Womens Running

Tripping Over Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 21 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. I'm late but here.  Big grin

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Monday I did a 35 minute run on the track. I am wearing the new arch supports the doc gave me. I discovered that I may not need the heel cup in my right shoe now. When I got home I did 20 minutes of cardio. I started the asthma inhalers again so I am feeling much more open when I run. My whole chest feels cool and open.

Regular track run and cardio today after I get the car repaired.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Long evening. But rested and ready for today.

Laura hope you hear soon on the job

Gatsby, wow the last year?  Hmmm

must work. Be back on later.

Marjorie

Ran/walked 2 mIles this morning. Feeling giddy.

Lisa

Anonymous Guest

Good morning all! Feeling almost normal today. Sunday's marathon was tough in the heat, but the drive home was even worse. Traffic so bad that in the middle of nowhere, we would come to a complete stop and backup. No accident, just too much volume on the roads. Got home around 10 Sunday night and was just beat down tired all day yesterday. Today, I may run a few miles (definitely not the 13 on the schedule, as I feel like I'm right on the edge of overtraining/injury with the long races the last two weekends and the increased mileage the last few weeks. May not run at all, but just bike instead.

Tessa, your report yesterday definitely made me want to go back and do Shadow again! Sadly, now that I have the time for travel, I don't have the income.

Lisa, feeling giddy for you! RAN/walked? Hooray!

Good morning Judy and Marjorie! I need to get moving, since I didn't do much of anything yesterday I've got a lot I want to get done today. Including a RR from Sunday.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Happy Tuesday!

Six miles this morning.  Lots of folks out this morning, which was fun.  Slept better last night so I feel ready for the day today.

Wishing I could go home and use the foam roller!

Have a great day everyone

ginnyb

First of all, Hooray for Lisa's run/walk!!!!!   So happy for you!

3 miles this morning, legs a little tired, but good run.

I have been switched at work from Wednesday night to Tuesday night, so did a few errands this morning and now thinking of what to eat.

Judy....glad you feel better running.

Karen....think maybe you should rest a bit more, biking sounds like a good alternative.

Morning everyone else!!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.5 for me.  Pilates later

They are pressure washing the house now.

Dad and wife are doing a house warming party this weekend.  They sent us an invite.  No way we can go and I'm only sending a card.  Since I paid for so much for the reception, the wedding album etc I'm just not going to also send a house warming gift.

Lisa yay for you!

Karen sounds like rest is in order so you don't injure

GInny did she ever do the meeting that she sent the memo about?

Doggies are behaving with the guys power washing the house.  I'm amazed they are not barking.  Well, they did try once, but DH got out the squirt gun.  They hate that thing so they laid down and are now passed out on their pillows.  Not even at the door watching the guys traipse through their yard.  I'm impressed.

Marjorie

Wow Marjorie--housewarming gifts too?  I would just send a card too.

OUCH!!  I went home for lunch and as I was climbing back into my car a wasp (I guess) was inside my skirt and stung the crap outta me!!  Went back inside to make sure he was gone, took a Benadryl I just bought for Jake's allergies and put some baking soda on it.

And I have a big fresh bruise on my leg (looks lovely with my dress, I'm sure) .... I have no idea where that came from....war  injury from the race this weekend??

DD is back at school.  She was at my house for lunch (her school is a half mile up the road).  She brought Gracie over and that silly dog just started squealing at me.  She loves her gramma!  Had to go out and throw the ball a few minutes with her.  Maybe that is where I got the wasp?

Back to research.  Food grade phosphates, anyone?

Arimathea

Tessa

Gatsbybird, I asked Baz about that. He says it is a rumour only. He intends to keep putting on Shadow. He put that up on the site apparently to see if people read it. Turns out they do. It went viral.

However, being as how Baz is nearing 80, I would not put off this race too long...

Karen, it is not that expensive to fly out to CA for the weekend, I can pick you up and put you up, we drive up the day before, bunk down in the dorm, run the race, drive back to SoCA that afternoon, you stay with us again that night and fly back the next morning. Total cost: the plane ticket, the race, $15 for the dorm, and some gas money. It's doable.

Lisa, yay for run/walk 2 miles! Baby steps.

Marjorie, I think I'd send something like a nice set of dish towels. With dogs on them.

4.5 this morning with running neighbour. Then at the hospital. DH still sick, not ready to leave, and getting more forgetful. Now at work.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Tessa I snorted on the housewarming gift!

Marjorie