may try them....I'll let you know.

We've done turkeys in the past and even picked up one of those "prepared meals" at one time but the favorite has been the "little chickens" or Cornish game hens.  That way everyone gets their own.  I managed 6 one year but normally it's just us two.

Way to go Lisa.  Nice to see you here.

Performance eval wasn't too bad.  Thanks for your support.

Lisa---That is WONDERFUL!!! Thank you for volunteering and making a difference in that woman's life

Wink

Kilmisters

That's great news Smile

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, the first year you do 8 hikes you are given a hiking staff as a reward. Think "broomstick" with a rope loop through the top.  After that, each year you do the hikes you receive a little curved medal with something wildlife related on it to nail to your staff. I choose to display mine in a display box like DC does. This year's medal has a deer on it. Other years have had flower, frog, snake (Sir Pent), raccoon, commemorative years for the parks, etc. One says, "Take a Hike". They also give decorated pins for the spring hikes and finishers medals for the running trails. I would do the running trails, but would not go to the parks without a guy running with me. They are much more isolated than the ones I run .

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

MyMomRuns, great to see you again!   :::hugs:::  

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

What a boring day! Slow day for me. I did get some Christmas shopping done online Smile Heading to the grocery after work and then meeting my co-worker at the mall. I am a loser and am all excited about the Christmas scents at Bath and Body Works so we are going to get some. I love their plug in's! And now they have their snowmen and Christmas ones! I am such an ADULT it is sickening.

Judy – You were very active yesterday! Metal decorations for your hiking sticks? Like, Christmas?? Have a good run today!

Docket – Oh boy. Hope you have fun tonight!

Diane – Do you cook brussel sprouts at home? I am always looking for recipes for them. I like them nice and crispy. Your motivation will come back. Sometimes it needs some rest Smile You are pretty impressive with the races this year! Something to be proud of! Oh I know I gave a hard time about checks to Tessa..but my car payment is still by check! They wanted to charge more for auto withdrawal. Dumb. Oh and don’t keep apologizing – its okay! And I was thinking about what you said and I am going to take that advice and back off. On the interval question..hmmm I would say twice. But I am no coach Karen…Smile

Kathryn – Awe, I think its sweet that your work family is doing a Thanksgiving!! I had to laugh that they offered it at your house. I can only imagine your reaction. It will be fun though! Smile WOOHOO on booking flights and hotel reservations! I have been watching for Fargo..I am waiting until I know the price can’t get any lower.

Sandy – I was thinking that this morning – about Ruger getting over the rain. It was just sprinkling this morning so I didn't think he would hate it too much. I wasn’t going to deny him though since he was so excited. He did NOT come home muddy SmileReally cool about the groceries..I may have to try. Smart to stay home today. Don’t spread your germs! Haha. Did you go to sleep early last night? Bootcamp and Beauty sounds like fun!! I would do that for sure. I am going to be honest and say I HATE HIIT style classes. LOL. I just get so tired hahaha. My ab class on Monday was HIIT style. UGH. I was sore until yesterday! I know I know they are good for you but still. Hang in there over there with the hangover and the sickness Smile

Cathy – 1 mile on the TM?  How did it feel?? Thanks for your thoughts on HCBF’s job..very possible. He has been there for 10 years so I am sure he feels some sort of security with it. Its hard to hear him complain and see him work these 14-15 hour days and not get “rewarded”. As in his PAY. He should be making twice what I make. I have to learn to look at it from his view. Its hard to do that! I want I want I want..but you know it’s not just about me anymore. THAT is the hardest part of relationshipping! I am trying to figure out the balance between it not being all about me..and not “losing” me. If that makes sense?  I am surprised that your DH doesn’t come out to more races! Was last year the first time you made a turkey?! I am considering trying to make one this year. I won’t get my normal mom’s thanksgiving so I wanted to try myself. I am scared!

Do you ladies ever remember me eating cake the night before a race?! I don't remember if I have ever done that or not..I want to say yes?? I am picking up my cake tomorrow but now I want to have some tomorrow and Saturday (its a huge piece so I cut into two). LOL.

Have a great afternoon/evening!

Brussel sprouts is my most favorite thing in the world!  Funny since I only discovered them after I moved to Miami (there are no brussel sprouts in PR).  Anyway, bacon, olive oil does the trick.  Or roasted and add some balsamic vinegar and olive oil.  Yum!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Lisa---That is WONDERFUL!!! Thank you for volunteering and making a difference in that woman's life

Wink

Glad to hear!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page