Womens Running

Wawawahooooo For the Weekendailies!!! (Read 19 times)

dhuffman63

Trails

Got 9 in today so finished my week with 50.  If I'd done 10 it would put me at 51 and I like even numbers...lol.  Course the 9 bothers me too but at least it's a prime number so I can live with that.

Made some tomato soup and grilled cheese for dinner but I'm still hungry.  I hate cooking for just myself and with DH off visiting relatives it's just me and the boys and they don't need people food.  I was Pancake Sunday so they did get a pancake.

Congratulations to the racers.

Hi Laura, nice to have you back. That's pretty crappy about your agency.

HcK, I don't have a TV in the workout area and like you I find that distracting so I listen to Audible books or music for the shorter ones.  I keep trying to find the magic pair that will make my feet feel wonderful.

Kat I keep researching races we can do. Could those people be jealous of the other place?  I only know 2 vets...you and the one I use but if there is a lot of competition maybe there's some jealousy making them talk so bad about the other place.

Carol, I'm experimenting this year and seeing how well or not I do by doing all my training on the TM.  Unfortunately my HR spikes and I can't breathe if I run too much so I do mostly walking with a little jog here and there.

Sue, sorry about the tripping. 25 miles on a bike, if I didn't fall off, would make my butt hurt so bad.

Wooooo for the racers (Lizzie, Karen, Damaris) and volunteers (Seloc, Turtles) this weekend!!

Kat, weird that people feel the need to talk trash about the place you'll be working.  It's just a job, people!  Probably has good and bad stuff like anyplace else.  And among the good stuff is a pay check.

DHuff, nice mileage for the week!  Well done on the LR on the TM yesterday, ugh.

Lori, happy Thanksgiving!  Good job on the back to back runs.

CrazySue, bummer on the fall, probably a good idea to bag it, not a good omen!

Carol, sounds like a nice day yesterday with the family.

HCK, we are having Indian summer here, temps up to 80, yuck. I don't know how the rest of you deal with it all summer.  And it's not even humid here.

LC, nice to see you back!  Sorry about the work crap but yay for running again!

21 miles for me today.  Too hot (for me) and I think I need to eat more.  The 100 calories/hour that I've used for marathons in the past doesn't seem to be enough anymore.  I had to sit myself down at mile 13.5 and ate a couple gels.  Probably need to start carrying something more substantial like trail mix.

Hooray for a day off tomorrow for Columbus Day!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR